Status: Working On It.

Torture in Her Eyes

Une.

Maria played with a strand of her hair, braiding it, as she sat in the window seat. She hadn't left her room since she had arrived, and wasn't planning on it at all. She didn't want to be here in the first place, so why should she come out?

Scarlett walked down the hallway, staring at her clipboard. Hmm... Who to torture see today... She went down the list checking off all the people she'd already met with that week. Next on the list was Maria Grey. Hmm... This should be a fun day.

Maria drew little shapes on the steamy windows, sighing softly to herself. She hated it here, there was nothing to do. They hardly ever let her out of her room, which aggravated her a bit. She crawled over to her bed and yawned, curling into a ball.

Scarlett walked to room 3A, Maria Grey's room. She took out her keys and opened the door. She continued looking at her roster of patients. "Are you Maria Grey?" She asked in a seemingly sweet voice.

Maria sighed and slid off of the bed, following her. Maybe it was better just to follow orders, maybe it would get her out sooner. "Uhm...w-what's your name," she asked, looking up at the taller female.

Scarlett kept walking, "My name is Scarlett, and I'll be your counselor for your whole stay," She walked into the last room on the left. "Please sit, make yourself comfy." She sat in a big puffy maroon coloured chair.

Maria smiled a little. She seemed nice, maybe she could trust her. She sat down cross-legged on the chair, watching the woman. "S-so...what am I s'posed to tell you?"

Scarlett jotted down a few notes. She doesn't even know what to talk about? Jeez... she thought. "Well sweetie, you are supposed to talk about what brought you here, your thoughts, and anything else you just want to talk about," she said trying to sound caring.

"Well, my mum...she told me how much she h-hated me...a-and so I thought I'd just...die. She wouldn't have missed me, s-so I..." she sniffled and held up her arms, showing her bandaged wrists.

Scarlett looked up at her and saw the bandages, "So you thought hurting yourself, would help your mother out?" She asked trying not to sound annoyed.

"I thought maybe if I was gone...maybe she wouldn't have to deal with me," Maria muttered, shrugging as she pulled her sleeve back down. She could tell the woman was getting annoyed with her. "Sorry...I'm a whiney bitch, aren't I," she muttered.

Yes you are a whiney bitch, anything else we need to clarify? Scarlett thought to herself. Holding back the urge to say it, she bit down on her lower lip and said, "Of course not dear, I mean, you were going through a rough time, and you didn't know what else to turn to, but now you have me," she put on her fake, pretty smile.

Maria looked over at her, chewing on her lower lip a bit. "Okay," she murmured in her soft, sweet voice, giving the woman a small smile. She pulled her knees up to her chest and sighed, playing with a strand of her hair. "I made a friend here the other day. Her name's Ava," she murmured, smiling a little again at the thought of her only friend here.

Scarlett sat there with her smile, listening to her thinking, oh my gosh, I think this is the first time she's ever had a friend, how pathetic... "That's lovely dear, do you talk to her often?" she asked sounding sweet.

Maria nodded brightly, placing her hands in her lap as she shifted around, sitting cross-legged now. "Yeah, every day," she said happily, "she's really nice."

Scarlett just stared at her, trying to look interested. "Do you two have rooms near each other? Or do you talk in the rec. room?" She crossed her legs trying to resist the urge to get up and go straight to th dean and tell him to move Ava to a new room. Friend? She's not supposed to make friends in this damn place!

"She's in the room across from me, and we do talk there," Maria said, nodding a bit. She tilted her head to the side as she watched the woman. She could sense that she was aggravated without her even saying anything. She could always tell stuff like that somehow. "Erm...am I annoying you or something," she asked, her smile starting to fade into a little frown.

Scarlett uncrossed her legs and put on another one of her decieving smiles, "Of course not dear, you know these raggety old chairs, alsways causing my legs to go numb," she said with a faint laugh. I'll have to talk to the dean after this session without a doubt. She looked up at the clock, there was only 15 min. left.

Maria laughed weakly and nodded, chewing on her lower lip. "Okay," she murmured softly, running a hand through her hair. She looked to the window and sighed. "I'd really like to go outside sometime," she murmured.

Scarlett looked over at the dirty window, "Well, I have to go see the dean for something after this session, I'm sure I can coax him in to allowing us to have our next session outside." That way they can get Ava out of her room for good without you hearing her scream.

Maria smiled and nodded brightly. "That'd be amazing," she squeaked happily, perking up a little bit.

Scarlett looked up at the clock again, "Well, that ends this session. We'll pick up next week where we left off, sound good?" She asked as she faked another smile.

Maria nodded a little and stood up. She straightened out her hospital gown and made her way to the door, her hands laced together in front of her. She walked back to her room and stopped between her and Ava's room, and Ava walked to her doorway. They talked about her session, and Ava's eyes widened when Maria mentioned Scarlett.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is written by both me, Leangel or heroically tragic., and Olivia or Emily Zola. Comments and subscriptions would be adored. <3