Sequel: Warmness On The Soul.
Status: finished

Big Bad Handsome Man

Ten.

Jimmy and I had been watching The Nightmare Before Christmas before the bedroom door opened slowly. I felt my eyes start to water again when Matt walked in, looking down at the floor. Jimmy sent me a small smile before getting up and leaving the room, making sure to pat Matt on the back before he did. I wished he hadn’t left; I needed him here so he would make sure I didn’t make Matt mad again.

“Kara…can I talk to you?” Matt asked sitting at the end of the bed, his back facing me.

I crawled over to the end of the bed, looking at my pajama shorts instead of Matt. Even though Jimmy swore up and down that Matt wasn’t mad at me, I still thought he was. He wouldn’t even look at me right now; he just kept rubbing his hands together.

“I’m sorry I left like that, I just got so mad at-”

“I’m sorry I made you mad Matt, I didn’t mean to I was just curious.” I interrupted; I didn’t want to hear him say he was mad at me.

“What? Who said I was mad at you?” He asked, sounding surprised.

I glanced up at him for a moment, “well… no one… except me.” I answered stumbling along my words.

“Kara… I’m not mad at you, I never was.” He sighed taking one of my smaller hands in his. “I was mad at myself, I have a shitty temper, and I needed to leave before you saw me get mad like that, or before I said something I’d regret.”

I sniffled as a few tears slipped out, I didn’t even know why I was crying right now. That was the most embarrassing part, crying for an unknown reason.

Matt sighed before scooting me onto his lap, winding his thick arms around me. I whimpered slightly, snuggling close to him as I wrapped my arms around his middle. I felt like a foolish little teenage girl, and maybe that’s all I was.

“Don’t cry Kara, I can’t stand to see you crying.” Matt cooed, “come on don’t cry, or I’ll start crying and trust me you don’t want to see that.”

I let out a choked laugh, wiping away at my eyes. “I’m sorry; I don’t even know why I’m crying.” I murmured giving him a small grin.

Matt pressed a kiss to my forehead, “it’s alright Kara. Are you feeling any better?” He asked.

I shook my head, “not really, I’m mostly tired right now and hungry.”

“How about you lay up here and try to sleep and I’ll go make food or something?” He offered poking my side gently.

“No, I want you to stay up here with me.” I demanded. “You’re comfortable, and I sleep better with you in here. Make someone else cook.”

He chuckled, “So demanding let me go tell the guys to order food and I’ll be right back, alright?”

I grinned, “Alright.”

Matt’s POV:

After I had told Jimmy and the guys to order pizza I hurried back up stairs. I felt like shit for just walking out on Kara, and when she started crying I felt even worse. She had asked a simple question, and I let my temper get the best of me. I was going to have to work on that, I didn’t need to scare her off with my temper now.

I opened the bedroom door, and couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight I saw. Kara was completely passed out, snuggling my pillow closer to her chest. I had been barely gone for a few minutes and she had already passed out. I guess she was sicker than I thought.

I walked over to the bed, sliding in before pulling her back against my chest. On reaction she rolled over, snuggling closer before sighing contently. She felt ice cold at first, until I realized she was starting to be covered in a cold sweat. I was worried to say the least, and there wasn’t any way we could risk taking her to a doctor.

“Matt…”

I looked down to find her looking up at me with sleepy eyes, “I thought you were asleep…”

“No, I was waiting for you.” She answered with a yawn. “Don’t leave okay?”

I kissed her forehead, feeling her lips smile against my skin. “I wont, the guys are ordering pizza right now, so it might take a bit to get up here.” I replied rubbing her back. “Is there anything I can do to make you feel better? Like make you tea or some shit like that?”

She laughed quietly, “Just lay here and be warm.” She murmured as her eyes started to droop.

I smiled and rubbed her back, feeling myself start to fall asleep slowly. I really wouldn’t mind getting to hold Kara like this until she went home… but after that, she’d probably hate my guts.

Normal POV:

I was currently bent over a toilet, Jimmy holding my hair as I emptied out the contents of my stomach. I had barely taken a bite of pizza when it felt like I needed to empty out my stomach. So here I was, Jimmy holding my hair while I retched up more stomach acid. I was not enjoying being sick right now; I forgot how horrible it felt to vomit.

I groaned as I sat back, giving Jimmy a thankful smile. “You didn’t need to come hold my hair Jim.”

“Don’t worry about it,” He smiled, “feel better?”

I nodded slowly, “Mhm, my throat sort of burns but I guess that’s normal.” I flushed the toilet, before standing up. My head spun, and for a split second I had to hold onto Jimmy. “I think I might just need to lie down…”

“Do you want me to go get Matt?”

I shook my head, “He needs a break from me,” I smiled, “I can go upstairs by myself, go eat before there’s nothing left.” I smiled patting his arm.

Jimmy gave me a wary glance before nodding and leaving the bathroom. I sighed before leaning down to the sink, turning on the water and getting a mouthful. I swished it around for a bit before spitting it out, glad to have to the taste of vomit out of my mouth.

I walked out of the bathroom, hearing the guys laughing loudly in the living room. Matt was stuck up in the bedroom with me all day, so I wanted to give him a break from me. Val had left to go home and get some things, so I’d be okay alone for awhile. It gave me a chance to get some sleep and not get cold sweat on Matt.

I hurried up the stairs and into the bedroom, shutting the door quietly before walking back over to the bed. I let out a sigh of pleasure as I laid down, snuggling deep into the thick blankets. My head perked up when I heard the bedroom door open, and in strolled Matt frowning.

“I was worried about you.” He mumbled.

I smiled weakly, “sorry Matt, I thought you’d like some time away from me so I didn’t say anything.” I explained as he walked over. “You don’t have to stay up here with me all the time; it has to get boring after awhile.”

He shrugged, “I like it, don’t worry about it Kara.” He sent me a dimpled grin before gripping the bottom of his shirt and pulling it over his head.

I stared at him in awe for a few moments, not sure if my fever had caused me to see things, or if Matt was truly shirtless. Either way I was enjoying the view, and was hoping he wouldn’t put another one. Matt caught me staring clearing his throat as his eyebrow rose.

“Um…”

“I take your staring as a compliment.” He chuckled opening a dresser drawer. “I’m sorry the pizza made you vomit, I should’ve thought to make you soup or something.” He added pulling a shirt over his head.

Damnit.

“Its fine Matt, I’m not that hungry anyway.”

Matt sighed gently as he laid down, pulling me into his side right away. My face felt like it had caught fire, Matt knew how to make me nervous.

“Want to just lay here for awhile than?” He asked rubbing my arm.

“I’d love that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
asdfghjkl;
writers block is a bittch :l
comments really really help :/