Status: Starting Soon But Subscribe :)

We Are an Example of Why Not to Fall in Love

One

Being back in Chicago felt like a breath of fresh air I was back to work and had found a therapist to help me with my personal problems which I had started talking to Jon about on Skype that’s how we spent most of our free time talking to each other either on the phone, texting or on Skype and I had really missed him it have been a month and a half and he was about to be back in Chicago next week to start working with the team from preseason and I was very excited to see him again, or so I thought.

I had just gotten home from work and was checking the mail when my heart stopped I had received a large envelope from UBC and I knew what it meant I had been accepted. Let’s rewind to before I had went to Las Vegas for the NHL and I had a my major breakdown about a week before I left I had sent in a late application for the UBC fall 2011 semester and I was so excited to have been accepted. Don’t get me wrong I love being a makeup artist but I felt like I wasn’t good enough to make it any farther then working at a store. I would probably never get to work at a fashion week and I was now okay with that I now would rather work on pursing the dream I’ve had since I was a little girl which was to be a journalist.

The first thing I did when I got back into my apartment was call Jon to tell him the news.

“Hey Becca.” I hear him say after the first ring.

“I GOT IN I GOT IN!.” I scream into the air because I had the phone on speaker phone.

“You got into where?” He asks.

“UBC!” I yell.

“Becca that’s amazing.” He says.

“I know I’m so excited.” I say.

“Well when do you start?” He asks.

“September 1st.” I say.

“So soon?” He asks with a sad tone in his voice.

“I know it’s so soon but I’ll come visit as on every break. “ I say.

“ I know Becca, it’s just I’ve already been apart from you for over a month I don’t think I could do that for the next 4 years.” He says.

“What are you saying?” I ask.

“I don’t know if you going away from school is going to be the best thing for us.” He says.

“Are you saying I shouldn’t go to school?” I ask.

“Well can’t you go to school closer to Chicago?” He asks.

“Jon I applied to a ton of schools and I didn’t get into any around Chicago.” I say.

“Well can’t you try again?” He asks in a slightly pissed off tone.

“Jon, I’m not getting into this can’t you just be happy for me, I’m finally working my life you making it so we have a better future and your pissed off because I’m not going to be living in Chicago when your hardly ever home during the season.” I say.

“If that’s how you feel then maybe we should just take a break and I’ll let you do what you want wherever you want because you clearly don’t want to be in Chicago anymore.” He says.

“Jon you can’t be saying this, of course I want to be in Chicago and I don’t want to take a break I love you, you’re making this to be something worse than it is.” I scream into the phone.

“I’m done with this Becca have a good time in Vancouver.” He says before hanging up the phone and not answering the five million times that I called back.

I spend the next week packing all the things I would need in Vancouver I didn’t have to worry about my apartment here in Chicago because my best friend here in Chicago Seth was going to be living in it and paying me rent while I was away.

I still hadn’t been able to get ahold of Jon and now every time I called his phone it would go straight to voicemail, I still wore my ring on my finger except I wore it with the diamond facing down so nobody could see the rock on my finger and every time I would look at it tears would form in my eyes.

Going to therapy was probably the only reason I was still breathing because I wasn’t going to lie I was a wreck having Jon cut me out of his life. My therapist had found me and new one in Vancouver which made me happy because I would most defiantly need on while I was in Vancouver.

Before I moved to Vancouver I had managed to find a job as an assistant for Derek Jory who was one of the press people for the Vancouver Canucks and I wasn’t going to life I was excited I would get to go to every home Canucks game this season and for as long as I had a job and I just had to mange my life without Jonathan Toews in it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is kinda crappy but I wanted to post the first part.
I'm now going back to watching HSN and QVC which is how I've been spending my summer so far. haha

but enjoy I'll update sometime tomorrow maybe.
:)