Status: active :)

All's Good With Love and Baseball

Chapter 2

When I woke up it seemed to be extremely bright. I sat up and looked around someone had come in turned all my lights on and left. I turned and looked at the little silver alarm clock it was 7:50. I flopped back down on to the pillows. Ugh that was the end of sleeping for me once I was up there was nlo way I could fal asleep again. I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen. Ty was sitting at the table with a plate full of pancakes, bacon, sausage, and a bowl of cereal on the side. " Got enough food Ty?" he turned to look at me he still had bed head hair. " Oh good your up. We have the early game so I was told to wake you up. Mom and dad said to order room service and we leave in one hour."
"Great anything else I should know?"
" Oh and Aarin stopped by this morning."
" God he knows what room I'm in! Did you tell him?", he shook his head no, I raised my hands in exasperation ," What did he seriously go up to the front desk and ask? He is a creepy stalker and I wish I'd never met him. Why was her here?"
" He wanted to tell you good morning and he wanted to know if you wanted to eat breakfast with him."
"NEVER!" I shouted.
" Calm down I told him that you had already had breakfast and he left." he shook his head laughing. " Are you really laughing at my misfortune?" I questioned.
"No I'm laughing at how stupid my friend is."
" Well someone needs to tell him that." He nodded in agreement. I went back to my room to get dressed for the day. I decided taking a shower would be stupid since I was going to get hot and sweaty. I threw my hair in a ponytail and put on my halter top floral sundress and grabbed my black strappy sandals and walked to where my phone laid on the bed side table. I dropped in my purse threw it over my shoulder and went to the breakfast table. Tyler had gone to change and half of his breakfast was sitting there uneaten. I sat down and ate what he wouldn't five minutes later he came out in his gold and purple jersey and white baseball pants with purple piping down the side. " Ready?"
"Yup let's go kick butt." I laughed and we walked out to the bus. We got on the bus Ty sat next to me again. I opened my book and started reading. Suddenly the book was out of my hands. "Hey Tay," Ugh it was Aarin he was holding my book. "I came by to take you to breakfast this morning but Ty said you had already eaten, but if you want there's always lunch."
I turned to glare at Tyler, he was trying really hard to hold his laughter in but lots of giggles were escaping. I turned back to look at Aarin, I grabbed at my book but he pulled it out of the way," You don't get the book back until I get an answer."
"Ok fine you want an answer I can't I have plans." He frowned and dropped the book in my lap. he turned and sat back down in his seat. I turned to look at Tyler," Ugh how does he not get the signals." I whispered. Tyler shrugged and put on his Ipod, this was his pre-game ritual he listened to crappy heavy metal music to get him pumped up. It took us 15 minutes to get to the baseball park. My imaginings of the park were dingy and rundown, but I couldnt have been more wrong. The park was shining it was so clean it practically glittered. I walked with the team to field 4 where the other team was already warming up. That was where I saw him. At first All I could see was the side of his face. His auburn colored hair hung across the middle of his forehead and bareley touched the collar og his jersey. Suddenly he looked up and I saw his face. He had the prettiest blue eyes, framed by thick eyelashes . His mouth parted in a big smile, his teethe were an amazing white against his perfectly tan skin. He was on the opposing team and was dressed in a blue and yellow jersey with white pants. He looked up and saw me gaping, I could feel the blush rising in my cheeks, but he waved and gave me an even bigger smile. Then he grabbed his white hat and glove and ran out to take the mound for warmups. He looked up at me again and started his windup. He took a step back so that his feet were together. He pulled his knee up to his chest kicked his leg out and thrust it frorward. As his foot landed he launched the ball from his hand. When he released the ball the muscles in his arms bulged under the tight royal blue fabric. When the ball slammed into the catchers glove I was forced back into reality . He looked at me with a smug smile as if to say "How was that?" and returned to the top of the mound. I turned embarassed, he had caught me staring.....No gaping at him, but wait he didnt seem bothered by it so why should I be. I shouldnt be, I decided and went to find Ty. When I found him he was warming up pitchers. I told him good luck and went to sit in the stands. The whole rest of the game we kept stealing looks at each other. By the end of the game I had completely memorized his face. I couldn't tell you who won the game or what either of the scores were. Afterwords we walked and I saw him walking my way, when he walked up to me and Ty I looked back at Ty. He rolled his eyes and walked back to the bus. I turned to look at the gorgeous face, he was standing closer than I thought he would be. He was about 5 feet in front of me. He stretched his hand out," Hi I thought I should introduce myself. I' m Caleb Hickorey."
"Oh um hi I'm Taylor Pricket." I reached my hand out to take his. His touch sent amn electric shock through my body and I almost jumped at the touch. " Nice to meet you."
"Ya it's very nice to meet you," I felt the blush coming on."SO do you want to hang out sometime?"
"Yes definatley." I blurted out, without thinking. He laughed," Here let's trade numbers and I'll let you get back to your boyfriend."
I felt a puzzled look come across my face." What boyfriend? I'm single."
He raised as eyebrow, " Who was the guy that just walked away when I came toward you."
" Oh your talking about Ty. Oh thats my twin brother! Not my boyfriend!"
" Oh well thats good. So heres my number. What's yours?" He handed me a slip of paper with numbers on it. I rumaged through my purse and found a pen and paper and jotted my number down. I handed him the paper. " I'll talk to you soon." He smiled and walked back to the team. I did the same I tucked the piece of paper in my pocket and I was at the bus. Aarin came up to me, "Who was that?"he questioned with accusing eyes.
" Nobody."
"It didnt look like nobody."
" Well it's not exactly something that involves you so I guess you dont really need to know." I walked past him onto the bus and took a seat next to Ty. He turned to look at me with questioning eyes. " Do I want to know?"
"Probably not." I smiled. I dug my phone out of my purse and grabbed the piece of paper. I entered the phone number and saved it under "Caleb <3!!!!". I turned to Tyler,"If you gave a girl your number and you left and she like immediatley texted you would you freak?" He turned from looking out the window to looking at me. His face was serious, "Did I leave or did she leave or was it mutual."
"Mutual."
He rubbed his chin, " I wouldnt be freaked."
"Good." I picked up my phone and texted Caleb: Hey!
Caleb: Wats up?
Me: Ummmm riding back to the hotel.
Caleb: Where r u from?
Me: Little Rock, AR. U?
Caleb:I'm from Omaha
Me: Maybe you can show me the city sometime.
Caleb: Ya I wud luv to do tht
Me: Name the time and place and I'll b there
Caleb: How about tomorow at 7 I'll pick u up. Where are you staying?
Me: the Rodewood suites and condos
Caleb: I have to go but I will b there cant wait
Me: me niether bye
I closed my phone and dropped it in my purse. I sat ack in the seat and the bus stopped and we were at the hotel. Ty and I got up and walked back to the room. We both went in to change out of our clothes. When I was done I went and knocked on Ty's door."Hey give me your uniform and I'll wash it."
"I can do my own laundry."
"Ya sure you can just let me do this."
"Thats probably a good idea." he laughed as he cracked the door open and threw his uniform at me."Thanks."
"Your welcome" I said just as he shut the door. "Hey what do you want to do for lunch, I need plans so I didnt lie to Aarin."
He laughed out loud," So you are the cause of his misery! I have to know what did you say to him?"
"Well I was talking to Caleb, the guy I met, and I walked back to the bus and he started questioning me. 'Who is that?' I told him nobody. 'It didnt look like nobody.' and I told him well I guess thats not something that involves you so you dont need to know. And that was our whole conversation."
"Harsh sis," he said through the door.
"Well I hope he finally got the message. What he's liked me since he was a freshman and how long have I been trying to get him to take a hint? Since we were freshmen? I mean seriously? He is either really oblivious, really stupid, or extremely determined."
" I think its a little bit of everything"
"Probably but Im leaning towards the really stupid." He laughed again as he stepped out of his room. "So what are we doing for lunch?" I asked.
"I'm thinking room service. That ok with you?"
"Ya it will keep me away from Aarin."
"Here's the menu." he handed me a folded piece of paper that a picture of a burger on the front. In bug green letters on the top it read "Menu". I went to want I always get when I am stressed or upset or anything wierd my comfort food. "Burger with everything french fries and a large chocolate shake."
"Why am I not suprised." He lauged
"Its my go to food and its not like its gross unlike yours. I mean onion and sardine pizza. What could be more nasty?"
"touche. Hand me the phone and I'll order." I picked up the little black phone from the charging station on the couche's side table and handed him the phone. he dialed and ordered the food, " So should we start where we left off in our movie marathon?" he asked just as someone knocked on the door. "Look through the peep hole and tell me who it is." he walked over to the door and looked through the tiny little whole. "Your good its room service." I breathed a sigh of relief. "You think maybe he got the message?"
"I have no idea but he's been at it for almost four years and he still hasnt gotten the message but you never know." he laughed and handed me a silver plate that was covered in tin foil. I set it on my lap and grabbed for my milkshake as he handed it to me.I took a long sip. The coolness of the ice cream felt good running down my throat n the hot day. I set my milkshake down and unwrapped my plate. The burger was amazing possibly one of the best burgers ive had in my life. Instead of putting the cheese on top of the burger the cheese was put in between two patties so when you bit into it, it oozed cheese. I scarfed it down I had no idea how hungry I was until I started eating . The food was good but I ate so fast I barley tasted it. I looked over at Tyler who was staring at me. "What?" I asked.
"Your eating like you just got home from fat camp."
"Well sorry that I havent eaten since like 5 yestarday." I stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled,"So this is the last movie of our marathon, so what will we do to keep you busy so you didn't lie to Aarin?"
"Um I think I have and idea," I raised my eyebrows at him.
"Should I be scared?"
"Probably." He laughed even harder and we watched the movie, well he watched the movie I couldn't stop thinking about Caleb and our date tomorrow night. It was going to be amazing. absolutley perfect, then I thought of something I hadn't yet. Crap! What was I going to tell Aarin so he wouldn't like follow me or something. He was creepy enough to do this in fact he had already done it. One time sophmore year I had told him that I was going to dinner with Tyler before I left on the Spring Break trip without him and he didn't believe me and I was actually telling the truth this time, so he followed us to the restraunt and I saw him in the car behind us and it ruined our night. I looked at Tyler,"Hey I am going to go on a date with that guy Caleb I met at the game tomorow night will you cover for me with Aarin like tell him I'm sick or something?"
He looked at me sceptically, "Why?"
"Am I the only one that remembers last spring break?"
"Oh yeah, I forgot, and we will talk about this after the movie's over." I rolled my eyes,"Yes father dearest," I said in my best sarcastic voice. He looked at me and laughed. Now that, that was out in the open I could enjoy the movie. When the movie was over he got up and came and sat next to me. "So, you said you knew what we were going to do after the movie was over."
"I do, but first I have to go talk to mom and dad and get the car."
"Sure thing. I'll stay here."
I nodded and walked out into the hallway. WHen I got to my parents room Jack was back in his room and all the adults were drinking and watching the unrated version of the Hangover. I walked over to where my mom was with Aarin's mom. "Hey mom," I asked,"Can I talk to you in private?"
"Sure sweetie."She walked over into the kitchen area. "What do you need?"
"Well first of all I'm going on a date with this guy I met at the baseball park. He's from Omaha and he seems really nice. And then Ty and I need the car."
"Oh that's great I'm so happy for you! SO why do you and Ty need the car?"
"Well don't tell Ty but we r going to the mall to get an outfit for my date tomorow."
"Do you wsant to use my card?" She went and got her purse and pulled out the shiny black mastercard. "Take it, yes I'm sure now go have fun" I hugged her,"Thanks mom!" I ran out of the room and barged through our room. "Come on Ty."I breathed.
"WHere are we going?"
"Yet again I will say that its a surprise."He grunted and we both walked out to the car. When we got in he asked if we could play 20 queswtions to see if he could guess where we were going. I knew he wasnt going to be able to and I was proven correct. "The mall?" Caleb questioned, "Why the hell are we at the mall?"
I parked the car and turned in my seat to look at him. "Give me a second and I will tell you." I whipped out my phone:
Me: Hey Caleb! I was wondering what exactly are we doing tomorow?
Caleb:It's a secret...
Me: Well can u tell me whether I need to where a dress or jeans?
Caleb: Whatever you want
Me: Jeans.. I will see you tomorow cant wait
Caleb:Same here
I put the phone in my purse and looked at Ty. "Please, please, please do this for me I really need your help."
"What?"
"Well I did not bring one cute shirt in my suitcase hard to believe since I had to bring two giant suitcases, but I didnt. So will you come with me to get a pair of skinny jeans and a top. I just need a guys opinion."
"Fine" he said and got out of the car. I got out of the car and ran around to give him a hug,"You are the best brother ever!"
"Yes, yes I am." we laughed and walked in to the mall. Where to start I had no idea what stores they had here. I looked at the map. Thank God! They had a Gap, ( you might not know this but they have the best skinny jeans they make me look 2 sizes smaller). I turned to Caleb,"First jeans," we walked into Gap. The only problem I had with the store was the smell. You know how most stores sell cologue and perfumes so the stores smell like a mixture of the 2 fragrences. Well Gap's fragrences dont match and so they make an unpleasent smell. I went straight to the skinny jeans and found a size 8. We walked back to dressing rooms and I told Ty to sit in the chair right across from the room. I went in and took of my Soffees and slipped the jeans on. Perfect fit! I opened the door and walked out. Tys eyes got really wide. "What?" I asked now self-conscious.
He shook his head,"Nothing, it's just that.. you look hot." I blushed. was that wrong for your brother to say that. I didnt know and I didnt care. I went back in changed into my Soffees and went back out. I went up to the cashier and put the jeans infront of her. I set my purse down on the counter as well and pulled out the little black credit card along with my Gap rewards card. The lady took both and scanned them. She gaver them back to me along with the bag my jeans were in. We walked out and Ty held out his hand for my bag I gave it to him."Thanks"
"No problem, where to next?" he asked.
"Um lets try Indigo."
"Sure thing."
We took the elevator to the third floor and walked into the store. I saw the shirt it was the shirt, the perfect shirt. It was a faded purple shirt that was one shouldered. It was drapped across the top and right next to the stand with the shirt was a chunky gold necklaces. It was the outfit. I went right up to it and found my size 8 and one of the necklaces and went to the dressing rooms. Ty followed me and sat down in a chair again. I went and tried on everything the shirt, the necklace, and the jeans. I walked out again,"Damn!" I heard Ty exclaim. I was looking at the floor, and I felt the blush. I looked up, "Really?"
"Totally, but the thing is would dad approve of me if I let you wear something so sexy." I pushed him,"Really it really looks good?"
"Absolutley." I jumped. I ran into my dressing room and changed. I came back out and paid again and then I thought about shoes then remebered I brought my purple heels for church. Ooooo today was going great! By the time we got out of the mall it was dark and Tyler was hungry. Big shocker there! Not Tyler's always hungery. We stopped at Chili's on the way home and ate afterwords we went back to the hotel. When we go inside we went into our bedrooms. I threw my bags on the bed and went to get my laptop out of my purse. I had to talk to Lissa about everything! I opened it up and logged onto Skype she was on, yes! I video called her, and her picture appeared on the screen. "Hey Lissa! I have something to tell you its pretty amazing!"
"Well do tell" I heard her voice say.
"Ok well yestarday at the baseball game the pitcher on the other team was about the hottest guy I've ever seen in my entire life! After the game he came up and told me that he had to come talk to me so that he could talk to the prettiest girl in the state and then he asked for my number and then later he asked me on a date! Isn't that so exciting!"
"Oh my GOD!!!" she squealed with me, "So what are you wearing?"
"Well Ty and I just got back from the mall getting my outfit. Do you wanna see?"
"What kind of question is that? Do I wanna see? Hell Yes! I wanna see!"
"Ok I'll go change." I went over grabbed the two sacks and walked into my bathroom. I changed yet again into the outfit and walked back into the room. When I came back in Ty was lying across my bed talking to Lissa. He was so different when he talked to her he showed emotions like love and it was just creepy. Oh well at least they were both happy.I came back in and Ty looked at me and then back at the comoputer."I now present my sexy sister." he said with a mocking edge in his voice. He lifted the computer so that she could see me." You were right Ty she looks absolutley amazing! Tay I LOVE IT! Oh Im so happy for you."
Ty set the computer back on the edge of my bed and said "hey Lissa Tay can calll you back in like a minute butI need to talk to her k."
"Ok!" Lissa said and the connection went dead. "What do you need to talk to me about?"
"Well I kind of wanted to have a party over here with the guys ."
"Ya sure! You dont have to ask me Ty"
"Well I know it just feels right because this is your room after all" I nodded in agreement,"They'll be here anyminute."
"K and Ty Im cool with the party being at my house but absolutley no alchohal. I know you dont drink it but there are some guys that do."
"Got it sis." He walked out and shut the door behind him. I went and locked it behind him. I went back to the computer and called Lissa again. "Hello best friend o' mine" she greeted me and I started to laugh. Didn't matter what she says I laugh. "So what was that about?"
"Um Ty wanted to ask me if it would be ok if he had a party over here with the team. I said it was."
"Coolio." We talked for about thirty minutes about non-important stuff and she had to leave for a volley ball workout again. I was hungry or thirsty I couldn't tell but I know I needed something in my mouth. So I turned the knob and walked into the living room where all the boys were seated. Talking about some stupid perverted joke. I could tel because when I looked at Ty his cheeks were red, which is how he got when someone was being perverted. It pissed him off when I had asked him why he said that he just looks at it from the stand point of a family of the girl they are objectifying. Like it was me. I thought that was sweet. When I closed the door behind me it made a noise and they all turned to look and see who it was. Usually in this situation they just turned and went back to the conversation, but this time they all just stayed looking at me. I walked into the kitchen and could feel theirs on my back, I started feeling self concious and I looked down at the floor. Then I realized I'd never changed out of my outfit for tomorow night. Someone whistled and then there was a smack. "What'd you do that for man!" It was Isacc. "Thats my sister jackass." Tyler replied in a hushed tone. I decided that while I was out I might as well have some fun. I got a glass of water and walked over to the couch. "Mind if I join you boys?"
"No not at all" Isacc said. I sat down next to Tyler on the arm of the couch. Aarin had moved over so I could sit next to him but there was no way I would. Tyler whispered in my ear, "What the hell are you doing?"
"Having some fun."
"Well be careful and think about what you do before you do it."
'Sure." I said just to calm him down. We talked and I didn't say much. Soon I got bored and I got up and started walking towards my room, when Issac said, "DO you need someone to tuck you in because if you want I would be happy to do that." I turned to look at Ty who looked like he was about to kill him. I looked at Isacc and said two simple words, "Fuck off." And walked into my room. When I shut the doors I heard the boys "Oooooos" I laughed he deserved it and I proved to Tyler that I knew how to take care of myself. I changed into my t-shirt and sweats and got into bed I decided to try to write again. So I picked up my laptop and set it on my lap I opened it up and stared at the blank word document. I thought of so many ideas but when I started to really think about them I realized that they were someone else's ideas. It was kind of annoying. So I decided until I figured out what story I wanted to write I would just write a journal. I mean from how things were it looked like it was going to be an interesting 3 weeks. So I got writing on just today. When I was done I saved the document and shut my computer on. I got my Ipod out and but on my audiobook of "Breaking Dawn" it always helped me sleep. I put it on the noghtstand and put my head on the pillow. I went to sleep fast and when I opened my eyes it was daylight again. Today was the kind of day that things would go great amazing even or they were going to fall apart and it would end up with me alone crying in my room. So when I got dressed I really didnt know what to do with the whole good mood or bad mood thing, I decided to be in an iffy mood. I went to the first game and we won so that went good so I was now in a positive mood and I wanted it to stay that way. When we went out to eat breakfast with the team afterwords Aarin was at the opposite end of the table so he couldnt annoy me which was excellent and I got the best breakfast known to man, chocolate chip pancakes with strawberry suryp and hashbrowns. Perfect way to start your day. When we went back to the hotel I decided to text Caleb I sent him a simple hi with a smiley face. He didnt respond but I figured he was just at a baseball game or whatever. It didn't matter all that mattered is that tonight went well. I thought about the things that I could do to get ready for tonight. I looked down at my hands and feet and realized my nail polish was chipped, so mani/pedis were definatley on the list. I also needed to take a shower and do my hair and god knows how long that would take. I decided to go ahead and get my nails done. When I got back my figernails were a shiny magenta and my toes were a glossy purple/black. I took a shower and went to sit on the bed. I got on computer to see if Lissa was on so I could Skype her, but she wasnt. So I decided to go do my hair. After it was blow dried I couldnt figure out whether to wear it curly or straight. I decided to curl it and if I didnt like it I'd straighten it. When I curled it it hung at my collar bone with little spirals on the ends. I loved it it would go perfect with my outfit. Then I got dressed I went and put my makeup on and walked out into the living room. I turned to Tyler and asked "How do I look"
"Good."
"Really? You're sure?"
"Ya you look hot actually." I squealed with delight.
"What time is it?" I asked he looked at his watch.
"It's 6:45." I nodded and went to get my phone. I picked up my phone it read "1 New TextMessage." Iclicked the open button and it was from Caleb. "Im right out front come out when your ready I'm in the blue pickup truck."
I grabbed my purse threw it over my shoulder and walked out the door.
I decided to stop by my parents room just to remind them that I wasn’t going to be in my room. Well it was obvious to me that the devil was picking lon me when there in the hallway was Aarin walking toward my room. “Taylor!” he called and ran to meet her halfway. “ So you did get my message! I was afraid you would stand me up.”
“Um, Aarin, what are you talking about?”
“I, uh, I called your room and left a message. I wanted to take you to dinner to make up for making you mad.”
“Well, Aarin, I’m sorry but I’m not going to dinner with you.”
His face fell, “Then why are you all dressed up?”
“Because I am going on a date, just not with you. I’m really sorry Aarin but I don’t feel that way about you.”
“Ok,” he turned and walked off. I guess I should have felt guilty, but I didn’t. Does that make me cruel? I mean I tried to let him down easy, he just wouldn’t listen. Oh well, that part was over and now I was going to focus on making this the best night ever. I walked to the elevator, not even bothering to see my parents and went to Caleb.