‹ Prequel: Shooting Stars
Status: working on it

Rookie

Moving In

A month later we moved into our dream house. Corey negotiated a great deal for the house and most of the furniture too. We only had to buy a few knick knacks to make it feel more like home. We then invited the team for a weekend party. A few agreed to come up.

Among those to attend were Jon and Jackie, they stayed in the basement bedroom; Abby and Patrick with the kids; Kaner; and Seabrook. Everyone came and had a great time swimming and barbequing, it was picture perfect.

The rest of the summer passed too quickly. Corey’s day with the Cup came and went before it was my turn. I brought it to my hometown that I hadn’t been to since my parents died. All my school friends cheered me on and congratulated me. I was the biggest thing to come from our small town and they all knew it. I then took it to my aunt and uncle’s so I could thank them for bringing me to the game that night two and a half years ago that got me to where I am today. And that was the last day of summer vacation. Corey, Ava, and I made our way back to Chicago where we held the first team get together of the year to welcome newbie’s and rekindle the Hawk magic.

“Babe, where’s my jersey?” I heard Corey question before our pre-game nap.

“I put it in your bag already,” I told him as he entered our bedroom.

“If it wasn’t game day, things would be very different right now.”

“Oh yeah?” was my seductive reply. He looked torn. He didn’t know whether to make sweet, passionate love to me or take our ritual pre-game nap.

“You know we can’t waste our energy now,” he licked his lips as I did the same.

“Fine, but you owe me one. And I’ll remember that, Mr. Crawford.”

“Be my Mrs. Crawford,” he said as he stalked over, possessively.

“After the most amazing summer of my life, that’s my proposal? I thought you loved me?” he stroked my cheek.

“Aw, shit baby. I guess you deserve better. Don’t worry, I owe you, but only if you promise to say yes.”

“Did you not hear ‘most amazing summer of my life’ or the fact that you got me pregnant after one time of being together? You’re my one and only, babe. Nothing will change that. But I deserve a proper proposal.”

“And you’ll get one, I promise. But by this time next year, I want you to be Mrs. Crawford.”

“I can agree to that,” and he finally kissed me. It was passionate, but we stopped before it got too far. So we instead took our nap with me wrapped in his arms the entire time.

And Corey sure did make it up to me. Over Christmas vacation, after I turned twenty, we celebrated with Ava and Corey’s parents by them and then we left Ava with them for the rest of the weekend. We went to our home in Quebec and he proposed for real. He decorated our room with rose petals and there was champagne and a ring. The ring, Jackie told him I would love. And I did love it; I loved the ring almost as much as I loved my family. It was an amethyst ring with diamonds surrounding it. It was perfect, just like Corey, and Ava, and our house. Our weekend went beautifully and we took Ava back to Chicago just in time for our before game practice the week of New Years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ava
the Mustang
The Perfect House
The Ring

The next one is the last one!!!