Status: all done :)

Dirty Laundry

''Yeah that's Miri''

''Thanks for lunch it was great'' I sat next to Smith on the couch ''You don't have to thank me'' he put his arm around my waist pulling me against him. ''Still it was good'' ''I'm glad you liked it'' he burried his head in my hair as he flipped through the channels. It settled into a comfortable silence as we watched some random show about World War Two. It seemed he liked the History Channel. His phone started ringing and almost vibrated off the coffee table. He grumbled incoherently then held it out to me.

''Tell them I'm in the shower or somthing'' he pleaded. I took the phone flipping it open ''Hello?'' I asked softly. ''Who the fuck are you?'' an angry female voice growled. ''Who the fuck are you'' I asked back. ''Bitch where the fuck is Smith?''

''Oh hold the fucking phone..bitch? who the fuck are you calling bitch? bitch'' I said surprised. ''Bitch don't play with me-'' ''No no no..take a kinder tone and then mabe I'll help you out get a fucking attitude check then call me back when you're not some ignorant little bitch who doesn't know how to talk and deal with people over the phone'' I hung up wide eyed. Smith laughed.

''That was probably Miri'' ''Who's Miri?'' ''My boss, Matt's mother'' ''Oh shit..I'm sorry'' ''Don't be she can be a grizzly but you handled it pretty well'' he shrugged. The phone rang again and I
flipped it open ''Hello?'' I asked a bit anoyed. ''..Where is Smith?'' the peeved woman's voice asked on the phone. ''..Miri?'' I asked jerking her chain ''Yes'' she hissed. ''Miri who?''
''Miri- give Smith the fucking phone'' she growled. ''That's not very polite..or lady like'' I rolled my eyes. ''..Bite-'' ''Uh uh'' I stopped her. She took a deep calming breath.

''Woman..please..put Smith on the phone..now'' she was on the verge of cussing me out.
''..Why?'' I asked smiling mischiviously. ''Because'' ''Because why?'' I rolled my eyes.
''Who is this?'' ''Who is this?'' ''Who are you?'' she asked even angrier ''Who are you?'' I shook my head like WTF. ''I'm going to ask nicely one more time..put Smith on the phone''

''Lady if thas nicely then I dont want to hear rudely..call me back when you can smile when you talk'' I hung up. Smith was cracking up ''You really shouldn't mes with her like that she's an evil bitch when she wants to be and she likes getting even'' ''Thats fine I know the rules to that game'' I shrugged. The phone rang again and I smiled.

''..May I please speak with Smith?'' she asked lightly. I knew she was probably ready to shoot me through the phone. I put my hand over the reciver ''Are you in?'' I asked. He chuckled nodding. ''He'll be with you in one moment..see was that too hard to do?'' ''Who are you?'' ''I don't know, who am i?'' ''Don't play with me'' ''I'm not'' ''Woman-'' ''Sheesh grow a friggin personality and get that fifty foot pole that's stuck up your ass out and live a friggin life. You sound so friggin miserable would it kill you to smile and be polite?'' I gave the phone to Smith. ''Smith'' he said gruffly as he stood up and walked off probably to his office. I flipped through the channels but half way through the show I fell asleep. I woke up to kyle crying on the monitor. I sat up streatching but before I could even get off the couch Smith was getting him.

I could hear him talking to Kyle and I sat back and smiled. It was really cute. I looked at the time and groaned. I was alseep for about two hours. I got up and made a bottle for Kyle. Smith insisted on feeding him so I went back downstairs to cook dinner. Smith came down with Kyle laying him in the carseat. He came up behind me laying his head on my shoulder ''Landon is coming over..he's got to pick up some files'' ''OK'' I nodded. ''You don't have a problem with that?'' ''No of course not he's nice'' ''Yeah OK'' he snorted. ''Well he's nice to me'' I shrugged with a giggle.

''Thats because he knows he can't manipulate you into sleeping with him'' ''Thats horrible''
''Well he's a womanizer'' ''He's not my type anyway'' I snorted. ''Landon doesn't care, he just won't touch you because of me'' ''Good he's too brotherly for me to ever consider him'' ''What about me?'' ''You're my type'' ''How?'' ''Don't know..I just think your sweet, a little shy at times but confident, sensitive, it's kind of sexy'' I winked over my shoulder at him. ''I'm not shy'' he snorted. ''Sometimes you are'' I shrugged. ''But I do wish you'd smile more, you have a nice smile, dimples and all'' I sighed. He kissed my cheek ''I only smile around you isn't that enough?'' ''Yes, I'm just saying you have a very charming smile can't I compliment you?'' ''I thought compliments were only for women'' ''No sweetie they're for everyone'' I chuckled as I turned to face him. I put my hands on his forearms as his hands settled on my back. ''I'm surprised no one has ever told you you were handsome'' I shrugged. ''..I think I scare people too much'' ''You don't scare me'' I pointed out.

''Why? how is it that you know exactly what I am, what I do and you're the least afraid of me'' ''Simple, I accept it and im familiar with it'' I shrugged with a smile. ''How can you accept it?'' ''Because, I just do, it's hard to explain. I really don't mind unless you bring your work home, the last thing I want to see is a dead body'' I crinkled my nose. ''I actually call a clean up crew for that'' he shrugged. ''Wow so things like that really exist?'' ''Yeah, it's not as glamorous as the movies portray though. Being an assassin is lonely and we always have to keep up secrets and aliases, we're always lying and betraying everyone around us. And the nightmares, the nightmares could drive a sane man insanse'' he sighed with blank eyes. I cupped his cheek ''You're not lonely anymore Smith..you know I'm right here, and I know everyhting you don't have to hide or lie or keep up an appearence I'm absolutely comfortable with everything, as odd as it may sound, but I am''
I smiled encouraging.

I lifted on my tiptoes and pecked his lips. It musn't have been enough because he leaned in kissing me fully. I used to think kissing was a discusting action, swapping spit didn't appeal to me, I was never fond of being so close to a person either but now I think it's fun. It's amazing how someone's opinion can change. We turned suddenly as we heard someones throat clear. Smith immidietly pulled a gun aiming it at Landon who stood in the archway of the kitchen ''Front door was unlocked'' he had a big smirk as he pointed to the livingroom. I grabbed Smith's hand pointing it down away from Landon then quickly occupied myself with the homemade marinera sauce I was making for the spaghetti. ''Dinner will be done soon'' I squeeked a bit embarrased that Landon caught us. I didn't miss the glare on Smith's face, he wasn't the kind of person who appreciated that kind of attention. ''Wipe the smirk off your face before I shoot it off'' he growled at Landon ''I'm not doing anyhting'' Landon snorted holding up a bag ''But I brought dessert'' ''That's kind of you thankyou'' he handed the bag to me and I took out the store bought cheesecake and put it in the fridge. ''At least someone's hospitable..unlike another person I know'' he narrowed his eyes mockingly at Smith. ''OK play nice'' I smacked the back of his head. ''We'll be in my office'' Smith sighed turning to Kyle and taking him out of the carseat. ''What are you doing?'' I raised a brow ''I need my hands full or I'll kill him'' ''Leave my son out of it'' I growled.

His lips twitched and he kissed my cheek ''I'd never hurt him'' he whispered with a chuckle ''He better be in one piece when I see him'' ''He will, calm down mama bear''
''OK'' I nodded trusting him. ''I'll even change his diaper'' he kissed me again then turned and walked out with Landon. I rolled my eyes. Adding some bayleaves and basil in my sauce I finished it up and started boiling the spaghetti as it simmered. I added just a little olive oil to the boiling salted water so that the noodles wouldn't stick together and it always gave a good flavor.

I made garlic bread and homemade lemonade to go with it. I was just about to call them down when a knock on the door made me pause. I went to the front door and looked in the little monitor. Smith had a peculiar way of looking through the peephole, there was a hidden camera that looked out at the people and a small monitor by the door to look at them. It was a woman.

An older blond woman with high cheekbones and what seemed to be a perminant scowl on her face. ''Can I help you?'' I opend the door and smiled politely at her. She narrowed her gaze on me looking me up and down.

I felt like shrinking away at her scrutiny. It was very disconcerting. She chewed on the inside of her lip then pushed passed me. ''Excuse me'' I grabbed her arm wide eyed. ''Where is Smith?'' I knew that shrill peeved woman's voice anywhere. Miri. ''He's busy at the moment in his office'' ''Tell him-'' ''Please sit, I'll go get him'' I pointed to the couch. She removed white golves from her hands and shrugged off her coat to reveal a kaki pantsuit. But it struck me as odd that she was wearing such a coat in July. ''Who are you exactly?'' she raised a brow at me.

''..His girlfriend'' I said after a moment of pause. She twisted her lips disaproving then waved me off ''Don't just stand there I haven't all day'' Cerberus growled as he trotted to me from the kitchen. I grabbed his collar and put him in the bathroom downstairs. Cerberus started barking and I was surprised at his behavior. ''Damn dog'' I heard Miri grumble as she pulled out compressed makeup and patted her face. I went upstairs and knocked on Smith's door. ''Come in'' he said softly. I opend the door and pointed over my shoulder ''Miri is here, and dinner is done''

''What?'' ''Miri, downstairs'' I nodded. ''What she is doing here?'' he stood up. I shrugged. ''I don't know but she's being rude'' I grumbled. Landon chuckled nodding ''Yeah that's Miri''
♠ ♠ ♠
woohoo found some time <3 so here it is hope ya'll enjoy ^.^ thx for reading you guys are awesome!!!