Status: all done :)

Dirty Laundry

''Fine''

Since there weren’t a lot of breakfast places in Yorktown we settled for McDonalds. Even if it is a grease trap but if you smother their hash browns in ketchup enough you can’t even taste the grease. Anyway.

We dropped Lina off then went to Virginia Beach. Sure the water wasn’t as clear as the gulf coast that I was used to but it was nice enough. We explored the aquarium with Landon but I knew they wouldn’t last. He wasn’t very serious with her. I felt a bit sorry for the girl I had half a mind to tell her she might as well break up with him now. Oh well.

We ordered a pizza and ate on the beach. It was a beautiful day but the gulls were gutsy little buggers. They lifted a slice right out of the box. I laughed as Landon groaned ''I was gonna eat that one next''. After lunch we went our separate ways. Landon went to drop off Jessica or heaven knows what and Gabe and I stayed on the beach walking a little while longer. It was really romantic even though the beach was a bit crowded. We ate some ice cream snapped a few photos then ate dinner out. We left just as dark was setting in. Kyle was getting antsy. When we finally got home I bathed him and put him in a onsie with mittens. I laid him in his crib after giving him some water then took a shower with Gabe.

I woke up to Kyle waking up on the baby monitor. Last night we moved his crib back into his room. I rolled out of bed and pulled one of Gabe’s shirts on. I made Kyle a bottle and fed him then took a shower and got dressed. Gabe was typing away on his computer still in bed. I left him to it and went to make breakfast. I put Kyle in his rocker, Gabe bought it yesterday while we were in Va Beach and made bacon eggs and toast. I was singing quietly to myself when the backdoor shattered and Cerberus ran out barking and growling.

A canister was thrown in and I ran to Kyle covering his face with my shirt and running. Gabe was running down the hall towards us ''what the hell is going on?'' he said wide eyed with a machine gun in his hands. ''I don’t know, someone threw a canister in and I ran'' ''go upstairs, into my control room and stay there'' he demanded. Shots rang out as he disappeared downstairs. Kyle began wailing and I ran for the room. I closed the door and grabbed a gun from off the wall then sat down in front of all the monitors and rocked Kyle to calm him down. ‘‘It’s ok sweetie'' I cooed. ‘‘Everything is all right'' I kissed his forehead. I looked him over checking to see he was ok. I swaddled Kyle in his blue blanket and set him in a corner on the floor.

I heard footsteps right outside. I crept to the door worried Gabe was taken down. I held the gun up pointed at the door and when it opened my finger tensed over the trigger. ‘‘Baby put it down'' he said calmly. I let it fall to my side and walked into his arms. I heard a man laugh beside him. I didn’t recognize him. He was a tall dark and handsome man. His eyes so dark a brown they almost looked black and his hair was shaved off. ‘‘What’s going on?'' I demanded glaring at the man. ‘‘A misunderstanding, Shanell this is James'' he introduced. ‘‘Sorry about the screen...I didn’t know it was Smith's house'' he shrugged offering his hand. I shook his hand hesitantly. ‘‘I don’t trust anyone who throws smoke screens and shoot at me'' I growled ''I might deserve that'' he chuckled casually. Gabe chuckled as well putting an arm around my waist. He wasn’t even dressed. He was just wearing jeans and as usual they weren’t buttoned.

What is up with guys and not buttoning up their jeans? Or wearing belts…I’ll never understand it. I walked away from them as Kyle started fussing. James nodded understanding my anger. He bowed his head like a child ''sorry'' he said quietly. ‘‘My son was in the kitchen when you busted the door'' I growled. ''I said sorry'' he sighed. ‘‘Does sorry cover it if the smoke choked him or if a shard of glass cut him?'' I hissed. Gabe sighed ''she's touchy'' ''touchy? Is that all you have to say?'' I glared at him too. ‘‘It’s one thing to attack me it’s another to put my baby in danger'' ''calm down mama bear'' he said wide eyed.

Gabe took the gun from my hand ''ok Shanell it was a misunderstanding'' he assured. ''I know, but I’m still mad'' I shrugged as I walked out. I laid Kyle in his crib and kissed his forehead. I set the monitor then went downstairs to find a whole team of men that looked to be in the swat team. ‘‘You should all be ashamed of yourselves'' I glared each and every one of them down. I walked passed their confused curious faces to the kitchen and finished breakfast. Only this time I cooked more since there were a lot of guests. I poked my head out to the living room where they talked quietly in confused whispers ''sit your asses at the table'' I demanded.

They stood up hesitantly and walked over to the kitchen sitting at any available seat. I gave them each a generous portion of breakfast then called down Gabe and James. James was dumbfounded when I handed him a plate ''I may be mad but that don’t mean I’m not hospitable'' I sat down at the island and ate. Gabe reached out to hold me and I growled ''touch me and I cut them off'' I grumbled.

‘‘Baby why are you so mad?'' ‘‘Your son was downstairs when they shattered the door and threw a smoke screen in and your ok with that?'' ‘‘He’s fine isn’t he?'' ‘‘He’s only two months old Smith'' I crossed my arms. He cupped my cheek ''yes I know, but he's fine'' ''that’s not my point'' ''Shanell would I ever let anyone hurt Kyle?'' '’that’s not my-'' ''Shanell'' ''no'' I sighed. ''I know you’re mad and worried but he's safe. He’s ok'' he hugged me. ‘‘Besides if he was hurt you know I’d take on the whole American military force just to make you happy'' ''aw that’s so sweet'' I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. ‘‘Now sit down and eat your breakfast before it gets cold'' I said lightly. He nodded and we pulled apart and he sat down and ate.

The guys seemed almost confused between me and Gabe. After breakfast I washed the dishes. The men went back to the living room as James and Gabe spoke quietly at the kitchen table in hushed tones. I still was left in the dark about what happened. I guess all I could assume was that they got their coordinates wrong. I was still weary of James and his crew. No one threatens my children and get away with it. I know he apologized but still.

Cerberus nipped at my jeans and I dried my hands patting his head. I went to the pantry and gave him a dog treat. I paused as Gabe’s and James’s voices grew quieter. Tension started to build and their voices turned clipped and hostile but I couldn’t understand a single word since they spoke in some language I couldn’t even place. It almost sounded Russian. But I knew it wasn’t Russian. James looked up at me ''Shanell why don’t you go shopping?'' Gabe said glaring at James. ''I hate shopping'' ''Shanell'' Gabe warned ''watch your tone I’m not your bitch'' I hissed. He sighed as he stood up ''I’m sorry'' he walked up to me. ‘‘Please go shopping'' he insisted pulling out his credit card and handing it to me. ''I don’t care what you buy just go somewhere'' he leaned in to kiss my head I moved out of his way ''I’m sleeping in Kyle’s room tonight'' I turned away from him.

I left him standing there and walked away. ''Shanell'' he sighed taking a step towards me. He ran to me grabbing me hand ''baby what’s wrong?'' he asked.

I turned on him grabbing his hand and flipping him to the ground. He landed on his back with an ‘’oof’’. ‘‘Why don’t you just tell me that the men are talking and that it’s no place for a woman while you’re at it'' I hissed. ‘‘Baby I didn’t mean it like that'' ''mhmm sure you didn’t'' I walked away from him leaving him on the floor. The room was quiet. The only thing I could hear were the swat like men staring wide eyed. ‘‘What are you looking at'' I snarled at them. They looked away to Gabe and I just grabbed my keys and went upstairs. ''I hope you like sleeping by yourself smith because you'll be alone for a very long time'' I called as I walked up the stairs. I grabbed Kyle’s car seat and laid him carefully so he wouldn’t wake up.

As I was walking to the door it opened and Gabe was standing in the doorway. '’I didn’t mean it like that'' ''then how did you mean it Gabriel?'' I narrowed my eyes on him. ''I’m sorry-'' ''don’t insult me'' I hissed. ‘‘All my life I’ve been criticized for being a woman. Men have some kind of superiority complex and I’m tired of it. oh you’re not skinny enough you’re not pretty enough but you cook damn good and you clean just as well so why don’t you go in the kitchen and make me a sandwich, ok time for the women to leave the men are talking. But you know I thought that maybe for once there would be one guy that wouldn’t be like that and so far you were him. I clean and cook because I like to. And yeah I love you but that doesn’t mean you can order me around like a chauvinistic pig''

''Shanell your overreacting'' he sighed. I saw red. ‘‘Overreacting? I’ll show you overreacting Gabe…I’m staying at Lina’s'' I walked passed him. ''Shanell don’t be stupid'' ''now I’m stupid?'' ‘‘Stop'' he was getting frustrated now. ‘‘Why?'' ‘‘Because you are taking everything I say wrong'' he seethed. ''I’m not being chauvinistic Shanell, I love you, you know that. Is it so much for me to worry about your safety?'' ‘‘Behind closed doors? Don’t you think I’m big enough to be in on things?'' ‘‘Yes'' ''then?'' I waited for him to say something. ''Nani why wouldn’t I tell you? I would have told you later don’t I always keep you updated'' ''did you have to act like an ass?'' ''…no'' ''it was very insulting to treat me like a mindless idiot. I’m not some idiot who shops until I’m in debt and rely on a husband or boyfriend. I’m an independent woman and I refuse to be treated like that'' ''baby I’m sorry'' he said earnestly.

I pursed my lips ''first rule about dating, don’t apologize…I mean not so soon. Most women me included just get angrier'' ''I’m sorry for saying sorry'' that made me laugh a little. ‘‘Are you still mad at me? This dating thing is new to me Shanell you can’t expect me to know everything'' ''I’m not mad'' I sighed. He held his hand out for Kyle’s car seat ''then let me put him back in his crib''

‘‘Fine'' I gave him the car seat. He set it down on the bed and took Kyle out then laid him in his crib pulling the blue blanket over him. Kyle fussed a bit but fell right back asleep. Like most babies he hated to be bothered when he was sleeping. Gabe turned to me and put his arms around my waist ''now stay?'' he asked. ‘‘Oh now you want me to stay'' I rolled my eyes. ‘‘Well after you blew up on me-'' ''I didn’t blow up on you'' ''then what was that?'' ‘‘That was me annoyed'' ''I don’t want to see you mad then'' he chuckled. ‘‘I thought I told you I had anger problems'' ''you did but I didn’t think it was that bad'' ''your worse so I don’t wanna hear it'' ''you've never seen me mad'' ''I’ve seen you annoyed. You’re as bad as me'' i giggled.

‘‘Ok I’ll give you that'' he chuckled. ‘‘You gonna let me kiss you this time?'' he asked. ‘‘Sorry about that, I was angry'' I said shamefully. ‘‘Is that a yes?'' ‘‘Yes'' I giggled. He leaned in and kissed me, this time I didn’t move away. We pulled away and I smiled lightly. Now that I realized my overreaction I felt almost foolish. I grabbed his hands and leaned into him ''sorry I overreacted'' I sighed. ''Don’t worry about it'' he chuckled lifting one of my hands kissing my knuckles then setting it on his shoulder. I frowned as I saw the blinking light on the monitor.

Oops. ‘‘Well I hope they like a show because they heard everything'' I sighed. ‘‘What do you mean?'' Gabe pulled back with a raised brow. I pointed to the monitor ''it’s on'' I felt a light blush on my cheek. ‘‘Eh don’t worry about it they know better'' he shrugged. I buttoned his pants for him ''well I guess you should go back down to James. It’s not polite to keep people waiting'' ''you don’t like him'' he chuckled ''you threaten my children I’ll fucking kill you. But since he's your friend…well I won’t hurt him'' I shrugged. ‘‘If we ever have another kid remind me to bubble wrap the room'' he chuckled ''shut up'' I slapped his chest playfully. ‘‘I can’t help it. Mothers instinct'' I shrugged ''even for a child that isn’t biologically yours?'' ‘‘It doesn’t matter. I love him as if he were my own, in my mind he is. So I’d protect him like such. And I guarantee that you won’t live if you hurt him'' ''you’re a wonderful mother'' ''you’re a typical dad'' I winked. ‘‘Oh now I see'' he snorted ''just cus I’m indifferent means I’m average'' ''no…actually you’re a lot like my dad in a non creepy kind of way. And he was a good father, nut case and all'' I laughed lightly.

He pecked my lips and I let him walk passed me so he could go finish talking to James. I was debating on taking a nap but thought better of it. I had too many things to do anyway and I wasn’t all that tired. So I did laundry then went on Facebook. I posted the pictures at the aquarium then checked my e-mail.

As I was on something popped up and automatically I was on webcam with some older man. The screen went navy blue and an official United States emblem went over the whole screen ''Smith-'' the man paused. I sat there wide eyed like a deer caught in headlights ''who are you?'' he asked angrily as words went over the screen. I tried not to read the words ''Shanell I’m Smith’s girlfriend...but you can call me Nani. I’ll go get him'' I stood up. I paused ''my I ask who you are?'' I said lamely. ‘‘Tell him his CO Barkley wants his ass in that chair within five minutes'' he said rather rudely. ‘‘You don’t have to be so rude'' ''little girl don’t-''

''I’m not a little girl and don’t piss me off because I can make your life a living hell'' I leveled his glare. He quirked a smile ''I like you. You have balls'' he nodded impressed. ‘‘With all due respect sir a little kindness can go a long way'' ''that’s what my wife tells me'' he grumbled. ''She's a wise woman. I’m going to go get Smith'' I walked away leaving him there.
I went down stairs and found Gabe in the living room talking to James. ‘‘Smith'' I called. He turned ''yeah?'' ‘‘Your CO is online'' ''which one?'' ''Barkley...he says and I quote 'his CO Barkley wants his ass in that chair within five minutes' and he didn’t seem very happy'' I said sternly. He nodded ''give me a minute'' he said to James then ran upstairs.

It was amazing how time flew. I started lunch, just some hotdogs and fries, since there were a large number of people in the house. But from the view of things and the whispers I knew this was work, even if Gabe promised none for an entire week. Oh well. He’s a workaholic I give up! At least his bruises are more healed then they were before.

As the hot dogs boiled I made a bottle for Kyle knowing he'd wake up soon. Right on cue I heard Kyle fussing on the monitor and I turned off the stove. ‘‘Help your selves to hotdogs. Bread is in the pantry and there’s lemonade in the fridge'' I said walking passed the men with the bottle in hand. They stood up unsure ''go on unless you’re not hungry'' I rolled my eyes as I kept walking.

Before I could even reach the stairs Gabe had Kyle in his arms and was walking towards me ''I’ll feed him'' he said and I handed him the bottle ''ok, I made lunch. Hot dogs are downstairs if you want one'' ''I’ll be down in a minute, Barkley is just harassing me about the mercenaries in the forest'' ''what’s the verdict?'' ‘‘They are on a worldwide missing persons blog'' ''no'' ''yes, now I’ve got to fabricate paperwork to make it seem like they got lost hiking in the Shenandoah Valley'' ''good luck''. On the inside however I was quivering. I could still smell the burning flesh mixed with the synthetic material and plastic. I guess some things were a little hard to let go of.
♠ ♠ ♠
thankyou for reading ^.^