Status: all done :)

Dirty Laundry

''But it's cute''

I woke up the next morning to Kyle crying. I rolled out of bed ''I’m coming'' I called as I opened the door and shhed him. I picked him up and rocked him ''aw don’t cry my little prince'' I cooed as I changed his diaper. I took him downstairs and made him a bottle because he was still cranky ''you’re such a cranky baby in the mornings'' I kissed his little forehead as I sat on the couch and fed him. His nails bit into my fingers as he clutched them drinking from his bottle.

Landon walked half asleep out into the living room only in his boxers and plopped on the recliner, rubbed his eyes and leaned over the recliner looking at Kyle ''hey munchkin'' he cooed. Kyle turned his head forgetting his bottle to look at Landon. I got the bottle back in his mouth but he snorted tensing up and letting out an annoyed squeal. ‘‘What?'' I put the bottle down and lifted him to sit up carefully. His legs kicked and I patted his back burping him.

Landon laughed at his antics ''I don’t think he likes me very much'' ''no I doubt that, maybe the face you gave him annoyed him'' I laughed. Kyle burped spitting up a little and I settled him back in my arms. He squealed again agitated and I laughed. ‘‘What’s gotten into you today?'' I kissed his head. I stood up and put him in his swing. ‘‘What do you want for breakfast? Bacon and eggs or French toast'' I called to Landon. ‘‘Bacon and eggs'' he replied as the TV turned on.

My phone rang as Jared came from his room ''hello'' I said absently as I put the bacon on a serving plate. ‘‘Breakfast'' I called ''hey'' Sasha yawned. ‘‘What are you doing up so early?'' I knew she wasn’t a morning person ''I miss you'' ''aw I miss you too'' I smiled ''I saw Smith’s picture'' she said reserved ''on Facebook?'' ‘‘Yeah he's the one who…'' ‘‘Yeah'' I said quietly knowing she was trying to say that he was the one who almost killed her. ‘‘You seem to like him'' ''yes, he's a sweet heart'' ''daddy told me about Kyle'' ''oh really?'' ‘‘Yeah I’m just a little worried'' she said quietly ''why?'' ''…if he's an assassin then how do you know he won’t turn around and kill you? I mean I don’t have a problem with what he is its…is he stable?''.

A flash back of the night he had a nightmare came to mind but that was normal. Nightmares were an occupational hazard. He hadn’t tried to kill me. ‘‘Yes he's stable'' ''ok'' she sighed relieved. ‘‘So when are you coming…well where are you?'' she asked. ''believe it or not we're a few miles from Langley we live in Yorktown'' ''oh...well when are you coming to visit?'' she insisted. ''I don’t know…'' I said kind of awkwardly. I knew what she was doing. She wanted us to go over so she could scrutinize everything. Not in a bad way but just so she could study him and deem him worthy. She was very skeptical where men were concerned. ''I hope it’s soon…like maybe Christmas'' she said absently. ‘‘maybe, well Sasha I’m eating breakfast I'll talk to you later love you bye bye'' I hung up.

I spent the day playing with Kyle. Around eight at night I grabbed my keys ''I’ll watch Kyle'' Landon took him from my arms and rocked him. ‘‘You know he needs a godfather'' I implied. His face lit up ''would you really let me?'' ‘‘Yeah, I’m Hispanic Italian. We're big with the whole padrino thing, besides you’re like a brother now and I don’t know anyone else besides my sister but he also needs a godfather…so...'' ‘‘Yeah I’d love to be his godfather'' he nodded. ‘‘Ok then'' I kissed his cheek ''I’m going to get Smith you don’t have to feed him and I just changed him just kind of rock him to sleep or something'' I grabbed my keys and slipped on my sandals. ‘‘Don’t worry everything will be just fine'' he assured as I walked out the door.

I parked beside a black sleek Lamborghini on the runway. A blond head poked out and Miri stood up ''what are you doing here?'' she asked looking me up and down disgustedly. ''I’m here to pick up Smith duh'' I rolled my eyes as if it was obvious. She grumbled something to herself ''you know I thought you were a refined bitch...not an ignorant one'' I snorted. She glared daggers at me. The plane landed and came to a full stop. A few people came down some met up with Miri and shook her hand. I frowned at them. Ass kissers! Then Gabe, I smiled as he walked towards me. He didn’t smile and his face was devoid of all emotion but when I ran up to him and hugged him he hugged me back and kissed me. ‘‘Hey baby'' he whispered pulling back to smile at me lightly ''how was your trip?'' I fiddled with the loose buttons of his shirt. ‘‘Eh...boring. But I got you this'' he reached in his back pack and pulled out a pen set from Greenfield village of the Henry ford museum ''I know you like art and I know you like to tell stories. Why not write them out and illustrate them'' he kissed my head.

''Gabe you didn’t have to'' I said wide eyed because these pens didn’t come cheap. They were hand blown glass from their glass workshop. ‘'you spend way too much money on me, stop it'' i slapped his arm lightly. ‘‘You don’t like it?'' he asked let down. ‘‘No no. it’s I can’t even begin to say how excited I am to use it, I’m just saying. All these expensive gifts, I’m not used to it'' I shrugged. ‘‘So you like it?'' he smiled ''I love it thank you so much'' I pecked his cheek.

He kept an arm around me as he walked to Miri. I could feel the tension in his hand as he talked to her and the annoyance in his voice ''Miri'' he greeted bitterly. ''Smith'' she replicated. ''I’ve done what I was asked and now I’m going home''. She slid her icy eyes to me. I smiled and waved ''hi Miri'' I said enthusiastically just to annoy her. ‘‘You’ve been relieved of your duties until I need you next'' she sighed waving away at him dismissively. Gabe walked me to the car.

‘‘Where’s Kyle?'' he asked as he drove off. ‘‘Home with Landon'' ''and Jared?'' ‘‘Annoying as usual''. He chuckled ''I’m sorry if I had known-'' ''don’t be. Once an asshole always an asshole I’ve gotten used to it'' I shrugged.

We pulled up to the house and he parked but we didn’t get out just yet. He cracked his neck and shrugged his shoulders painfully before he opened his door. ‘‘You ok?'' ''I’m fine'' ''that did not sound fine'' I rolled my eyes getting out and closing the door. He slung his pack over his shoulder and waited for me. Holding my hand he kissed my knuckles ''I’m fine'' he assured. ‘‘Does your neck hurt from the hotel pillows or something?'' I asked. He nodded ''just a little sore but I’m good'' ''I’ll massage your neck before you sleep'' I kissed his arm. ''Am I entitled to a happy ending'' he chuckled. I laughed rolling my eyes. MEN! ‘‘Maybe'' I smiled mischievously. ‘‘Can you do it in lingerie?'' ‘‘I don’t have an-'' ''yes you do'' ''where?'' ''I bought you that pink night gown didn’t I?'' ''That’s a night gown'' ''it’s still lingerie, besides I love seeing you wear it'' ''fine'' I rolled my eyes again. We walked into the garage and as he touched the pad by the door for it to close he wrapped his arms around me ''you know I realized how lonely I was until I met you'' he said quietly. I meshed my lips ''is that bad?''

''No, it’s just now that I have you, sleeping alone in the hotel room was…different. I missed the way you smell, felt, hell even that little snore'' ''I don’t snore'' ''yeah you do but it’s not like loud and obnoxious'' ''like you?'' ''I don’t snore'' he snorted. ‘‘Yes you do…'' ''My point is'' he continued chuckling ''my point is…'' he repeated all of the sudden nervous. His chuckle died and he looked at me with stoic eyes. ‘‘My point is I don’t want-'' he was interrupted by Landon opening the door to a crying Kyle ''I think he's broken'' he said wide eyed. ‘‘And this time I tried everything'' ''did you sing him a lullaby?'' ''…no'' ''don’t worry lullabies just put him to sleep'' I smiled taking Kyle from Landon. Gabe stood off to the side glaring murderously at Landon.

‘‘Baby you ok?'' I asked as I rocked Kyle lightly. His little head rested on my shoulder and I supported it with my hand. His little murmurs muffled by my shoulder. ‘‘Nothing'' he cleared his throat. He smiled lightly at Kyle kissing his cheek but his smile didn’t reach his eyes. I wonder what was bothering him. We went inside and I put Kyle in his rocker. He quieted down and I fixed Gabe a plate of food. Jared picked up Kyle and walked into the kitchen and sat at the counter. I was still a bit apprehensive but if I wanted to make amends with Jared then I’d have to be civil. No matter how much I hated him.

Around nine at night I went up to Kyle’s room to lay him down since he fell asleep. I bundled him in his blanket and left quietly. He was fast asleep but he was still a light sleeper. Just a jiggle of the doorknob would wake him. I went to my room and pulled on my nightgown. Aside from the hideously bright pink color it was nice and very comfortable. ‘‘Come on lay down'' I helped Gabe unbutton his shirt. He dropped it to the floor and laid on his stomach gathering a pillow under his chin. He was so tense as usual. Even relaxed his muscles were tense. ‘‘Would you get mad if I told you I had to leave again?'' he asked. I paused ''no'' I shook my head. He propped himself up on his elbow ''really?'' he asked not believing me. ‘‘It’s your work, I can’t stop you from doing your job'' I sighed.

‘‘How long?'' I asked. ‘‘Two weeks'' he said burying his head in the pillow trying to muffle his voice. ‘‘Two weeks?'' I asked wide eyed. He sat up nodding. ‘‘If it can’t be helped'' I sighed. ‘‘Are you mad?'' ‘‘Not mad just annoyed. Maybe this is Miri’s way of annoying me and royally pissing me off'' I grumbled. He chuckled scooping me up ''it won’t be too long. I mean it could be worse'' ''yeah I know''. I laid my head on his chest. '’When do you have to leave?'' ''Next week. But I don’t want you to be here. Not with all the mercenaries after me. You’ll be staying with Matt'' ''really?'' I said wide eyed. He nodded ''you don’t mind do you?'' ''well no'' ''then why stay here alone with every other assassin on your back and worry me sick instead of going to Matt’s where it’s safe'' ''where are you going?'' ''Germany'' I could tell by his clipped response that he didn’t want to say anymore. Or more to the point that he couldn’t say anymore. ‘‘And Jared?'' ‘‘He has to come with me'' ''ok then, I guess I’m going to Matt’s'' I said lightly. I didn’t want him to go. ‘‘It’s only a little while'' he assured.

I nodded but still. I didn’t want him to go. ‘‘You know let’s not talk about this right now. You just got home from an all-nighter let’s just go to bed'' I pecked his lips. He nodded passively and I snuggled into his arms. Yeah…sure it was one night but it felt like years. Why is it that the hours in the night feel so much longer when they are really shorter? I closed my eyes inhaling his smell and tried to sleep.

The morning was oddly a bright happy morning. I woke up and went downstairs. Kyle was still asleep and so was Gabe. Landon was in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee outside on the patio. Cerberus on my heels I walked out and sat opposite Landon bringing my knees to my chest. It was such a warm muggy morning. ‘‘Morning'' I said quietly. ''Morning'' he yawned. I'll admit that he looked like shit. He had bags under his eyes and his face was pale. ‘‘Are you ok?'' I asked. He nodded ''yeah'' ''Landon'' I said disapproving. He sighed and nodded ''I just couldn’t sleep is all'' he shrugged. His shoulders shrugged and shuttered as if he were hiding a cough from me. ''Landon are you sick?’’. I hated summer colds but oddly enough they happen. ''...No'' he shrugged.

I got up and took the coffee from him. ‘‘Hey'' he protested as I walked inside. I made him some chamomile tea and grabbed a cough suppressant. ‘‘Here'' I smiled as I came back outside. He sipped the tea and downed the medicine. ‘‘Thank you'' he said quietly, almost grudgingly. ''I don’t see why you'd try to cover it from me I wasn’t born yesterday Landon I can sniff a cold from a mile away'' I giggled. ''Well medicine is nasty'' he grumbled. ''I'll start breakfast'' I stood up and kissed his cheek ''be sure to keep away from Kyle. I don’t want him sick being he's so young'' I smiled. ''Ok'' he nodded and sipped some more tea. I left him outside with Cerberus and started on some scrambled eggs and bacon with toast.

Gabe came down holding Kyle. I turned to make him a bottle and gave it to Gabe. He sat at the island and fed him as we talked lightly. After he fed Kyle and set him in his rocker he came back to me picked me up and sat me on the counter ''by the way happy birthday'' he kissed me. I’d barely remembered that it was my birthday! How could I forget! It’s my friggin birthday for crying out loud. ‘‘Thank you''.

He reached into his PJ pockets and pulled out a long little rectangle. I opened it to find a diamond necklace, a beautiful silver chain with a heart and in the center a rather large sparkling diamond. He indulged me too much! But I couldn’t help but smile. ‘‘Oh Gabe'' I hugged him. It was so elegant and beautiful. ‘‘You like it?'' he chuckled. I nodded meshing my lips ''it’s so beautiful thank you'' I pecked his lips. ‘‘Put it on me'' I held up my hair hopping from the counter to give him my back. He pulled it against my neck and fastened it. I let my hair down and welcomed the cold light weight of the jewelry. I turned back to him and wrapped my arms around his neck ''thank you it’s so beautiful'' I said again kissing him. ''I’m glad you like it I don’t know what to buy women so I had to call Landon's sister…and let’s just say Janet isn’t the friendliest of women, well then again she's on her fourth pregnancy and she tends to be a head case, either way'' he continued making excuse after excuse trying to explain himself.

I thought it was cute. I put my finger to his lips ''baby your rambling'' I smiled adoringly. ''I know'' he sighed embarrassed. ''I like it'' I laid my head on his shoulder. ‘‘I think it’s cute'' I giggled. I let go of him and turned back to the stove. I served breakfast to Gabe before I poked my head out to Landon ''come inside before your cold gets worse'' I scolded lightly. I made him another cup of tea and he sat down looking miserable. Jared and James came down a few minutes after claiming they could smell the bacon from a mile away. I just rolled my eyes and sat down to eat.

James left after lunch. He gathered his men they wished me a happy birthday and they were on their way. My whole family called. It was really weird to hear them asking about Gabe. I mean come on it’s not impossible for me to date someone is it? They made it seem somewhat obscene. Like my life was a spectacle they could critique and tell me what I need to change and what I need to keep. I just rolled my eyes and replied with ''ok I love you too'' then I’d hang up. I was lying in bed when Gabe walked into the room ''get ready'' ''for what?'' I yawned.

‘‘We’re going out'' ''what?'' I sat up. ‘‘Come on'' he smiled. ''Kyle?'' ''Landon will watch him'' he walked to the closet. I meshed my lips...I guess he was capable but he was also sick at the moment. ‘‘Where are we going?'' ‘‘What do you want to do?'' he hedged. ‘‘I don’t know'' ''I want to take you out for your birthday'' ''why don’t we just spend a night at home?'' I crossed over to him and smiled. ''You don’t want to go anywhere?'' ''Not really, I’m an outdoorsy kind of girl, I hate towns and cities. I try to stay away from the public. People can be very depressing'' I shrugged.

''You don’t even want to eat out, anything?'' ‘‘No…let’s just curl up with Netflix. Order a pizza maybe?'' ''A girl who doesn’t want to go out'' ''yeah I’m an odd ball'' I giggled. ''Fine, you want a pizza?'' ‘‘Or Chinese food, either one is fine. Just something good to watch movies with'' I nodded. ‘‘Your easy to please you know that?'' ‘‘You make me sound almost cheap'' ''I didn’t mean it like that'' he chuckled ''I know. I just don’t ask for much'' ''you know that’s very disconcerting. I barely know what to get you. You don’t ask for much but if I get something too expensive you hesitate'' he sighed. ''I’m not that confusing Gabe. You just haven’t figured it out yet'' I winked. He pulled me to him wrapping his arms around my waist ''enlighten me'' ''I don’t want possessions. And no matter how corny and cheesy this sounds it’s the truth. I just want you. To be there, just to hold me'' I shrugged. ‘‘Your right that does sound cheesy'' he chuckled. I poked his side ''shut up'' I blushed.

He leaned in kissing me ''but it’s cute'' ''whatever'' I snorted. ‘‘Well come on lets go find a phone number I know a good Chinese place'' he chuckled. He grabbed my hand pulling me on his back ''Gabe I don’t want to hurt you'' I protested. ''I’m fine'' he rolled his eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my chin on his shoulder, rolling my eyes as he placed his hands on my butt. I giggled as he walked down the hall and kissed his cheek. When we got downstairs he went through one of the drawers in the kitchen looking for the menu.

He found it then walked to the living room sitting on me. ''Gabe your heavy'' I poked his sides. He scooted off sitting next to me and handed me the menu. ‘‘Tell me what you want'' he rested his arm around my shoulder as he scanned through Netflix. ‘‘This'' I pointed to an item. ‘‘Ok'' he nodded then called down Jared and Landon. When he got their orders he ordered over the phone.

He handed me the remote and I flipped through each movie looking for something interesting but not so much boring for the boys. We settled for iron man 2 and transformers since I’ve never seen them and wanted to see them so bad. Unfortunately Gabe protested when I said ''of course I love tony stark he's the hottest besides Thor'' to Landon. He raised a brow at me and I laughed ''but I love my baby more'' I kissed his cheek. He nodded satisfied. Men and their egos, sigh. At least dinner was good. Not like other cheap knock off Chinese food. Well even though it technically was. But still very good, and on a frustrating note, when Kyle would fuss in his play pen or rocker Gabe wouldn’t let me get up. ‘‘Watch the movie I got him'' but I’m not the kind of person who could sit back and relax with a baby crying. Motherly instincts. I’ll always want to coddle my son.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading ^.^