Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 2

I was in utter darkness. I looked around into nothingness. “Hello?” I said out loud.
I started to hear footsteps. They seem to be coming to my left, I turned in that direction. The footsteps started to fade away, I took a quick step, and I was on solid ground, though I didn’t feel it. I started to run toward the footsteps. They became louder now. I stayed back a distance away. I’ve been walking for about five minutes when I saw a faint light up ahead, and a figure. It was a person, telling from broad shoulders, it had to be a man.
He was very tall, he was wearing a big coat, and I noticed some red on it. I went from a walk to a little jog to catch up to him, though something told me to keep a good distance. The light was getting brighter. After a few moments I slowed back down to walking. The man, no way…
He was wearing the Akatsuki coat. I made a silent gasp. The man’s collar was standing up high, it went to about up in between the top of his head and neck. He’s part of the Akatsuki…
From behind, he didn’t wear a hat and he had blue-black hair. My eyes widen, no freggin way…
No way that’s Itachi…
He froze in his tracks. I stopped in sync. He just stood there, not saying anything or moving. I was a little nervous. What’s going on? I remember not getting much sleep last night and I fell asleep in first period… but what’s going on?
What’s Itachi doing here? The guy off of Naruto is here. It’s been a few months since I read the manga. The manga author died due to an illness, since he died, Naruto was no more. I haven’t read them since then, but so far I know the story by heart. Itachi is right in front of me…
“I’ve got to be dreaming…” I thought.
Itachi turns around. Then I see his face, my eyes widen. Originally, he was an anime/manga character so you didn’t, couldn’t, really imagine him as a real person. Not unless you find somebody cosplaying his character. I took in his features.
He was quite handsome really, though in the book I never bother to notice. He was wearing that Akatsuki coat and only his face showing. He had high cheekbones and narrow nose. The lines going down across his cheeks made him look tired, as if he needed a goodnight sleep. “He should already have it now, since he’s dead…” I was thinking about the manga, where he dies in battle with Sasuke…
I quickly dropped the thought, it wasn’t important at the moment. I quickly looked at Itachi’s headband. It had the Leaf Village’s symbol with the slash. Not to mention a few marks on his headband where he must have been hit before. I went up to see his hair. It was raven colored, though you can see a blue tint to it. Yep, that’s Itachi alright.
I don’t know how long we were standing there staring at each other in silence, but he broke it by saying, “You’ve finally come…”
I blinked, “…Huh?”
He smiled, a sad one, “You must go… go save my brother…”
I looked around, getting a hold of my surroundings. All I saw ahead was bright light. Around me was nothing, nothing but darkness. It was like we were floating in the air. I didn’t really know what to say, so I said, “I don’t know what you mean…”
He extended his arm, toward the light, “Come, follow me…”
He started walking into the light, I started to follow him. I got so close to the light that it swallowed me up. I looked behind me, seeing no more darkness. I didn’t see Itachi anymore, I was kind of scared. I hope this wasn’t the kind of light that took you to heaven or anything.
I mentally slapped myself. No way was that happening, I mean, I must be seriously dreaming…
We were still walking, and we finally exited the light, onto the sky. I mean literally a sky. We weren’t on a cloud or anything, but we were in mid air. I don’t really see how I was walking but I saw a bunch of trees.
I mean a lot of trees. It looked like a freggin forest. I gasped, I looked all around me, yeah, trees everywhere. I looked at Itachi, he was staring ahead. He stuck his arm out, “Grab my arm and old on tight.”
I hesitated at first, but I obeyed. I grabbed his arm and once he saw I was ready, we went flying. It was pretty fast, I could see lines of green below me, though I didn’t look long enough because I had to close my eyes. We flew for only a few minutes then we came to a stop. I opened my eyes and looked below me. I was still hanging on to Itachi’s arm and once I saw Sasuke, I let go.
Sasuke was by himself. Unless you want to count the big snake beside him. He didn’t seem to notice us. Good.
I looked at Itachi. He was staring at his brother with sad eyes. “Itachi…” I said, as if it was for him to snap out of his train of thought.
He snapped his head at me, as if he forgot I was there. He shook his head. We started flowing downward, toward the ground. We stepped on the grass, right in front of Sasuke. I walked up to Sasuke, knowing he couldn’t see us.
He was quite handsome too, just like his brother. His cold look makes you keep your distance. I know why he has that look, so it doesn’t scare me to go up to him. He had the same eyes and hair color as his brother. His mouth was in a tight line, as if he was thinking about something. I knew what he was thinking about, Itachi.
He was told the truth about his brother. By Madara. Some of the things Madara told him were true. Some, not all. He missed out on a lot of important details to this kid. He wanted to use his weak spot to get him on his side. Good job Madara, it worked. I always felt sorry for the guy. I know what Madara was up to. It said so in the books. The books know what was to become of this world. Well, it did, since the author died, nobody knew what was going to happen now.
What Madara told Sasuke made him want to take revenge on the village. Again, my sympathy went out to him. Then I heard him say something. He said it in Japanese. I didn’t understand what he said so I looked at Itachi, he just stared at his brother. Then I realized something, how in the world is Itachi speaking English to me. I scratched my head, that should be the least of my worries. Right now I’m dreaming something that I’m starting to believe in…
Itachi turns to me. “You’re probably thinking your dreaming. Your not. I called you here on my own suspects. You are the only person in my world and your world, not to mention other worlds, that’s in touch with the Spirit World. This brings me back to why I brought you here.” He makes a gesture toward Sasuke, “You must come to my world and save Sasuke, and the world, before Madara destroys it.”
I stared at Itachi, then looked back at Sasuke. What? No way. “I must be seriously dreaming…”
“Like I said,” Itachi said, “Your not. What you see is just a different world from yours. In fact, your actually part of this world too, in some way. I’m not sure how, but you are.” He stared at my face, as if trying to figure out a million dollar impossible question, “I know it… I can feel it from you…”
“I… I…” I started, “I don’t understand…”
He didn’t seem surprised by my response, “No worrying about it now. I wasn’t expecting you too. All I know is that that you need to get into my world, which will take you, and your little friends help.”
He does something you would never expect Itachi to ever do. He takes my hands and brings them to his chest, “I’m begging you, you and your friends are the only other people in all of the galaxy who knows what Madara is up too, his plans, weaknesses… Also, you could become a hero, something special. You could save a world full of innocent people like yours. A people full of Ninjas. Shinobi…”
He was rambling on. I felt so sorry for the guy. I sighed, “Please I’m begging you…”
“Alright.” Was all I said.
He froze, not talking. “R-really!?” He stuttered.
I nodded, “I’ll do it. But, I’ll need your help you know. I mean, I do know a little about your world, but not everything.”
He cocked his head, “Isn’t there a man in your world that has a little connection with ours, who can tell the future or something about the Shinobi World or something…” He started muttering to him self.
“Yeah,” I said, after a moment, “but the guy died due to a disease or something. All his stories about your world has stopped coming out, it’s been like this for a few months.”
He nodded, seeming to understand, “I see. Well, I’ll let you go for now, be ready by nightfall in your world. I’ll come back then…”
At that, he disappeared and I jerked up from my sleeping place in the gym. The principal was going on about the rules and stuff still. I looked around me, Lalita, Zana, and Mechifu were with me. I breathed a sigh of relief. Then, the sudden realization hit me. The dream, or prophesy, or whatever you want to call it. I ran through the conversation I had with Itachi. I poked to Mechifu, “What?” She whispered.
“I need to talk to you and the others, after school. Come to my house after school, okay?” I said.
She saw the serious look on my face. She swallowed, itching to ask why, but she didn’t. She poked Lalita that was next to her, and told her what I said. Then I waited for the day to be over.