I Hate To Say This But I'm Stuck On Loving You, John O'Callaghan

PART 2

Since it was about 2:30 when we finally left school, it was kind of a waste to go home so we decided to get to Kenny’s house early. To our surprise everyone else was early too and they were already setting up. I greeted everyone with a hug except for John. When I got to him I stood awkwardly thinking about what I was going to do for a little bit before I finally decided to just nod my head slightly in his direction. Once everything was set up, they ran through their set for a couple of times and that took about an hour and a half. “Well, what do you think?” Kenny looked in my direction and smiled enthusiastically. “Kenny you know I’ve always loved your music and you all have come so far, proud sister moment.” I smiled so big. I really was proud of them. They had worked so hard and now they were finally signed and were going on their first tour in about two weeks.

“She has a nice smile. Don’t you think so too, John?” Garrett asked slyly. John looked at the ground awkwardly and I just glared at Garrett. I hated how he would always bring that up, but he was one of my best friends and I was stuck with him forever.

“…So, we should probably start talking about new tour dates now, shouldn’t we?” Jared asked. Jared was always there to end these awkward Caitlin and John moments. He was the only one in the band besides John who didn’t burn this idea we were perfect for each other to the ground. John was his best friend and I don’t think he would like his little sister dating his best friend. They agreed to Jared’s question and we spent some time talking about tour dates. I don’t really know what they were talking about because I zoned out. I still wasn’t too happy about the idea of them leaving for the entire summer leaving me here alone.
*
Thursday and Friday were typical, boring school days. They dragged on just like every other school day. I got into Garrett’s car Friday afternoon. The party was tonight. I have been dreading it ever since I agreed to go. Maybe I would get lucky and they would forget. With my luck though, they definitely did not forget.

“Are you excited for tonight, Caitlin? I know I’m excited. Are you excited, Garrett?”

That was one of my favorite things about Pat. He was always in a good mood and reminded me of a little kid. I loved him to death.

I smiled and replied sarcastically. “I am just ecstatic.”

“That’s the spirit!” Garrett said as he drove down the road.

After about 10 minutes or so we made it to my house.

“Okay, so we’ll be here to pick you up for the party around 9. You better be ready.”

I nodded and went into my house
*
It was 8:55 and I was ready for the party. I was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a Death Cab For Cutie shirt, and converse. I sat on my bed on my laptop lurking through The Maine’s MySpace page until I got a text from Pat saying that he and Garrett were outside waiting for me. I took a deep breath, closed my laptop, and prepared myself. I’m not going to lie, I was nervous as fuck. I wasn’t a party person and there were going to be so many people there that I didn’t really know. I didn’t know who I was going to talk to besides the boys in The Maine. I slid my phone into my back pocket and walked out to Garrett’s car. I opened the door and took my seat in the back behind Pat. “Hey Pat, Garrett…and John?” I said as I looked to my left to see John sitting in the seat next to me. Garrett noticed my confusion and explained to me that John’s car was in the shop and he needed a ride. The part about John needing a ride was probably true, but I was pretty sure Garrett volunteered to take him because he had some kind of trick up his sleeve. I raised my eyebrow at Garrett and pulled my phone out and started to text him.
“part of me agreeing 2 go 2 this party was that I didn’t have 2 talk 2 John..”

Garrett’s phone buzzed so he pulled out his phone, read the text, and smiled back at me before texting me back.

“no1 said u had 2 talk to him”

I glared at him. God dammit Garrett.