Status: Finished

Recovering from amnesia.

Small pieces of the puzzel

~Adam’s pov~
I walked into the garden, the hanging place I would always go to in the past. I always missed going here, but the drama two years ago was just too much shit that I didn’t need. The sun was shining through the garden and it was very empty. It was one o’clock after all, much too early for people to come here. But then in the middle of the garden I saw a girl lying down on the grass. I recognized the purple and black hair from her facebook, it was Alice. I walked over to her. “Hey Alice, long time no see.” I said She looked up with confusion. “Do I know you?” she asked, frowning. “It’s me, Adam.” I said. Her face turned sad. “I’m sorry, but I don’t remember.” she said. “I knew you could be forgetful, but to forget me after only two years.” I joked. Her face fell even more. “No, it’s not that. I have amnesia due to an accident.” she told me. At this I froze. “You don’t remember? How much?” I asked. “Apparently four years.” she said. I sat down in front of her. “So you don’t remember anything about the garden?” I asked. She shook her head in regret. “I’m afraid so.” she said. “I’m sorry it took so long, there was a long line.” I heard the familiar voice of Maria, Alice’s sister. I looked up. “Hey Maria.” I said. “Hey Adam. I guess you heard the news then.” she answered. “Just now from Alice.” I told her. Maria nodded, pain and sadness visible on her face. “Say sis, it’s all foggy but I have this feeling that seems to come up because of this place. Some sadness and nervousness Almost like butterflies in my stomach. I don’t know.” she said, frowning at not being able to place the feelings. “Maybe it’s from your relation with Damien.” she said, getting a bottle of mountain dew, Alice’s favorite, out of a bag. “No, this seems to be someone else. Did I like someone from the garden before Damien?” Alice asked her sister. “Not that I know of, Genevieve might be able to help with that better than me.” she told Alice. Alice shrugged. “I don’t know. I get an annoyed vibe when that girl comes around.” she answered. Her sister laughed. “Don’t we all. Want some Adam?” Maria asked him, holding some Oreos in front of him. He took one and bit in it, wondering if he could help Alice as well.

~Alice’s pov~
I frowned at these new feelings I had gotten from being in the garden. My sister and the guy Adam were talking while I just thought. Somehow I felt like I knew this Adam guy, unlike I had with Damien and Genevieve. Like he meant more. Slowly some other people began to join us, introducing themselves to me before beginning to chat. I hummed a song I didn’t even recognize. “Alice, you’re humming a Destine song.” someone told her, who had introduced herself as Sammy. “Oh so that’s what it’s called.” I said. “Say, did I by any chance enter a contest for that band?” I asked. “Yes, when you were seventeen. You wanted to win tickets to their show.” my sister said. “Hmm.” I said and returned to my own little world, leaving them wondering how I remembered that. “Hey everyone.” I heard a defeated voice say. I looked up to see Damien, by the way he looked it seemed like he hadn’t gotten any sleep lately. “I liked your short hair better.” I said, not even knowing how I came on that. “What?” he asked. “Your short hair. I liked it better.” I said. “How?” he asked and turned to my sister. “It seems she remembers small things, but she doesn’t know how to place them. The doctor said it was normal.” my sister said. “Where’s Sean?” I asked, not even knowing who it was. “You remember Sean?” Darren asked. “Not really, I was just wondering where he was.” I said. “He stopped coming a year ago.” my sister answered, not in all concerned about what I had just asked. She had gotten used to it over the last couple of days. “It really hurt Genevieve when he broke up with her, the poor girl.” I said. I took another Oreo and bit in it. “You know, those little kids are really cute once you get used to them.” I said, which seemed totally random even to myself. “I guess that’s from first year from your study teaching assistant.” my sister said. I shrugged. “You really want to know her name huh?” I said, turning to Adam. He frowned at me. “Mirthe, I think it was.” I told him. Suddenly recognition came upon his face. “That’s from two years ago.” he said. Darren nodded in agreement, remembering when Adam liked Mirthe. I began humming again, going back to the Destine song. “Pieces are slowly falling together lately. She remembers her almost whole freshman year now. The last three years are still foggy though.” my sister explained.