‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Meet the Parents

"All right, everyone! We're done!" Everyone roared in a cheer and clapped. "Awesome job, everyone!" Wayne smiled, clapping.

After congratulating and thanking a few people as I walked by, I headed outside lighting up a cigarette between my lips. It was almost completely dark outside. Taking a well needed long drag, my eyes looked around my surroundings. Searching for them. My girls. A childish laughter caught my attention and I followed the sound of it. I walked around the corner of the building and found them. One of the parking lights shone upon Ellie, who was bent over as she showed Kaylie how to feed the ducks that were still up. Kaylie was smiling and laughing as a duck walked up to her.

I smiled. My girl and daughter, having a mother and daughter moment. My family would love them. Christ, they feel like they know Ellie themselves already since I talk about her so damn much. But they don't know about my daughter yet. They'll absolutely adore her. She's so much like her mother and myself. I wonder if they would join me in Friday Night dinner tomorrow? One way to fing out, I guess.

I smirked when Ellie glanced up, her hazel green eyes meeting my brown ones. A smile on her face as she whispered something in Kaylie's ear. Kaylie turned around and grinned as she caught my stare.

"Daddy!" She called, running my way.

I pulled the cigarette out of my mouth and caught her in my arms. Her tiny arms wrapping around my neck as I picked her up. Ellie walked over to us with a dimpled smile, hands in my hoodie's pockets.

"Hey, you." Ellie smiled.
"Hey, babes." I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers, firmly.
"Noo, Mommy. Icky." Kaylie whined.
"Daddy's kisses aren't icky, sweetie." Ellie grinned, running her fingers through Kay's hair.

Kay stuck her tongue out at her mother, something she definitely learned from her Mom.

"Hey, Ellie?"
"Yeah?"
"I was wondering, how do you feel about meeting my family tomorrow night?" I asked her. "We're having a family ritual. Friday night dinners."
"You're...you're family?" Ellie's eyes widened.
I nodded. "Yeah. I know they're dying to meet you. And I'm sure they'll want to meet our little girl too."
"Uhm, all right." Ellie bit her bottom lip, something she did when she was nervous. "Is it a formal thing? Or casual?"
"It's casual." I told her. "Relax, Ell. They'll love you. Trust me." I kissed her once more. She relaxed.
"I know. I just can't help it. I've never met your family before."
"They're just like me. Just be yourself." Her phone went off, she checked it.
"It's Matt. We're leaving now." She said.
"Okay. I'll pick you two up at 5?" I asked. Ellie nodded.
"Yeah, we'll be ready."
"All right, cool." I adjusted Kaylie. "I'll see you and Mommy tomorrow?"
"We go ta you home?" She asked.
"No. We're going to go see Grandpop and Grandmom, Uncle Brent and Aunt McKenna."
"Mmkay!" Kaylie gave me her dimpled smile. I kissed her and handed her over to Ellie.
"I'll see you tomorrow then." I grinned, wrapping my arm around Ellie's waist. Walking back towards the cars.
"Yep. Dinner at your parents." She nodded. That reminded me of something.
"When do I get to meet your Dad?" I asked her. She shrugged.
"I don't know. He wants to come down and make peace with Matt. But I'm going to have to talk with Matt about that." She sighed.
"Not good?"
"Nope. Last time we saw Dad, Matt got into an argument with him. But hopefully, Matt's over it now."
"I'm sure he is."
"Keepin my fingers crossed." She said as we walked up to Shads's car.

I held the door as she buckled in Kaylie into her car seat. I leaned in once Ellie moved out of the way and kissed her, telling her I loved her and would see her tomorrow. Then hugged Ellie to my chest.

"Goodnight, babes. You look sexy in that hoodie, by the way." I smirked.
"Thanks. Night, Bri." She smiled, sliding into the passenger seat of the car.

I took a few steps back as Shads pulled out, I waved to them as they drove by. Johnny honking made me jump slightly.

"C'mon, Syn! I'm tired and need of sleep!" He whined.
"Yeah, yeah, Short shit. I'm coming." I called, sliding into the passenger seat as I called my Dad to tell him the news.

My parents finally meeting Ellie and my daughter. My brother and my little sister meeting them as well. Sitting around the table, laughing and having a good time like a family. I smiled as I thought about tomorrow. I'm definitely sure they'll love Ellie. Why wouldn't they?