‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Guardian Angel

I squinted as I held up my hand to block the sun's rays from my eyes, trying to see and figure out where I was. Once my eyes adjusted to the bright light; I noticed the trees, the playground as little children ran about, joggers running along the path. Realization hit me that I was at Central Park. The guys would talk about it constantly, though they never go there anymore unless it was Jimmy's birthday or what ever the other reason may be to go. Other than that, they refused to ever go there. So it kinda amazed me that I knew of this place.

I giggled as I saw a little girl that looked like my daughter run around, being chased after by her little puppy. Her Mommy and Daddy watching her as they held hands on the park bench, her mother holding her enlarged stomach. She must be expecting another child. What a feeling that was. Being pregnant. To feel your little one inside you squirm around and feel their little hands or feet press up against your belly. Letting you know that they are there. I smiled as I thought of Kaylie. How great of a baby she was. I stirred out of my thoughts when I heard someone laugh, maniacally. My eyes scanning around me, determined to find the body of the laughter. The laugh all too familiar.

I watched as a tall, lanky man with wild black hair jog down a random path. I took off after him, pushing my legs as fast as they would go. My eyes never tearing away from the tall figure. His laugh filling my ears, my heart giving itself a tight squeeze. I followed him around a corner and through a bunch of trees and bushes, stopping at a dead end. The only way out was where I came from. I quirked an eyebrow as I looked above me and all around me. Where did he go? I asked myself. Shrugging, I turned on my heel to leave when I bumped into someone. Ending up on my ass as his laughter filled my ears. A large hand stood in front of my face and I looked up at the mystery person and gasped, tears welling up in my eyes as I made eye contact with him.

Jimmy. My Slim Jim.

His smile got bigger as I placed my hand in his, he pulled me up and onto my feet then pulled me into his arms for a tight hug. I snuggled my face in his chest, inhaling his cologne. This wasn't real. It couldn't be. Yet it felt real. I mean, here I am hugging him. Not going through his body. His figure warm and not ghost-like. It was as if he was alive again. Tears spilled over as I hugged Jimmy again. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Being here with him again. I didn't care if it was a dream, that didn't matter to me. All that mattered was that I was here with my best friend. Jimmy.

"Hey, Pudding Cup." Jimmy said into my hair.
"Slim Jim. I missed you so much." I mumbled into his chest.
"I missed you so much too, Pudding Cup. More than you would believe." I looked up at him with tear filled eyes. Jimmy dragged his thumb under my eyes, wiping away the tears. "Hey, now. No more crying. I'm here now. You're all right."
"I know. I'm sorry. I just...I just can't....I missed you so much." Tears fell quickly now as I hugged him again. "I'm so sorry for leaving and not saying goodbye. Jimmy, I-"
"Sshhh, it's all right. You don't need to be sorry. I understand why you left and I don't want you to say goodbye to me. One because I haven't left you. I would never leave you. Two, if you're going to say goodbye. Please, just say see you later. Since we'll meet again soon when the time comes. And when it does, I'll be there to greet you." Jimmy stroked my hair softly. "And she's beautiful. Very beautiful."
"Huh?" I pulled away to look into his enchanting blue eyes.
"Kaylie. Your's and Syn's daughter. She's beautiful. She's your exact twin. Just has his eyes." He smiled. "And thank you. For naming me as her godfather. I'm honored to have such a roll in her life, though I may not be there physically to fill it."
"Thank you, Jimmy. I couldn't picture anyone else more perfect as her godfather. You've been there for me since the beginning. You weren't angry when I told you about my pregnancy with Syn, you actually surprised me by being joyous."
"Why would I be angry? You two are meant to be, Ell. And Kaylie just proves that. Syn loves her just as much as he loves you. And believe me, that's a lot. He's crazy about the both of you."
"He can't be that crazy if he married her." I mumbled. Jimmy took a hold of my face between his large hands.
"Ellie, listen to me. He doesn't love her. He dreams of you when he sleeps. Believe him when he says he loves you and only you. It's the truth. He would do anything for you. Once the divorce is through, you two will live happily together. Right now is going to be a little rocky, we all know it. But you've been through hell and back with him, this will be nothing compared to those days. For in the end, I promise you, you will be happy again. You just have to push through this. You're not alone in this either; you have Syn, your brother, Val, Zacky, Johnny, and me. We will never leave your side."
"Thanks, Jimbo. I needed to hear that. I don't know what I'd do without you."
"Simply go insane with worry." He shrugged. "But you're welcome. I'll be here whenever you need me, though you may not see me, I'll be right here" He touched where my heart was. "forever."
"I love you, Jimmy." I hugged him tightly.
"I love you too, Pudding Cup." He kissed the top of my head. "Just remember; I'm always with you, standing right by your side. And don't worry about your situation with Syn. It'll work out in due time. Until then, push through it with him. He needs you more than ever. He loves you so much." Jimmy started fading out. I watched him go slowly, tears trickling down.

He smiled and waved before completely disappearing in front of me, his laughter was the last thing I heard before hearing birds chirping in the trees and children laughing. I found my way back to the park to see the family from earlier. I walked around them smiling, but the smile was wiped clean off as I got a better look at them.

The daughter had brown eyes and long brown hair, same height as Kaylie. Holding the puppy in her little arms. The Mom had long brown hair with hazel green eyes that sparkled when she felt her baby belly, smiling her dimpled smile. The Dad with his warm chocolate brown eyes, stunning smirk plastered on his face when he kissed the little girl's forehead then placed his large tatted hand on the Mother's pregnant belly, kissing her on the lips. His tattoo sleeves showing. On one arm was a familiar tattoo of monsters. Realization hit me hard.

It was my family! It was Kaylie, Brian and me! I'm pregnant...AGAIN!

I jolted awake in bed. My eyes scanning my room quickly as my breathing came out in ragged, uneven breaths. I flopped back down on the pillow, rubbing my eyes. It was just a dream, I chanted to myself. My hands traveled from my eyes and down to my stomach. Still flat. I breathed out a sigh of relief. The dream was all too real. Too real for my comfort. I couldn't imagine being pregnant again. I didn't want to be. I wasn't ready for another. But that should be a while from now. C'mon, it was only a dream...