‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

It Never Left You

I rested my head against the seat of Brian's truck, letting my eyelids drop as I listened to Kaylie's quiet mumblings as she played with her doll. Brian quietly chuckled to himself but I ignored him. He was either going crazy, which honestly wouldn't surprise me. Or he was laughing at Kaylie's serious conversation with her doll. I'm banking on the first one. The truck came to a halt and Brian put it in park, I glanced around the new place. Where the fuck did he take us? Why the hell does he keep taking me to new places and never tells me? I gave him a look and he just smirked as he got out.

"Where are we?" I asked him as he got Kaylie out, holding her to his chest.
"My house." He said, walking up to the door.
"You're house?!" I freaked. He kissed my lips.
"It's fine. She's gone for the night." He said as he unlocked the door. Pinkly's barking on the other side made me smile. I missed her so much.
"Pinkly!" I greeted the little white dog with the red bow on top of her head, wagging her tail as she ran up to me after jumping around Brian. "Oh, how much I missed you." I kissed the dog's head, she licked my cheek.
"She missed you too." Brian smirked, putting Kaylie back on her feet.
"Daddy's doggy?" Kay asked her father. Brian nodded.
"That's Pinkly. C'mere, girl." Pinkly ran over to Brian, licking his hand.

I watched as Brian helped Kaylie pet the hyper active Pinkly. Pinkly rolled onto her back, making Kaylie giggle as she and Brian rubbed her tummy. I smiled at my little family. Brian noticed my smile and smirked, coming to my side and wrapping his arms around me as he pulled me against his chest. The cigarette and his cologne filling my nose, sending a shiver throughout my body. He always smelled so damn good to me.

"You cold?" He whispered in my ear. I shook my head. "Cause I could make you warm." He kissed my neck lightly, I could feel the smirk on his lips. I bit my lip as my stomach twisted into knots.
"Bri, Kaylie's here." I said in a low voice.
"Not for long. She looks ready to crash, baby." He mumbled against my neck. I glanced over at Kaylie as she yawned hugely. "I'll go put her to bed." He kissed my lips sweetly before picking up a sleepy Kaylie.

I kissed her goodnight as Brian took her up into one of the bedrooms upstairs. I got off the floor and looked about the living room, staring at all the pictures. There were some of the guys all together either around here or on tour. I smiled seeing the picture of the guys, all fishing and having a few beers on their Guy Time. I was surprised to see some of me in the group pictures.

But what shocked me most were the pictures of me and Brian that were taken when we were dating. I was so sure Michelle would've burned those. I jumped when I felt a pair of large, muscled arms wrap around my waist from behind. Brian lightly kissed my shoulder before resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"I fought with her to keep those pictures of us." He said, knowing what pictures I was looking at. I turned in his arms, wrapping mine around his neck. He was still a few inches taller than me.
"I bet you did." I said softly, looking up into his chocolate eyes. "I miss us." I blurted out.
"You don't have too, babe. We can be us again. All you have to do is say yes." Brian begged. "Ellie babes, I love you. Can I be the one to have your heart again?"
"Brian. My heart never left you. You always had it and you always will." I told him.

Brian smiled and crashed his lips to mine with much love. It felt as if the world was ending and this was our last kiss before we died in each others arms. It held nothing to the firework feeling, this was more special than all of those. We pulled away to rest our foreheads against each others, our breathing coming out in uneven breaths as we smiled.

"I love you." Brian said softly.
"I love you too." I grinned.

He pressed his lips to mine once again, grabbing onto my thighs and lifting me off the ground. I wrapped my legs around his waist as I clung onto him for dear life, while he carried me up the stairs and into his bedroom. Brian kicked the door shut and laid me down on the bed as he crawled on top, kissing the crook of my neck as his hands traveled my body while he rocked his hips with mine. Teasing me to my insanity.

I pulled his head back by his hair, earning a growl deep in his throat as I looked into his eyes. They turned dark with lust as they raked over my body. I pulled his face down to mine so I could crash my lips to his, while I dragged my hands down his chest and pulling his shirt off. Brian's hands went to my jeans, unbuttoning the button and pulling the zipper down.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Kaylie screamed.
"Kaylie." I pushed Brian off of me as we ran to the room she was in. I cradled her in my arms as Brian sat beside me, rubbing her back while she stained my shirt with her tears. "It's okay now, Kay. Mommy and Daddy are here. Relax, honey."
"Mommy, I wanna go home." She sniffed. I nodded, looking up at Brian with a frown. He pressed his lips to mine.
"I'll get the truck started." He said against my lips.
"I'm sorry." I told him. He lightly shook his head, grinning.
"Relax, Ellie. Don't be sorry. Kaylie's not used to new places and it's pretty dark in here, which is my fault for not thinking. Next time she falls asleep here, I'll be sure to have a night light in here." I pressed my lips to his.
"I love you."
"I love you too, babes."