‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Back from the Dead

"Oh Ell, your daughter is simply beautiful." Val smiled. I smiled back.
"Thanks, Val. So tell me, when is Kaylie getting a cousin?" I asked, bumping my hip with hers.
"Not too soon. Matt and I are waiting until the right time, you know? With tour coming up soon and the loss of Jimmy, I don't want him to miss out on anything." She said. I nodded, totally understanding where she was coming from. Jimmy's smiling face popped into my head.
"I can't believe he's gone. My best friend's gone forever, and I didn't even get to say goodbye." I shook my head, tears brimming up. "It doesn't feel real."
"I know, sweetie." Val hugged me. "But at least he's in a better place, watching over all of us."
"I wanted him to meet his goddaughter." I glanced up at Val. "Jimmy is Kaylie's godfather. He was the very first person I told when I found out I was pregnant."
"Really?" Val asked. I nodded.

Bella started barking and the front door slammed shut.

"Look who's finally shown up. Done getting all prettied up?" I heard Matt greet.
"Don't you know how long it takes to look this damn good?" He chuckled. "Sorry, we had a little trouble at home." I heard his voice.

The butterflies returning from their 3 year nap. I was frozen in my spot. Unable to move.

"You okay?" Val asked, standing beside me again. It took me a minute to nod my head.
"Ye...yeah. I'm... I'm fine." I told her, my heart racing. She gave me look.
"Ell, everything will be fine. Just relax, we're all here for you. You of all people shouldn't be over reacting, he should be. He was the reason of your disappearance." Val growled the last part, clearly still unhappy about it.
"I know. I know. But I don't want it to be awkward for him to be here either. Even if he was an asshole back then." I bit my lip.
"Hon, don't you dare worry over him. He can take care of himself. He's a big boy, though he doesn't act like it most of the time." We laughed. "There now. There's that beautiful, dimpled smile of yours. C'mon, you know how these boys are. They get cranky if they don't get their beers in them soon enough." I laughed since it was true.

I had to force my frozen legs to move from their spot, to take me into the lounge room against their will. Where I would meet his eyes once again. After all these years...