‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Honey, I'm Home!

"Babe, I'm-" I began to call out as I walked in the door, spotting Ellie on the sofa crying her eyes out while watching Lion King. I couldn't help but laugh at her, setting my bags down.
She glared, wiping away the tears that fell down her face. "Stop laughing. It's not funny."
I bit my lip, trying not to laugh but failing as I chuckled. "I'm sorry, hon. But it really is." I laughed more when she threw a teddy bear at me.
"It's not! Mufasa died. Now Simba's all alone and he's just a baby." Ellie cried.
I sat beside her as I fought off another round of laughter, holding her in my arms. "Babe, if you know this will make you cry then why are you watching it?"
She sniffed. "I'm not. Kaylie was watching it until she fell asleep."
"So instead of turning it off..."
"Shut up." She muttered, smiling. God, I loved her dimpled smile.
"You're so beautiful." I admired, connecting our lips.
She blushed. "I'm not. I look like a fuckin fat pig right now." She sighed heavily.
I placed my hand over her stomach, feeling our baby move around. "Babe, you're beautiful in my eyes. And you're not a fat pig, you're pregnant."
"I'm disgustingly pregnant! I mean, look at me! My ankles are the size of fuckin bowling balls!" She lifted up her leg, showing her swollen ankles. "Don't tell me that's sexy. You're probably embarrassed to be seen with fat ol' me, you probably want to be seen walking anywhere with some skinny ass bitch on your arm. With the perfect hair and nice ass and fake tits to match."
"Ellie, you being pregnant with my child is beautiful to me. I feel like the luckiest man on earth to be holding your hand when we walk into town and shit. I don't want some skinny ass chick with me, the only girl I want is you. You and our daughter."
"Or daughters." Ellie smiled, rubbing her belly.
"I'm still banking on a son." I smirked.
She sighed, staring at her pregnant belly. "We're hungry."
I chuckled, following her into the kitchen. "These pregnancy hormones are fucking insane."
"What do you mean?" Ellie asked, dipping a pretzel stick into the mayonnaise. I made a disgusted face towards her, she grinned as she popped it in her mouth and ate it.
I smirked with a roll of my eyes. "One second you're crying, the next you're pissed the fuck off, and now you're happy as can be." I chuckled, checking our mail. "It's like walking on fucking thin ice with your emotions."
"Hey, you spilled your super sperm into me. This is what you must deal with now." She grinned, eating another mayonnaise pretzel stick. I simply nodded as I read over the invitation. "What's that?"
I handed it to her. "Your father's funeral."
She frowned, reading it. "Wow. In just a few days." Tears welled up in her eyes.
I wrapped my arms around her, kissing her forehead. "It's alright, sweetheart."
"I miss him so much." She choked out.
I hugged her tighter. "I know you do, sweetie. I know you do. He misses you too."
Soon her phone ringing interrupted us, she checked it. "It's Rayna." I nodded as I went into the living room. My phone started ringing as well. Michelle. I silently groaned to myself, answering it.

"What, Chelle?" I answered.
"So you're a Dad again?" She sneered.
"How do you know?"
"Really, Bri? It's all over the magazines and playing on TMZ right now!"
"Whatever. What's it matter to you?"
"Proves me right." You could hear the smile in her voice.
"Right about what, Chelle?" I breathed out.
"About you only wanting to impregnate Ellie."
"Really, Michelle?! You're still on this!" I yelled.
"Not until just the other day! How far along is she?"
"That's none of your concern." I growled.
"Whatever, Brian. Before I tell you the court date, you must know this."
"Whatever it is, I don't want to hear it." I sighed heavily.
"Fuck you, Brian. Here I am, just about to apologize for everything I've done to you. Confess my feelings that I still have for you and that's how you treat me? Fuck you, asshole. You're such a dick, I swear. I don't know why I even fuckin bother with you. Or develop any type of feelings for you. You're clearly nothing but a heartless man."
"You done? Cause well I'm clearly not a heartless guy if I have my daughter and girlfriend still, who happens to be carrying our second child at the moment. All of us being one big, happy family. And you only bother with me cause you don't have any guys to fuck with, so you have it lodged in your head from my stupid mistakes in the past that I'd take you back into my arms. Truth is, Chelle, I'm never taking you back. I love Ellie. She's my life. Get that through your head, will you?!" I breathed out, the weight on my shoulders lifted. "Now, when's our court date?"
"Next week, asshole." She hung up. I threw the phone to the floor, glaring at it.
"You okay?" Ellie asked softly, leaning against the archway from the kitchen to the living room.
I nodded as I dragged my hands down my face. "Yeah, just fucking perfect."
Ellie sat beside me, resting her head on my shoulder. Taking my hand in both of hers. "Want to talk about it?"
I sighed. "She's just pissed that your pregnant again."
"Why?" Her hazel green eyes full of innocent curiosity.
"Cause when we were together, she would beg me every night to give her a child. But, I refused to. And she would get snappy saying shit like, Oh if I was Ellie I bet you'd give me a child then. Every time she said that pissed me off more and more."
"Oh." Ellie nodded. I gave her hand a light squeeze.
"Honey, we're home!" Zacky called out, walking in with everyone piling in behind him.
"We really need to start locking our door." I laughed.
"Shut up, Syn. You do the exact same thing to us." Val grinned, helping Ellie up then hugging her. "Look at you! You're getting so big."
"Gee. Thanks a lot." Ellie giggled.

I smirked as I caught Johnny in a headlock, giving him noogies. Laughing when he whined, thrashing to get out of my hold. Ellie and Val giggled as they went into the kitchen, saying something along the lines of calling us their other children.