‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

4 AM

"Val! Dammit. Wait up, will you?" I called for her. She stopped, turning to look back at me with a smile.
"Sorry, I just love baby shopping." She said, excitedly.
I smiled, rubbing my belly. "I can see that."
"Ooh! Ellie, look at how cute this is." Val pointed towards a baby crib.
"Val, it's gorgeous. But look at how much it costs." I frowned.
Val shook her head. "Don't worry about that. It's going on your baby list, whether you like it or not." She snapped it with the price gun.
"Why do I get the feeling you're shopping for yourself?" I laughed, following her as she priced everything in sight.
"I'm not, I swear. I just know what you and the baby will like." She smiled, pricing a diaper bag,
I rolled my eyes, grinning at her. "Val, that's pink."
"So?" She shrugged.
I laughed. "Val! We don't know the sex of the baby!" I giggled.
Val laughed. "Oh, yeah. Sorry!"
"I'm sure your nephew will be pleased with a pink diaper bag."
Val smirked. "He'll be fabulous." She sang. We laughed. "I'm sure he'll understand."
"Yeah, Brian and I will just tell him his Aunt Val was drunk again when she bought it."
Val's jaw dropped. "I'm no drunk."
I laughed, hugging her. "That's what they all say."
She laughed, pulling out of my arms. "You're mean, you know that?"
"I have been told quite a few times." I smiled.
Val rolled her eyes. "How does Syn live with you?"
"Hey! He loves my meanness."
"When? In bed?" Val giggled.
I shrugged. "He's a kinky guy, what can I say?"
Val waved that off, checking the time. "Hell. It's 7, I'm supposed to be going to dinner with Matt in an hour." She frowned, freaking out.
"Relax, hon. We've done enough damage in here, we'll just drop me off and you can go get ready for my brother, alright? Sound good?"
Val nodded. "You sure?"
"I'm sure. I need to check on my boyfriend to see if he hasn't blown up the house yet."
Val laughed. "Alright then, let's get out of here."

When Val pulled into my driveway, I kissed her cheek as I got out. Waving as she pulled away and disappeared around the corner. I waddled up to the front door and let myself in, being greeted by Pinkly as she wagged her little tail. I cocked an eyebrow as I saw the tv on and a beer half full. That was weird. Brian never left a beer half full.

"Babe?" I called out. Nothing. "Brian, you home?" I asked. Pinkly whined at my feet. "Where's daddy, Pinkly?" I asked her. She lightly barked and ran up the stairs.

I grabbed onto the railing as I walked up the dreaded stairs, they were pure torture for pregnant women. Pinkly scratched at our bedroom door, barking and whining. I heard weird noises on the other side of the door, noises I couldn't quite name but sounding all too familiar. I threw open the door and my heart dropped to my stomach. It was deja vu all over again. I knew the sounds were familiar. I knew Brian's moans better than anyone.

I just stood there and watched as Brian pounded into her, his breathing coming out in deep ragged breaths. His thrusts getting deeper and faster as her moans got louder. Her eyes met mine and she let out an ear splitting scream. Brian stopped and followed her gaze, his eyes growing as he looked like a deer caught in headlights. I just shook my head as I turned and slammed the door shut, heading down the stairs. I felt hand on my arm, spinning me around. I couldn't look at him. I felt sick.

"Babe, it's not what you think. It's really not, I swear." He said, pulling me against him.
"Don't touch me, Haner." I growled, pulling out of his arms.
I fell to the floor, a stinging sensation on my cheek. I held my cheek as I looked up at Brian, fearfully as he glared. "Do not tell me what I can or can't do, you hear me?"
"What's wrong, baby?" She wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his arm. "Who's this?" She asked, knowing damn well who I was.
"No one, Michelle. Go back upstairs." He kissed her. She smiled, going back into our bedroom.
I stared at Brian in shock. "Brian? How could you?" Tears welled up. "I'm..I'm pregnant. With your child!"
Brian shrugged. "So? Who cares?"
"Brian.." I begged, reaching for him.
"Get away from me. I fucking hate you." He walked away from me, going back up the stairs to rejoin her. I held onto my stomach, crying on the floor.

I jolted awake as my eyes scanned around the dark room. My breathing uneven as my hands flew to my stomach, feeling the baby kick twice. My heart rate slowing just a bit. I could feel the sweat dripping down my body. I glanced over at the clock on the nightstand, 4 am. It was only a dream, I kept telling myself. I ran my fingers through my messy hair, moving it out of my face. Brian's snore beside me made me look down at him. He was curled up beside me, his arm wrapped over my waist as his mouth was slightly open. Eyeliner smudging under his closed eyes. I tore my eyes away from him, feeling sick to my stomach.

I crawled out of our bed, shushing Pinkly as she whined at the foot of the bed, and left the room. I felt disgusted laying in that bed with him, so I headed down the hall and into Kaylie's bedroom. Her Star and Moon nightlight dimly lighting up her room. I carefully crawled in beside her, draping an arm over her small figure.

"Mommy...?" She asked, sleepily.
"Ssshh. It's me, honey. Go back to sleep." I kissed her head as she turned her body, snuggling closer to me. I hid my face in her hair, shutting my eyes and letting myself drift into a dreamless slumber.