‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Baby Cookout

"How you feeling, Momma?" Val asked as her and Matt walked through the door.
I smiled. "Hey. I'm feeling great. In just a few days, Baby Haner will be here." I rubbed my baby bump.
"Shitting yourself yet?" Matt chuckled, hugging Brian.
Brian smirked. "Bet your ass I am."
"Come on. Everyone's outside." I laced my arm with Val's leading them outback.

Everyone was outback for mine and Brian's cookout. We were having a big blow out before the birth of Baby Haner in just a few days! Crazy, right? Brian has been freaking out all week. Every time I groaned and grabbed my belly, he'd have a heart attack and rush to my side. Now that it's just a few days, his teeth are set on the very edge. Everyone that was close to us was here. Mine and Matt's Mom. The Haner's. Zacky and his girlfriend, Tiffany. Johnny and his new girlfriend, Kourtney. Joey, Rayna and Eric. Even everyone's dogs were here. Joey and Rayna's dog, Roadie. Zacky's dogs, Majesty and Ichabod. Johnny's dog, Peanut. Matt and Val's dog, Bella. And of course, Pinkly.

Brian, Papa Gates and Matt huddled around the grill laughing about something. Suzy and my Mom were sitting at the table, chatting and laughing. I smiled towards them as I walked by with Val. Everyone else was in the pool. Joey holding Eric as they splashed Rayna. Brent had Kaylie on his shoulders, pretending to dunk her. Her playful scream filling my ears. Zacky doing a cannonball by the diving board at the end of the pool. Johnny tripped over Majesty and fell into the pool. Tiffany and Kourtney were sitting along the edge, giggling as they pointed at Johnny.

"Hey, Ell. Hey, Val." Rayna smiled, swimming up to the edge.
"Hi, Rayna." Val and I said together.
"Feeling okay there, Ell?" Joey asked.
I nodded. "Yeah, just a little hot." I fanned myself.
"Maybe you should cool off?" Brent smirked, splashing me. Kaylie and Eric laughed.
I playfully glared at Brent. "You're so dead when you get out, know that?"
He laughed. "You wouldn't hurt me. You love me too much."
"So much I can kill you." I smirked. "Kaylie and Eric, do you both want a hot dog or a burger?"
"Buger!" They both yelled out, splashing at the water.
"Mmkay." I grinned, stepping away from Val in time for her to be pushed into the pool by Zacky.
"Zacky!" She yelled out as she resurfaced. Zacky laughed as he ran up the grass.

I rolled my eyes as I giggled, walking up the grass to the patio. I walked up behind Brian and hugged him, soaking him from behind.

"Thanks, babe." He smirked.
I grinned. "Thank your brother for getting me wet. Speaking of which, mind taking care of him for me?"
His smirk grew. "With pleasure." With that, he took off towards the pool.
I giggled as I sat beside my Mom, who smiled my way as she placed a hand on my knee. "Stay seated, Elena. Or you'll make that baby come out earlier then needed."
I grinned. "It'll be doing me a favor. I want my baby out, I just want him or her in my arms." I said as I made Kaylie and Eric's burgers.
"Baby Haner will be here sooner than you know, sweetheart." Suzy smiled. "Waiting is only half the fun."
"I've waited 9 months, Suzy. I think I'm done with waiting now." I giggled, hearing Brent yell Fucker! and then Brian's loud laughter.
Suzy rolled her eyes with a laugh. "That's what you say now, my dear."
"It is. Right, Baby Haner?" I rubbed my belly, feeling a few good kicks. I yelped as one hit a rib.
"You okay, Ell?" Mom stood up.
"Ellie? Sweetheart?" Brian ran up the lawn and was at my side in a second flat.
I took a couple deep breaths, sitting back in my chair. "I'm fine. I'm fine. Baby Haner just got too excited and laid a good kick in the rib. I'm fine."
Brian chuckled, placing his hand where the baby kicked and hurt me. "Be nice to your mother, little one."
"Awe. How cute, Bri." Suzy and Mom grinned.
Brian smirked. "You can torture her once you get out of there."
"Oh, great. Thanks, babe." I laughed, kissing him.
He laughed. "Anytime." He kissed me a few more times. "Ay, Zack! C'mere!" Brian yelled as he waved Zacky over.
I watched them as they were talking in a serious conversation, yet again. "I wonder what those two are talking about? For the past few days Brian's been on the phone with Zack, talking so low I can't hear him."
"Maybe they're secret lovers?" Val commented, plopping in a chair soaking wet still. I gave her a look. "You never know."
"Brian is clearly not gay." I gestured to my 9 month pregnant belly.
"Could be to lead us off that idea, while he and Zack share their secret love affair?" Val shrugged.
I raised an eyebrow. "Thought about this much?"
She grinned. "Can't say I haven't."

I laughed at her, looking back over at Brian. Brian had a serious expression plastered on his face, his arms crossed over his chest as he listened to what Zack had to say. I nibbled on my lip as I watched them, thinking of things they could be talking about. Guitars? Beer? Solos? Beer? Tours? Beer? Brian nodded as he ran his hands down his face, Zacky grinned as he clapped him on the shoulder. I raised an eyebrow as Brian walked back up the lawn, keeping his eyes away from mine. And that right there gave away he was hiding something.