‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Oh, ***

"Sure you're ready for this, man?" Zacky asked as he pulled into my driveway.
I stared at my hands, my heart was beating in my ears. "Ye...yeah. I think so."
Zacky clapped my shoulder. "You can do it, Syn. Do it for her. She has to know sometime. Better sooner than later."
I sighed. "What's wrong with later?"
Zacky shrugged. "Never know what'll happen later. A fucking earthquake could happen later and you'd never know. As for now, you know what's happening since you're living in it."
I raised an eyebrow. "You are one confusing person. You know that?"
Zacky laughed. "Cheers to that, bro." I chuckled. "Dude, it's like the song says. Seize the motherfucking Day."
I took a deep breath, opening the car door and just staring at it. "Zacky. I can't do it. I can't tell her."
"You love her?"
I nodded. "Course I do."
"Then you can do it." He nodded. "She needs to know, man. It can't wait forever."
I nodded, sliding out of his car. "Thanks, man. You're the best."
"That's what Tiffany says." He winked, chuckling.
I laughed. "Fucking moron." I slammed his door shut.

I watched as Zacky pulled out of the driveway and drive back to his house, disappearing around the corner. I looked up at my house, where my pregnant girlfriend awaited for me. With my hand behind my back, I jogged up the stairs and entered the house. It was silent.

"Babe?" I called out.
"Bedroom!" She yelled.

I ran up the stairs, taking two at a time and stood in our doorway. I leaned against the door frame as I watched Ellie pack a baby bag, packing clothes for the baby that should be here any day now. My stomach did a couple flips at the thought of a newborn baby on the way. My newborn baby. Ellie looked up at me from folding clothes, a dimpled smile appearing on her gorgeous face.

"How was it at the studio?" She asked.
I nodded. "It was good. Zacky finally got his new guitar."
Ellie nodded as she folded. "About time. Sick and tired of hearing him bitch about it." She smiled.
"Where's Kaylie?" I asked, not hearing or seeing my daughter anywhere.
"With your parents at the beach." Ellie glanced up at me, setting the bag down at her feet. "Baby? Are you okay?" Worry clear in her voice.
I gave her a smile. "How much do you love me?" I asked, walking closer but not too close.
"With all my heart." She smiled for a quick second. "Brian, is everything okay?"
I shook my head. "You know, I was thinking."
"You shouldn't do that, hon." Ellie grinned.
I rolled my eyes. "Didn't you mention something about getting a dog the other day?"
"Yeah? Why?"
"What kind was it again?"
"A Border Collie. Brian, are we getting a dog?" A smile slowly appeared on her beautiful face.
I smirked, bringing my hands in front of me. "How about we have a new dog?" I showed her the Border Collie puppy I had picked up on the way home.
Ellie's jaw dropped and tears fell down her face, taking the puppy into her arms. "Oh, Brian. He's adorable."
"Why do you always call dogs boys?" I laughed, petting the puppy's head. "It's a girl. And she's all yours."
Ellie smiled. "Thank you, baby. I love her." She pressed her lips to mine.
"Read her collar, sweetheart." I said against Ellie's lips, softly.

Ellie gave me a look before checking out the puppy's collar. I watched Ellie's expression carefully. My hands on her waist tightening slightly, not too much to hurt her, in anticipation. My insides tightening up and the butterflies fluttering up my throat. My heart was once again beating quickly in my ears. Ellie's eyes widened as she read the collar, then stared at me.

"Brian..." She gasped.

I watched her as she dropped the puppy onto the bed, then her sitting on our bed. Clutching at her stomach as she hunched over. Her breathing coming out in ragged, uneven breaths. I knelt down to one knee on front of her, pushing the hair out of her face.

"Ellie, I love you so much. You mean more than the world to me. I couldn't imagine living in a world without you. Will you marry me?"
Ellie's eyes met mine. "Brian...."
"Yes, baby? What is it?" I asked in a whisper, our lips just centimeters apart.
"The baby." She breathed out heavily, her eyes watering up.
"The baby? What about the baby?"
She groaned loudly, her eyes shutting tightly. "Brian! I need to get to the hospital. NOW!"

Oh, Fuck....