Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 18

Troy’s POV

I wondered if I would ever dream of anyone but Jacob.

Well, not only that, but if I could ever dream about Jacob in a less intense way. The bonfire had left the legends fresh in my mind as Jacob drove me home.

I knew it was Jacob, because Danni was going all flirty for Embry but that was beside the point. I knew there was something going on there, but I was going to worry about it later.

Jake put me in bed too, as far as I knew, but that was all I was sure about. I mean, my mind could just be playing tricks on me, but I was half way convinced that Jacob had kissed me.

I had smiled too, because honestly, there was no denying that it didn’t feel right.

Everything with Jacob did, and I knew that if I had dreamed it, it would’ve felt that way too. The imprinting legend came to mind as I thought about my feelings for that wolf.

It was what it felt like, but Jake wasn’t doing anything about it if it was.

XxX

I walked into Geography in a hurry. There was a bit of a scuffle outside and I didn’t want to be involved if any ‘authorities’ showed up. I just got back in school, and getting expelled doesn’t sound as good as it used to.

Ms. Andres smiled at me, and nodded for me to take my usual seat by Austin, who was finishing his Spanish. (I knew he’d put it off.)

Jake was already seated, as was Embry, both of which grinned at me, before looking away in annoyance. I saw why.

Desiree and Brittany, two girls from Piper’s usual set of groupies were standing in front of their desks, flirting away. Jake’s arms were shaking and Embry looked like he had a toothache.

Seeing Desiree, a tall dark skinned, dark eyed girl with skimpy clothes and never ending legs, leaning towards, my Jacob with her top slipping down, made my blood boil.

And I think I just called Jacob mine…

I kept my head though as I casually walked over to Austin, who was giving me a ‘can you believe this?’ look.

I knew he hated girls like that, and was fighting vomit right now. Sluts irritated him, and guys who associated with them were just as bad. Jacob was trapped though, so it didn’t count, and he wasn’t enjoying it.

I thought for a short second on how to approach the situation before deciding to wing it.

The sluts weren’t even looking at me, and I took my time waltzing up to the table, before falling onto the edge and sliding to the middle in one quick movement so I was in front of the girls and the guys were to my back.

“Desiree, Brittany,” I said stiffly, cocking a head to the side and smiling happily.

“Trinity,” they said in union, fear on their faces. The look seemed to grow when I glared at the pair, my eyes narrowing into dangerous, jealous, slits at them.

They backed up quickly and retreated to the desks in the front of the room. “It’s Troy!” I called when they were gone, but they didn’t turn around. I smiled bleakly.

“You have them on a leash huh?” Jacob’s impressed voice teased behind me. I turned sideways to him, my smile growing at the smirk on his face.

“They only fear me because I destroyed their leader,” I said with fake seriousness. Jacob and Embry chuckled and I talked with them until the bell rang.

“Okay class is in session, Troy, off the desk please,” Ms. Andres called, smirking back at me. I smiled at her and jumped down before taking my seat.

I caught Jacob’s eye a few times as the lesson went on and shot him a smile.

The bell rang soon, and I suffered through Algebra alone (Nat was out sick) before going to the Government class I had with Jake.

He and Embry were talking when I walked in though, so I didn’t have the chance to talk to him before the teacher started talking about something to do with federal law.

Jacob’s POV

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Troy walk into government, with Embry still talking to me. My mind flashed back to earlier today and when those two girls attempted to get at me and Embry.

They would’ve had better luck with Paul, and I was a lost cause. I hated girls like that, and I loved Troy.

Embry jabbered away, and I wasn’t paying much attention but his thoughts must have been in tune with mine because suddenly Troy was a topic of conversation.

“Dude, your imprint’s possessive,” Embry muttered, smirking at me when she walked past. I glared at him, but secretly liked the idea of Troy wanting me.

He chuckled and I changed the subject.

“Do you think Danni would have done the same as Troy if she went to school with us?” I asked casually, but got the satisfaction of watching the shock flash across his face before he turned red.

Time to see what this boy knows…

“You guys clicked really fast last night,” I hinted, and he finally got himself together enough to glare back at me, and then sigh in defeat when it was no match for mine.

Class had started, but the teacher wasn’t paying attention and we weren’t the last two still speaking.

“Yeah,” Embry sighed, beaten, “I imprinted on her,” he said and a bit of a smile tugged at his lips. I felt my eyes widen.

I knew it.

“You did what?” I hissed, but a little too loud because I was given a warning glare from the teacher, causing me to sink a little lower in my seat before she continued.

Troy was staring at me and I could tell she was hiding a laugh. I smiled sheepishly at her and I saw her shoulders shake slightly as she turned her head.

Embry sighed, very lowly and straightened up in his seat. “Later,” he muttered.

Troy’s POV

Jacob caught me after class, his hot hand gripping my arm and tugging me backwards so I crashed into his body. The only thing stopping me from smashing my head on his broad chest was that he grabbed me with his other hand.

“Can I help you?” I asked, breathlessly, but he was already dragging me away. We were hidden behind the walls of the closest building and I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Sorry,” he muttered, dropping my arm and looking slightly excited. “I really needed to talk to you,” he said jumpily.

I laughed at the look on his face, trying to keep it down so no one traversing the school grounds would hear me, “Okay then talk,” I said smiling. Without another word he spilled.

“Embry imprinted on Danni,” he said in a gust. I felt confusion flash across my face, but then my grin grew wider.

I knew it!

“Really?” I asked, my teeth flashing with the size of my smile. He nodded, looking back over his shoulder, before looking back with a pleading look. “Don’t tell him I told you,” he begged, and I just nodded.

The bell rang, but I hardly cared- I knew the Spanish teacher wouldn’t mind as long as I apologized in Spanish.

Jake really needed to learn something though, so we walked back together, and I got him out of trouble before we both sat down. Our desks weren’t assigned in this class, and the only two left were beside each other. Figures.

I could hear the whispers and the start of rumors as we walked down and sat, and it made me roll my eyes. Jake didn’t seem bothered though, and just ignored it as the lecture started.

We walked to lunch together next period, but separated since Paul and his friends sat far away from Antoine and mine.

It was the usual chaos at our table, like I’d never been gone, and hadn’t just returned yesterday.

While we were eating, some of my tiredness from last night seemed to hit me, and I felt myself slumping over in my seat as Mark and Chelsea talked and Austin sulked over Nat being out. He hoped she’d get better soon, and we all reassured him it was probably just a 24 hour bug.

I was dead beat though.

Antoine threw a fry at me when my eyes fell and I jerked up. I glared at him, and he snickered at me. For some reason, I never seemed to catch half the conversations Antoine tries to have with me.

“Troy, were you even listening?” he said, like the routine usually went. I shook my head in response, which was also part of the routine.

He repeated whatever he’d said and it caught my interest this time.

“What are you doing this weekend?” he said, as if it was the most casual thing in the world. Any other weekend it would’ve been. But not this time.

This time, the date seemed to smack me in the face. I had a hard time controlling my expression.

What could I tell him? Nothing that wouldn’t be a lie, because I couldn’t tell my friends at school that I was starting the beginning process in becoming a werewolf.

“I’m hanging out with my friends from Port Angeles, Im completely booked all weekend.” I lied partially, because some of it was true. Everything but the hanging part that is.

All weekend I was booked.

Friday night, I changed, and I’d be a wolf, and then Saturday I’d be too sore to move, according to what Katara told me. Part of me hoped that last part was wrong though. I wasn’t looking forward to that.

Out the corner of my eye, I saw Jacob, trying to be discreet about it, but failing, staring at me from his table and I childishly looked away.

The pain wasn’t the only part of this change I wasn’t looking forward too.