Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Oops

***Rayna's P.O.V**

As I watched Chris sing "Take Me Away" I tensed. Next was their closer. "The Chain". I hadn't sang or performed in front of a crowd in a long time. Joey had his hands on my shoulder trying to reassure me I'd be fine.

"I can't do this. I'm gonna screw it up."

Joey turned me around to face him. I stared right into his crystal blue eyes enhanced by the black paint circling them.

"You'll be fine. You went over the song like 5 times. I'll be right here when you get off."
I took a deep breath and nodded. I had to do this.

"Alright alright calm down. Now to close up our set we have someone very special to us coming out here."

I turned to see Mikey walking over to me with his hand out. I took his hand and waved to Joey as I walked into the bright lights.
I joined a very sweaty Chris next to the mic as he introduced me.

"Ok. This is Rayna. I've known her since we were like 10. We're gonna sing a little song by Fleetwood Mac called "The Chain"".

He mouthed, "You ready?"
I nodded and took the mic as the intro began playing.
I looked over to the backstage area and saw Joey watching, I braced myself for when the lyrics started.

“Listen to the wind blow watch the sun rise.
Run in the shadows
Damn your love damn your lies
And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain
And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain
(Come to me)
Listen to the wind blow down comes the night
Run in the shadows
Damn your love damn your lies
Break the silence
Damn the dark damn the light
And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain
And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain
And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain
Chain...keeps us together
(Run into the shadows)
Chain...keeps us together
(Run into the shadows)
Chain...keeps us together
(Run into the shadows)".

Singing again with these guys was like it was when we were in high school. Chris was as spazzy as always running around the stage during the song. Mikey nailed his solo. Andrew and Chris sang the back up as I took the main vocals. I would every so often look over at Joey as if I was singing to him.

He looked proud of me. As I sang the last lyric I looked over at Chris who had a huge smile on his face and bowed.
"Thank you!!! Give a huge round of applause for our friend Ray!!" The crowd erupted in a huge roar of applause as I waved and walked off to Joey.

"You were great!"
I kissed him softly as he grabbed me a hug.

"I'm glad you liked it. Now go get ready you have like fifteen minutes."

"Ray!! You still got it!"

I turned to see Chris and Mikey coming offstage. When they went to grab me in a hug I pushed them aside.
"Fuck that. Shower and change first."

They laughed and walked off to their dressing room.

"You gonna watch me?"

"Nah I think I'll take a nap."
I laughed at Joey's shocked expression.

"Of course I'm going to watch. Remember it's my first SlipKnot concert and I scored the best seats."

We talked for a little bit until Corey came running up and told Joey they were gonna huddle. He kissed me really quick as he ran off with Corey.
As I stood there waiting Steph joined me and asked if I was ready.

"Yes and no. I think the hard part for me is over."

"True. How was it? Getting onstage?"

"Nerve racking. Wait....Is Joey doing the suspended solo?"

"Yeah. Didn't he tell you that?"

"No..."

I watched as the roadies carried his seat next to the drum kit. Just looking at it made me fear for him. When his solo came up they slid it in and locked it in place then strapped him in.

"He'll be fine Ray. Joey's tough, he's done it a hundred times."
I nodded.

We talked awhile until the guys walked up. They all had their masks on and I noticed Joey had his tree branch gloves on.
He walked over to us and said something I couldn't make out.

"What?"

"........"

"What the fuck are you saying?"

He picked the mask up a little and said, "I said...We're about to go on. Love you."

"Oh love you too. Break a leg."

Corey hugged Steph and walked on with Joey.
"Ready to get your mind blown?"

I looked over at Steph as she hopped from one foot to another.
"You gotta pee or something?"

"Nope just excited.".

"Mhm..."
I watched as the guys took their places as the lights slowly rose. Joey had his arms crossed over his chest and his feet up on the drum kit.
The lights flashed as he threw off the gloves and they started "Duality."
When Corey started singing Steph and I sang along softly trying to listen to them.
I laughed a little to myself watching Joey drum with his hair flying everywhere. Mick and Jim were even more amazing on guitar live than I could have ever expected on CD. Everyone was. Clown made me jump a little the first time he banged on the beer keg.
When they started playing "Spit It Out" Steph whispered in my ear that we had to get down also.

"Why?".

"If we don't and he sees me I won't hear the end of it."

I laughed and agreed.
When Corey told the audience to get down we joined. It was amazing how the audience listened to Corey no matter what he asked.

After they finished Steph told me that Joey was about to do his solo. She led me to a different area where I could watch better.
I watched Joey get strapped in and noticed that he kept cracking his knuckles.
As the lights came on I began to get nervous. He played with no fear even when the drum kit began to rise and turn.

Then the really nerve wracking moment, for me at least, came. The drum kit began to tilt up. His hair was in his face and he was suspended perfectly up. I grabbed Steph's hand never letting my eyes leave him. Then the lights flashed off and flashed a pentagram as the kit lowered down slowly.

When it was finally on the ground a roadie ran over and unstrapped him quickly so he could stand up and flip off the crowd.
Joey ran offstage over to us and grabbed me in a hug despite me not wanting to get a sweaty hug.
I heard him laughing as he went back to the drum kit which had the regular seat now behind it.

They ended the concert with Vermillion. As I sang along Steph began mumbling about it being weird.

"What's weird?"

"Oh they just never end it with a slower song."

"Hmm I could care less I love this song."

"Never mind that's why they did it."

She walked off to the backstage area before I could ask her anything else. As Corey said his good nights I followed Steph.
"What did you mean that's why?"

"Oh nothing. Forget it. I'm tired."

"I'm sooo fucking hyper!!!"

"Good. I can use that to my advantage."
I turned to see Joey behind me with his mask in hand and his sweaty hair plastered to his face and neck.

"You were amazing. Why didn’t you tell me you were doing that solo?"

"I uh forgot?"
I smacked his chest playfully.

"Liar."
He leaned in to kiss me but I dodged it.

"What?"

"Shower. You smell."

"Thanks I feel the love."

I stuck my tongue at him as he walked to the dressing room with the others.
I sat on the couch next to Steph as she nudged me and motioned to the hallway. I turned to see Mikey standing in the hallway staring at me.

"Problem?"

He laughed, "No. I wanted to talk to you."

"Talk."

"In private?"

Steph nodded for me to go. I got up slowly and followed Mikey to an empty dressing room.
As we entered I sat on the counter as he leaned against the wall.

"What's up?"

"I was talking to Chris. He wanted to know if you'd ummm record another demo with us."

"Another demo? But I don't know any of your new stuff."

"It's not the new stuff. We're gonna record your songs."

"My songs?"

"Yeah."

"What songs?"

"The ones you kept in that binder. Chris found them at his place."

"Those? They suck."

"We can fix them."

"I'll ask Joey."

"No you won't."
I looked up to see Joey walking in.

"You'll record them. Chris just told me about them."

"I can't."

"Just like you couldn't go onstage tonight and rock the house like you did?"

"That's different."

"How?"

"I really don't know."

"When you record you have like a million chances to fuck up. Live you have one. You didn't fuck up."

"Ray. We can record at the house."

"Fine.... Damn talk about pressure."

Joey walked over to me and picked me up off the counter. Mikey hugged me and left the room.
"So....I showered. Can I touch you now?"

"No. But you can touch me when we get to the hotel."

"Oh? You mean you're gonna put on that little outfit for me?"

I gave him a little smirk, "If you’re lucky."

When everyone was finally ready we all left the venue to get to the hotel. It seemed like everyone except Joey was acting like zombies. Giving him that coffee was smart.
When we got into the room I made him sit on the bed and wait.

"Tease."

I grabbed the outfit out of my bag and rushed into the bathroom.
I quickly threw off my clothes and carefully pulled up the fishnet stocking and ruffled underwear. As I put on the red and black corset I could hear Joey telling me to hurry up.

"You can't rush me!"

"I can if I go in the bathroom and pull you out!"

"Locks are wonderful things!"

"Damnit."
I laughed as I teased out my hair a little bit and looked myself over in the mirror. Perfect.
I slowly opened the door and walked out.

"Holy....Shit... You’re not allowed to leave my sight anymore."

I laughed a little as he motioned for me to go to him.
"So I'm guessing you like it?"

"Oh you have no idea."

I kissed him softly letting him deepen it as much as he liked.
I felt his hands travel up my body as mine went around his neck.
I slowly pulled his shirt off as he began pulling down my fishnets.
I laughed when I felt his hand on my butt.

"I like the ruffles."

"You would."

He laughed and kissed me again before pulling off his belt and pants. I pushed my hair behind my neck and placed his hands on the bottom of the corset leading his hands up to unbutton it.
The smile never left his face the entire time.
Before I knew out clothes were strewn across the room and we were lying close to each other breathing heavily.

He kissed the top of my head as he twirled my hair around his finger.

"I could get used to this."
I laughed a little, "Me too."

He pulled the blanket up covering my bare shoulders. I then gasped. Oh My God..... We forgot to use a....
"JOEY!!!"

He jerked up, "What???"

"Did you put on a..."
I pointed down to his crotch.

His eyes widened.
"Oh shit."

We had just fucked up.....big time.