Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

A tearful homecoming

***Rayna's P.O.V***

Three days after Eric's birth the doctor said we could go home. Joey only left my side to go home to feed Roadie and Mokie, shower, and pick up Wednesday.
As I changed Eric and Joey packed up his bag Wednesday struggled getting the stroller standing upright.

"Fucking thing won't...ugh"

"Wednesday slow down and don't get pissed over it."

"Fuck your parenting clam-ness!"
Joey laughed at Wednesday and helped him set up the stroller. It seemed to amuse Eric every time they cussed or let the stroller fall to the ground.

"Aww he's smiling."
I looked over at the door to see Steph standing there with Corey's son Griffin.

"Steph can you help these two with the stroller?"

"No prob. Just came by to see you guys off anyways."

Steph walked over to the still folded stroller, pushing Joey and Wednesday aside and quickly unfolded it making it stand straight up.
"Success."

"Finally."
I held Eric as Joey came over to me and kissed me before saying we should go.

"Can't wait to get home."

"Roadie misses you. Mokie misses you. I miss being in our bed with you."

"Hey! No dirty talk. Sensitive ears around."
We laughed Wednesday off, put Eric in the stroller and went to the car. As Joey put Eric in the car seat (which he had proudly put in himself) I talked to Stephanie.

"So, what's the first night like?"

"I don’t know. Griffin isn’t mine. He's Cory's ex wife's."

"Oh. I forgot."

"It's fine. Let's just say you want Eric to be a lot like Grif. Especially how he is now."

"Oh because he's so calm and quiet?"

"Mhm. One min, Griffin! Don't bother Joey! No. Stop. Don’t bother Wednesday either. Step back. More. O.k."

I turned around o see Griffin standing next to Joey watching over his shoulder.
"Rayna! All set?"

I hugged Steph really quick as she led Griffin to their car and I got in the passenger seat of ours with Wednesday in the back sitting next to Eric. I laid my hand in the middle smiling when Joey put his free hand on top of mine. I started my life with barely anything and now i had everything I could ever imagine.

When we drove up to the house I could hear Roadie barking the closer we got to the front door. I carefully carried Eric in his carrier as Joey had the baby bag and Wednesday opened the front door.

Wednesday got Roadie out of his crate and held his collar as we let him sniff Eric. Roadie quickly began wagging his tail excitedly and licked Eric's face. What a relief Roadie was being good around the baby. Wednesday let go of his collar as Roadie sniffed him once more and walked out the doggy door leading to the backyard.
Everything was going perfect for now.

About a month had passed since we brought Eric home. Mokie usually just ignored him while Roadie (now huge!) never seemed to leave his side. One day while Joey was in his studio I took Eric in to see him.

"How are my two favorite people?"

"We're good just missing daddy's smile."

"Eric is or you are?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

Joey laughed and got up grabbing us in a hug. I could hear Joey hum a familiar tune as we swayed from side to side with Eric between us. I laid my head in the crook of his neck laughing when his hair tickled my nose. I felt his hands travel down lower stopping above my waist as he whispered, "I love you guys."

I turned to look out of the studio seeing Wednesday with tears falling down his eyes before he quickly walked towards the stairs.

***Joey's P.O.V***

"Joey. Wednesday was..."

Joey pulled away before replying, "Was what?"

"Crying. He looked like he was about to cry."

"Oh. I'll go talk to him."

I quickly kissed Rayna and Eric on the forehead before leaving the studio. Why would he be crying? I ran up the stairs and walked to Wednesday's room where he was sitting on the edge of the bed with his face in his hands and his shoulder heaving up and down. I slowly walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder, making him jump a little before realizing it was me.

"Wednesday. Are you ok?"
He wiped his eyes before shaking his head no.

"Seeing you with Rayna and Eric so happy and in love makes me miss..."

"Roxanne and Zoie?"

"I just miss holding her. Both of them. Well actually not Roxanne but Zoie. She was the only thing i felt was 100% mine until Roxanne left."

"Wednesday, you know I’m here for you. If you want to see Zoie I'm sure we can arrange it."

"No because Roxanne refuses to let me see her. She said that if I try again she'll get a restraining order."

"That's bullshit!"

"I know but I didn’t really think about it until Eric was born. Hell even when Rayna was still pregnant. It was like just a bunch of memories came back."

I put my hand on Wednesday's shoulder again trying to show him that was here for him.
"It's just I know Eric is going to get older, your going to tour more with SlipKnoT because Rayna's such a huge fan."

"What? I'm touring with both SlipKnoT and Murderdolls as much as I do now. She loves both. You shouldn't know this but she has the Ghoul Scout logo on her hip. Yes, Eric is going to get older. So what?"

"You’re going to want your space especially if you want another kid."

Wednesday don’t ever think that! We just had our first another is something that hasn’t even crossed our minds. Even if we did we would never kick you out. We'd move before we did that."

"Why I'm not family?"

"Not family? Of course your family. Wednesday you’re more than just the lead singer of a band I'm in. You’re more than my best friend. You’re a brother to me."

"Really?"

"Of course. I mean in the most non gay way ever I love you."

Wednesday wiped his eyes again and nodded.
"I love you too. But you have a family now."

"So do you. Rayna adores you. I want you to be there as Eric grows up. You've been through it. We have no clue what the fuck we're doing."

Both of us laughed in agreement as Rayna walked in the room holding Eric with a big smile across her face.
"Joey's right. We love you Wednesday. I know Roxanne is a bitch and you can't be there for Zoie as her father but can you be there for Eric as his uncle?"

Of course!"

I hugged Wednesday as Rayna walked in the rest of the way and handed Eric to Wednesday. Seeing the look on his face as he held Eric made me know that everything was going to be perfect.

At least I hoped so...