Shine a Light on Me

Baby Julian

Jackie watched Julian as he bounced in his Bouncer, smiling to himself as he played and watched Jackie.
Crane sat next to Jackie against the couch, watching Julian as he held onto Boo Boo; almost cuddling with the soft animal as he watched his son.
It was quiet while they both watched Julian; Jackie cleared her throat and turned to Crane “…I heard you said,” she spoke softly.
Crane turned to her, confused as he played with Boo Boo, his glasses somewhat hiding his fear of what she was talking about.
“…about me hating you all the time.” Jackie went on to say, turning back to Julian who stopped bouncing and looked at Crane.
Jackie turned to him “I don’t hate you; I’m just—frustrated, Jonathan!” she confessed to him; her entire body shifting towards him.
“I’m scared. I’m confused, frightened…” she whispered to him, turning away to hide the forming tears.
Jonathan softly grabbed a hold of her arm and made him face her again “You have nothing to be afraid of! Jackie, I love you, and I love Julian; and I would give anything to make sure you both were and are safe.” He told her, taking her hand softly.
Jackie wiped away a tear that started streaming down her face, noticing that beyond Crane’s glasses he too was letting a tear fall down his cheek.
“Why are you crying?” Jackie asked, smiling to herself.
Crane shook his head “Cause I’m sorry, why are you crying?” he asked.
Jackie looked back to Julian and sighed “…I’m gonna blame post-partum depression.” She remarked.
Crane smiled as he wrapped his arms around her, kissing her cheek as he chuckled at her “Well don’t…and kiss me.” He told her.
Jackie turned and kissed Crane softly, combing her fingers through his hair as she did while he leaned in to kiss her a little more passionately.
Crane began to push Jackie on the carpet as he continued to kiss her, trying not to move Julian as he began to make out with the mother of his son; just then Julian ruined the moment.
They could tell by the sound of it that Julian was in need of a diaper change; they remained quiet as they stopped kissing and looked at each other.
“OH MY GOD---I could hear that from over here! What did you feed him, Jackie!?” Edward asked from the back bedroom.
Jackie turned to Julian who giggled as he reached out for his foot; she cleared her throat once again before she got up off the floor and walked away towards the kitchen.
“Oh, that is not fair! You cannot leave me this one!” Crane said, sitting back up against the couch.
Jackie smirked as she opened the fridge and pretended to be busy to throw the diaper change on Crane, who turned to his son and grimaced “You did that on purpose, didn’t you?” he asked.
Julian giggled as he looked at his father, who sighed and unbuckled Julian from his seat “Yeah, you want mom *all* to yourself so you ruin my mommy time. Ruthless child!” he said, walking into the bedroom.
“Just like his father!” Jackie remarked, giggling as Crane gave her an evil eye.

They lied in bed, Julian was asleep in the crib and all Jackie and Crane did was look into each others eyes.
Jackie moved closer and began to nip at Crane’s neck, teasing him as she pushed her knee against his private area, causing him to moan softly; pushing her knee away from his are.
“Not with Julian in the room.” Crane told her, scooting closer to her in the bed.
Jackie shook her head “I swear, you lost all your cool points when he was born.” She said, cuddling with Crane.
Crane smiled as he stroked her hair “Not entirely, maybe we can get away long enough tomorrow to have some ‘mommy and daddy’ time.” He whispered to her.
Jackie smiled as she kissed him “Okay.” She whispered softly to him.
Crane stroked her hair as he continued to look in her arms, he smiled as he kissed again “I love you.” He whispered to her.
Jackie smiled as she rested her arm against his chest, looking into his eyes while they enjoyed the sound of silence in their bedroom.

He watched her sleep peacefully; she was curled up against his chest in bed the following morning.
Crane smiled as he brushed noses with her softly, feeling her breathing against his skin as he held her close.
“Jon?” she whispered, slowly opening her eyes to meet his.
Crane smiled back at her as he stroked her arm “…tell me a story.” He told her.
“A story?” she asked him.
Crane nodded “Tell me something about—I don’t know, better days.” He said, moving closer to her.
Jackie smiled as she thought for a moment “…well, I remember when…when I had just gone to live with Alfred and Bruce.” She said, remembering everything.
“I was fifteen, and The Joker was reeking havoc in Gotham…I had gotten involved with Batman and I remember I snuck out of class to go to Commissioner Loeb’s funeral…I watched Gordon get shot.” She muttered softly.
Crane could tell she was remembering the whole ordeal; Jackie took a deep breathe as she relaxed for a moment.
“I cried for days…and then I was with Batman and right when I thought we were both gonners---he showed up. And I don’t think I’ve ever felt so safe in my entire life than in that moment.” Jackie muttered softly.
Crane took her hand and smiled “…because you had your team.” He told her.
Jackie shook her head “No, I think Batman had his team.”
“…then who is your team?” Crane asked, leaning in closer to Jackie before he kissed her passionately.
He rolled on top of her softly, his kiss getting in more depth as he stroked her hair softly as he did.
Jackie giggled as she pushed Crane away “…what did you say about not doing ‘it’ with Julian in the room?” she asked, mocking him and his words.
Crane cocked an eye brow as he looked at her “…you’re hilarious.” He said, rolling off of his girlfriend and lying in bed.