Status: Working on it. :) Please please please comment!

Superhero Origins: Watercat

Zap

Wally was sitting in his mother's car, watching the trees and buildings pass by. He caught a glimpse of a couple sitting on a park bench. They were holding hands and looking at each other lovingly. He started to think about Haley. Her chestnut eyes, her shoulder length brown hair, and her evenly set figure. She had such a great sense of humor. And she was a great friend. This is what Wally loved about her. But he would never know if she felt the same way. They had been friends for so long, he didn't want to risk ruining it by telling her how he felt.

The car stopped outside Central City Police Station. It was a tall, grey, brick building with tons of windows and a lightning rod at the top.

"We're here Wally." Iris said cheerfully, as she fiddled around with her cell phone.

"Yeah. Ok. What floor is he on again?" he said, snapping out of the trance he was in.

"I think he said the 5th floor, but ask the receptionist in the lobby just in case."

Wally sighed. He hated it when his mom treated him like he was 5. Yeah, he had a tendency to forget stuff, but he didn't have Alzheimers.

"Ok. Are you picking me up tonight, or does Uncle Barry need to bring me home?"

She was still tapping on the screen and keys of the phone.

"Mom!" he shouting.

He scared Iris causing her to jump, drop her phone in between the seats, and honk the horn all at the same time.

"Jeez Wally! Don't do that! God....I'll pick you up at his apartment." she said with a snap to her tone.

He couldn't help but laugh. Seeing his mom freak out was funny. She started to laugh too.

"Get out of the car and go bother your uncle." she giggled.

"Later!" he said as he shut the car door.

He watched his mom drive off before walking in the big grey building. The lobby reminded him of a secret agent base. Chrome desks, leather chairs, tons of men and women in suits and police uniforms, and the occasional lab coat. He felt somewhat out of place in a red t-shirt, denim jeans, and black converse.

He looked around and saw a blonde man in a lab coat waving in his direction.

Barry Allen.

They started walking towards each other, dodging people with every step.

"Hey, there's my favorite nephew." Barry said as he pulled Wally into a hug.

Wally felt slightly embarrassed, having his uncle hug him in a room full of strangers.

"I'm your only nephew, last time I checked." he replied sarcastically.

"Come on, I've got some stuff to finish up in the lab, then we can head over to the apartment."

"Alright." Wally said.

Barry grabbed some files off of one of the chrome desks and they walked to the elevator.

The silver doors opened as soon as the annoying "ping" sound went off. It was empty, thankfully. Wally wasn't particularly fond of crowded elevators. They were just awkward.

Ping!

5th floor.

They walked into an empty lab that had chemicals and computers everywhere. All these different machines, and Wally had no idea what each one did. He refrained himself from pushing all the buttons.

He sat down his bag and walked over to where Barry was sitting.

"So what case are you working on? Homicide? Hit and run?" he said as he sat down in the rotating office chair beside his uncle.

"Classified. Sorry champ." he replied while typing on the computer.

"Right." Wally said sarcastically while looking around.

Barry Allen worked in the crime lab at the station, working with chemicals and testing evidence. He had worked there since he graduated Central City University. His degree was hanging on the wall next to several others.

It took about 45 minutes until Barry was finished.

"Alright. The station should be cleared out, and I'm finally finished. I swear, the worst part about this job is doing paperwork." he said as he got up.

"Right, because testing blood stains on clothes isn't fun." Wally said with a smirk.

"Haha. Very funny." Barry replied. "Come on. Let's get out of this place."

Wally got out of the chair. He looked out the window. He hadn't noticed it had started to rain. Actually, it was coming down.

It wasn't until they were on the elevator passing the third floor when Wally realized he left his bag by the desk.

"Hey, you're gonna hate me for this, but I sorta left my bag by your desk." he mumbled.

Barry sighed.

"I honestly don't understand how you are so forgetful. Being slow DEFINITELY doesn't run in the family." he joked.

He hit the 5th floor button and handed Wally his key as he walked out of the elevator.

"Make it quick." he said with a wink.

The moment the doors opened, Wally ran over to the door and unlocked it. He ran inside and bumped into a counter, spilling chemicals all over his clothes.

"Great." he said.

He started walking this time over to Barry's desk. Wally picked up his bag, and walked towards the door. The strap on the bag suddenly ripped. It fell to the floor. He kicked it.

"So not worth it."

Other than the huge flash of light, and the huge electric shock he received, that was the last thing Wally remembered before he crashed to the floor.

When he woke up, his body (especially his legs) was pulsing. It was as if electricity was running through his veins instead of blood. Like a sugar rush times ten, minus the sugar.

He stood up quickly, but much quicker than any normal human being would after being hit by lightning.

Only one thing ran through his mind though.

"Barry is gonna kill me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Don't be a silent reader. Let me know what you think. Rate and comment!