Status: Just started..comments will help me out alot :)

Growing Old

The Hardest Part

I woke up today on a late Sunday morning. My parents and sisters already left for church. I believed in God and everything but I would like to appreciate him in my own way.

I got out of my bed and headed for the bathroom. Today was the day, when I finally was going to get out of this town. Jake already got his 1968 van and we're out. Only me and Jake knew about this. I had to tell my girlfriend Gabriella today and that's what I was getting ready for. We've been together since we were in eighth grade and parting with her would tear my heart but I had to get out of here and start my life.

I showered and put on black skinny jeans and faded blue shirt with a pair of flip flops. I let my hair do whatever it felt like and headed out. I walked two blocks away from my house and knocked on Gabriella's door.

"Hey babe," She said was she opened the door and saw it was me. She let me and led me to her couch. "Um I need to tell you something," She said. "Same here, but you can go first." "Well, She turned and looked towards the kitchen. "Johnny!" She shouted. Johnny? a guy about six feet tall came in dressed in leather pants a tank top and a leather jacket came into the living room and put his arm around Gabriella. "Wait what's going on?" I asked.

"Well, I found someone else and have been meaning to tell you. Babe I'll always love you but I want some change." Was I hearing her correctly? I blinked twice. She had a smile plastered on her face. "That's, well that just great. Because I came here to tell you today that I got two different girls pregnant while we were dating."

Her smile dropped. "Seriously? That's-" "No I didn't. I just needed to say something more shocking than you. Actually I came here to propose to you." "What!" She screamed. "Kidding I came by to tell you I'm leaving and never coming back." With that I walked to the front door and left.

I walked back to my place with my hands in my pocket. Great, this is what I didn't need right now. A broken heart. And even though I had to tell my parents that I was leaving that was the hardest part.