The Beating of Our Hearts

The Beating of Our Hearts - 43

I took Jared’s hand and led him to the sofa, my stomach flipping like an acrobat as I contemplated what I was about to admit to him.
As soon as we were sat down, Jared turned to face me and grabbed both of my hands in his own.
“Riley, please, there’s something you need to know.”
“I’ve got something I need to say to you as well.”
“Please, let me say this before I fuck it up again.” Jared pleaded, his sapphire eyes sparkling with tension.
“Again?” I said questioningly.

“It’s something I tried to tell you on New Year’s, but I got interrupted, then I chickened out. But that’s not going to happen this time. Because nothing is going to distract me from what I have to say, what I need you to hear. Ever since I met you at that Spring Fair last year, you’ve been lodged in my mind.

There hasn’t been a day gone by that I haven’t thought of you. Every second I was on tour I was missing you. That kiss before I left was one of the best moments of my life. And then on New Year’s, my heart soared when you kissed back. I thought it was too good to be true. And then I fucked it up, I said the most stupid thing I think I’ve ever said, and it pushed you away. Then tonight, when I saw you with Jacob, something snapped. I knew without a doubt what I wanted, and I had to come see you.

I couldn’t stand the fact that I thought that you were here with Jacob. Because I knew he could never love you the way I do. I love you Riley, more than I’ve ever loved anyone; more than my mom, more than my music, more than anything.” Jared confessed, his gaze never wavering from our matching blue eyes.

I sat stunned at his monologue. He had just said everything I had ever longed for him to say since the moment we met. My heart was soaring and my mind was a jumble with all the new information.
“Please...Riley, say something.” Jared pleaded, now looking scared.
“Jared...I had basically the exact same speech prepared, with a few small differences. But the ending was the same. That I completely love you. I never thought I could have such a strong feeling, but it feels like my heart is going to burst if I keep it in any longer.”

Jared’s eyes lit up as I finally spilled my feelings into the open.
“Riley...” He whispered, leaning towards me.
“Yeah.” I answered, letting my gaze drift down to his soft lips.
“I’ve waited so long to do this.” He wound his hand through my hair and closed the gap between us. His lips pressed against mine in a slow dance, gently opening my mouth with his own and working his tongue against mine. I could feel the passion and love flowing between us as our lips massaged each other.

When they finally pried apart, I kept my eyes closed a moment longer, savouring the moment.
“What are you talking about? We’ve done that before.” I whispered against his lips.
“Yeah, but I haven’t been able to do this.” I could hear the mischievous smile.

He pressed his lips against mine once more, but this time with more lust involved. His hand that was on the back of my neck suddenly pulled me forward, causing my body to move towards Jared’s chest. To stop myself overbalancing, I scooted myself closer to him. By now I was straddling Jared. My legs on either side of his, our torso’s pressed together and our hands wound in each other’s hair.

“Hey.” Jared murmured against my lips, tickling them slightly.
“Hey yourself.” I smirked.
“Fuck, you don’t know how happy you’ve made me.” Jared’s smile was so genuine and gorgeous.
“About as happy as you’ve made me.” I said cheesily.
“Happier.” He said, reconnecting our lips.
We stayed in that position for several more minutes when I started to feel how happy he was.
“Oh, that happy, huh?” I chuckled.
“What can I say; you have an amazing effect on me.” Jared said huskily.
“Is that so?” I laughed quietly.
“Most definitely.”
“Well then...” I leaned away from Jared, causing him to moan lightly at the distance.

I didn’t say anything and I didn’t break eye contact with the man I had between my thighs. I found his hands with my own and guided them to the belt on my dressing gown. From there his hands knew what to do on their own. They hastily undid the knot.

I suddenly became nervous about what Jared’s hands were about to reveal. I pressed our lips together again to distract Jared. But his hands were on a one track mission now. After undoing the knot quickly, they slowly slid up the outside of the dressing gown until they reached my neckline. From there, they crept gradually under the collar before leisurely revealing the skin of my collarbone and shoulders.

Then for some reason, his hands stopped their course and returned to tangle themselves in my hair. Jared’s lips left mine and travelled a new course down to my throat; my weak spot. As soon as he reached the hollow below my ear, I let out a soft moan.

“You like that?” Jared whispered seductively.
“My weak spot.” I managed to gasp.
“Well, in that case...” Jared reattached his lips to that spot, giving all of his attention to it.

I groaned in pleasure, tilting my head to the side to give him more access. He chuckled into my neck at my reaction.
His hands removed themselves from my hair and returned their mission concerning my dressing gown, pulling it ever lower down my arms, revealing my preparations from when before Jared arrived. Jared was too preoccupied with caressing my neck with his lips that he hadn’t noticed what he had uncovered from under my dressing gown which was now strewn on the floor.

I pulled Jared’s lips back to my own, this time fighting for dominance. The passion between us heightened, my heart raced and I could feel my breath coming in shorter gasps. My hands quickly made their way to the hem of Jared’s shirt, pulling it up quickly. Jared got the gist and yanked it off the rest of the way. It was then that he finally noticed.

When Shannon texted me saying that Jared would probably be coming over, I think I knew where it was going to end up. I cracked out a purchase I made before I even moved to LA, but never put to use. It was a set of black silk bra and panties with a sheer black chiffon baby doll with a red silk hemming. Yeah, I went a bit overboard, but I wanted to drive Jared wild.

Jared’s eyes almost popped out of their sockets as they took in my outfit. I must admit, I got a thrill out of the hungry look in his eyes, how I caused it.
He grabbed me, pulling me tightly against his now bare chest with a new urgency. I was still sat on his lap as his hands ran over my arms and back.

“I can’t take this anymore.” He growled suddenly.
Before I could understand what he meant, he reached his hands under the tops of my thighs and stood up, picking me up with him. I had to wrap my legs around my waist and my arms around his shoulders to stop myself from falling.

Jared seemed to know exactly where he wanted to go, pressing me up against a wall.
“Jared...” I moaned lightly.
“Easy love, we’re just getting started.” Jared smiled, before pressing our lips together once more, moving his hips closer to mine.