Status: Comments=updates :D

My Oh So Ordinary Life

A Fight

It was two weeks after my visit with Carlisle that anything interesting happened. As Milo and I had predicted, something did happen on the full moon. Bella had given birth to a baby girl. Paul was sleeping soundly next to me when Sam’s howl echoed off the trees. He was gone in an instant and it wasn’t until the next day when Paul and I were locked away in my bedroom where he continued to pace, that Paul told me about Bella’s death scene and how Jacob had imprinted on the monster.

“I still can’t believe that he would imprint on something so disgusting.” Paul spat out, still pacing in front of me.

“Paul, give her some slack. She’s still half human.”

“How could you say that? It’s still a vampire. It still kills.” He told me aggressively.

“You know that the baby is a girl, so stop calling her an ‘it’.” I said angrily. I didn’t appreciate him talking me this way and I simply wouldn’t have it.

“Dammit Kat, do you always need to be so fucking difficult?!” he yelled in frustration.

“How the hell am I being difficult?! You’re the one threatening to kill an innocent child!”

“It is not ‘innocent’,” Paul growled out at me, “it killed Bella.” His eyes glared into mine as he tried to intimidate me by standing over my sitting form.

“She didn’t do it on purpose you insensitive asshole. And Edward still brought her back.”

“THEY BROKE THE TREATY!” Paul lost it. I quickly stood up and started to push him back.

“IN WHAT PART OF YOUR STUPID TREATY DID IT SPECIFY THAT THE VICTEM COULDN’T CHOOSE TO BE CHANGED?!”
“Of course you’d side with the enemy.” He growled out, his form starting to shake.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I crossed my arms, my stare hardening.

“It means that of course I’m stuck with the imprint that sympathizes with the leeches.”

“Oh well of course I’m stuck with the prejudiced ass of an imprint.” I got out between clenched teeth. Paul didn’t give me a response just walked out of my room, slamming the front door on his way out. I looked out my window to see Paul change into a wolf before running into the woods. I finally allowed my body to back into a wall and slide down. And as I slid down the wall, I allowed the tears to slip out. He made it seem like it was hard for him to be with me. And with that thought, I wondered if it really was hard for him to be my imprint. Was I really that hard to be around? Was it difficult to look into my eyes and think about the love he supposedly had for me? At that, the tears came out faster, and short loud gasps came out of my mouth as I sobbed. The door suddenly burst open and in walked Milo. He took one look at my sobbing form in the farthest corner of my room. He quickly strode towards me and brought me into his arms. I fell into them as I sobbed into my twin’s chest. We stayed like this for a while before he picked me up bridal style and walked over to my bed. He set me down before crawling into my bed with me. He shimmied himself closer to me and brought me back into his arms.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” he asked quietly when I had reduced my sobs to small hiccups. I shook my head no at first, but opened my mouth to explain anyways. My explanation was cut off by another sob. When I had finally stopped sobbing once more I told Milo the argument through sniffles.

“Am I really that horrible? Is it really so bad being my imprint?” I asked quietly with tears still running down my cheeks. Milo silently wiped my tears away with the pad of his thumb. My eyes moved to connect with his.

“Of course not, you’re the most wonderful girl I’ve ever met. And it’s not because you’re my twin.” I laughed through my tears at that.

“Sometimes I feel as though you’re the only man I can trust.” I whispered, snuggling into Milo’s chest. My brother’s arms wrapped around me as I fell asleep.

*Milo’s P.O.V*

For the past several days, Paul hadn’t so much as patrolled around our house to make sure that Kat was safe. Of course I had told Leah about how they had gotten into an argument and I had spent the last several days mopping up my sister’s tears. It had only been a week and I wasn’t completely sure as to how to deal with my twin, Leah hadn’t come around because of the La Push wolves, and I had a feeling that if I didn’t go to find her, I never would. So I left the house. I left my twin, who was going through an emotional breakdown. I had a feeling though, she would be staying close to Jacob Black, who just so happened to be in love with a certain Cullen. Pulling up to the Cullen house, it seemed to have more activity than I was planning. As far as I was aware, there were only nine Cullens. From my car I counted thirteen, and I was sure that the red eyes were not a known feature of the well-known family. All of a sudden red eyes were in front of my. I raised an eyebrow at the pale woman. I got out of the car and raised an eyebrow towards her.

“What are you doing here human?” Irish.

“Looking for my imprint, is Leah around?” I heard a deep growl and Leah appeared from the woods.
“The Cullens told us that you bloodsuckers would stay away from the humans.” The Irish woman gave her a cold look before running back to the house. Looking over the house it looked normal, except for the dark figure standing in the attic. I turned my eyes back on Leah, giving her a warm smile.

“What are you doing here?” she asked softly, this brought a frown on my face.

“I missed you, but I can go if you want.” I said, backing towards my car.

“No! No, it’s okay, just…lets go somewhere with a little less vampires on the run.” She said with a slight smile. I chuckled a little and walked over to the passenger side to open the door for Leah. When I got into the car I backed up and drove towards the main road.

“So where do you wanna go?” I asked.

“I don’t know; let’s go to your house.” I nodded and drove to my house, where my sister moped around.

“Just be warned that Paul and my sister got into a fight last week and he hasn’t been around since, so just…beware.” Leah’s eyebrows furrowed, but she nodded. We walked up to the house and I cautiously called out to Kat. I saw her figure appear at the top of the stairs. Her hair hung in tangles around her face, her skin was pale with her lack of sleep, and she was wrapped in her comforter. I heard her sniffle before she rushed down the stairs and threw her arms around me.

“He’s never coming back.” She said quietly. I didn’t know what to tell her. I didn’t know how strong her bond was, and I didn’t know Paul as well as she did. So instead of reassuring her I just shushed her and rubbed her back.

“Why don’t you go back upstairs and get some rest. Leah and I will be in the back if you need anything, okay?” I felt her head nod and I pressed a kiss to her head before I slowly let go of her. Kat made her way back upstairs. Leah and I made our way through my house and into the woods in the backyard. I stopped when I felt as though we were far enough away.

“Okay, when is this great battle?”

“How did you know about that?” she said with surprise.

“You wouldn’t be staying away for so long if there wasn’t a war going on. Now who’s coming? The La Push pack? The Volturi?”

“How did you know about the Volturi?”

“Please, it’s not that hard to figure out.” I said with a roll of my eyes.

“It’s the uh, it’s the Volturi.” I nodded.

“Will you be safe?”

“There’s no guarantee.” She said, averting her eyes. I nodded, I understood that while Leah had a chance at surviving the battle, there will always be that one thought in the back of my head telling me that she’ll be gone. And then what will I do?

“Please be safe.” I said quietly. Leah nodded and leaned into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her body, allowing myself to relax into her. I let out a breath I didn’t know I had been holding. It hadn’t occurred to me that I’d had a huge weight on my shoulders since the last time I saw Leah. It felt nice to finally relax with my imprint. I heard a growl suddenly in the darkness. I quickly moved Leah behind me and focused on the wolf I knew would be close. Out of the shadows appeared a wolf, large enough to know it was Sam. Sam transformed into a human and walked up to Leah and I.

“I need your help.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so sorry for the delay I'll write you guys a second chapter and have it up as soon as I can!