Status: Comments=updates :D

My Oh So Ordinary Life

Paul, Bella's Wedding, and Babies

Paul Lahote. Two words, ten letters, and the one who holds my heart. He was tall, he was dark, and damn was he handsome. And now he was a damn sexy werewolf. But there were many things that my sexy wolf didn’t know. And he wouldn’t know until it was time for the rest of the world to know. No one would know my secret until fate had played out. I knew how this life was supposed to pan out. There was a reason that my life led me to Paul. Long ago my life had been chosen for me, when my path was chosen to help. I was pulled out of my thoughts by my name being called. I turned my head and saw Alice hurrying towards me. I turned fully towards the small girl to give her my full attention.

“Kat thank god I found you! Have you found your dress for Bella’s wedding?” she said quickly. The way she said it made it seem as if she were asking me if I had dropped the bomb on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I blinked in surprise as she dismissed me even answering her and began to drag me off to her car. Just before she about shoved me into the passenger seat, I tried to get back to my house.

“Come on! Stop being so stubborn and get in the car!” she said, she was quite strong for such a small person.

“I have to get my purse! I’ve gotta pay for my dress with something.” I responded. Alice rolled her eyes but moved out of my way anyways. I gave her a winning smile before prancing back into my house.

“Milo!” I screeched.

“What?!” he screeched back.

“I’m going to get my dress for Bella’s wedding with Alice!” I screamed at the foot of the stairs.

“Okay! See you later loser face!” and with that I ran out of the house and into the passenger seat of Alice’s yellow Porsche. She sped off and we were in Seattle within two hours. I was quick to find a dress, of course with the help of Alice’s expert eye and my own; it was only a three hour visit. We sat down at a local café, sipping on a coffee. Well I was sipping a coffee; Alice claimed she had eaten before we’d left my driveway. I’d accepted the answer, and soon we were on our way back to Alice’s car.

“Don’t you think it’s a little soon for Bella and Edward to be getting married?” I questioned in the silent car ride.

“I don’t think it’s too early. I just think that if they love each other they should get married. If things go wrong then they could always get a divorce. And I have a feeling that they won’t even be having kids anytime soon, they’ll probably be traveling the world. Edward loves to travel. No doubt he’ll take her somewhere exotic for their honeymoon.” Alice said. Although it seemed more like she’d known this previously, like she’d known it for some time. I didn’t press Alice anymore, but turned on the radio and quietly hummed along to the pop culture songs, while Alice full on belted the words. Her high soprano carried on as she dropped me off at my house and sped off. I waved after her car and walked into my house. I screeched out a greeting to my family, only getting a grunt from the kitchen from my father and a screech back from Milo. My mother was passed out in front of the television, the Food Network blaring in front of her. I slowly walked over and turned off the TV while my dad entered the living room and picked up my mom. He disappeared in their room and I made my way to Milo’s. I found him sitting at his desk, writing something. I walked up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Let’s take a walk dear brother.” Milo nodded and followed me out of the house. We walked up to the cliff, the wild waters below us crashing, trying to bring down the cliff. We had successfully evaded the wolves, although we were so far into their territory. I wasn’t completely comfortable sitting on the edge of the cliff, my legs hanging off the edge. My eyes shifted to Milo. His blue eyes stared off into the distance, watching the moon high above the open water. I often wondered what he thought about when he did this. It wasn’t often that Milo stared off in thought. It was only when we had moments of silence like this. Suddenly Milo’s eyes turned their attention to me. He didn’t speak a word, just turned his head and continued to think.

“Do you ever wish that fate didn’t exist?”

“There are times, sister, that I wished that I could decide my own fate and that Father hadn’t created it for us.” I nodded in agreement.

“Do you think he’s still watching?”

“I believe that he has retreated and still abides by his own rules of not interfering with his creation’s lives.” Milo still hadn’t taken his eyes off of the moon.

“It will be a full moon soon.” He said after a while. I nodded in agreement.

“I sense something will happen in the next months.” Milo nodded in agreement and we sat there for the rest of the night, silently looking at the moon and listening to the waves crash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Milo!” I called. His head snapped around the corner.

“Yeah?”

“Would you mind zipping me up real quick?” Milo nodded and came over to zip up my dress. It was a deep red and my ruby red lips matched it perfectly.

“You look nice.” He complemented, looking me over. I smiled and fixed his tie.

“You look nice too, brother.” He smiled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

“Come on, we’re gonna be late for Bella and Edward’s big day.” I quickly grabbed a small clutch and ran out after Milo. The ceremony was beautiful and just so Bella, although it wasn’t hard to tell that it was all Alice. As it always was, Emmett’s speech was embarrassing and slightly unnecessary, although hilarious. I let out several giggles at Bella’s red face and Edward looking down in embarrassment. Charlie’s speech was kind of frightening if I didn’t have a doubt that Edward could easily outrun Charlie and his mustache. When I was laughing and dancing with Emmett later on, Paul showed up dressed in a suit, looking as handsome as ever. There was nothing better than seeing your imprint in a suit and tie.

“So you decided to show up.” I teased as we both began to slow dance. Paul gave me a playful glare.

“Well you didn’t make it so easy by dancing with as many men as possible.” I smirked up at him.

“That was the plan” I laughed as Paul growled and leant down to give me a kiss.

“Hey! None of that!” Milo said as he twirled Leah around next to us. I stuck my tongue out at Milo, but it was quickly covered by Paul’s mouth as he gave me a passionate kiss. I heard Milo’s gag and Leah’s laugh.

“Horny bastards.” Milo muttered, twirling himself and Leah away. Paul and I laughed as he pulled away and pressed his forehead to mine, looking me in the eye as the song ended. At the end of the reception we said goodbye to the newly wedded couple and Paul led me to my car. He leaned me up against the side of the truck letting his lips trail down to mine. We shared a short and sweet kiss before Milo honked at us from the driver’s seat. I rolled my eyes and pecked Paul’s lips one last time before climbing into the passenger seat. Milo quickly drove off and I turned to watch us drive past Paul.

“You two are disgusting.” Milo muttered and turned into our driveway five minutes later. I hopped out and walked towards Milo’s side of the car.

“Milo, I have a bad feeling about the end of this.”

“Don’t worry, sister it’ll all come together like it is supposed to.” I nodded cautiously and backed away into the woods. I’d been straying into the woods for the past month and I wasn’t concerned in the slightest. I knew that the wolves would always protect me. I came upon a clearing in my wanderings and quickly climbed a random tree. I closed my eyes for what only seemed like a moment, but when I opened them, the pack of wolves stood in a circle in the clearing. I didn’t want to disturb them and I also didn’t want them to know that I was here. So I stayed in the tree and kept my breathing even. My eyes searched for that familiar fur, and found Paul on the opposite side of the clearing. They all seemed to be having a meeting of sorts and in a flash they were gone as suddenly as they had been there. I slowly lowered myself from the tree and made my way back to my house. I entered my room and wasn’t at all surprised to see that Paul was fast asleep in my bed. I climbed into bed, Paul’s arms immediately wrapping around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a month. I had heard murmurs among the wolf pack that Bella was pregnant. And I suppose that was true, what with Jacob, Seth, and Leah running off to play with the Cullens? So I decided to find out for myself. But this proved harder than I anticipated, Paul was permanently glued to my side, trying to make sure I wasn’t in any danger. It was cute at first, but I quickly tired of this. So I waited until it was late at night before silently climbing out of my window and scaled the wall of my house. My feet silently hit the ground and I ran towards the general direction of the Cullen house. Carlisle met me outside.

“Katarina,” Carlisle greeted, leading me up to the house. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a russet wolf slowly making its way towards Carlisle and I.

“Is there a more private place we may speak, old friend?” Carlisle nodded and led me into his home. We evaded the others in his coven as well as the three wolves prowling around the grounds. We had successfully made it to Carlisle’s study and I sat in his desk chair.

“Is it true Carlisle?” I whispered.

“Yes, it’s a…new development I suppose in the world of vampires.” I nodded my head slowly.

“How far along is she?”

“She is only five weeks pregnant and yet it seems as if she is rapidly approaching her third trimester.” Carlisle said thoughtfully.

“This is unheard of.” I spoke my thoughts aloud. Carlisle’s eyes stayed trained on me.

“Please keep me updated Carlisle.” And with that I turned and left the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to softballslider1992!!!! I am sooooo sorry I didn't update right after you commented! I had actually written half the chapter, but I had to go up to my grandparents house in the middle of nowhere Washington for a week and a half, and then when I came back I was at my mom's house for a couple days without my laptop, and then I got to my dad's house and I decided I didn't like what I wrote, so I completely re-wrote this chapter, and then I wanted it to be extra long for you guys. And then the unthinkable happened. The wifi stopped working and I had a bit of a meltdown. But now it's up and running and here is your chapter and I am forever sorry that I didn't update as soon as possible.