Status: Starting stages <3

I've Got the Guts to Say Anything

Fourteen.

PAIGE

It was the night before my wedding. Myself, Sarah and Elissa had checked in to the hotel in London that would be used for the reception after the wedding tomorrow, and were checking over everything. I made them try on their dresses once more to make sure they fit properly, I tried on my shoes to make sure they fit properly, I called the make-up artist, hairdresser and photographer to make sure they were still coming and still, after all my checking, I couldn’t help but feel like I was forgetting something.

“You need to stop worrying.” Sarah cooed, she was sat on the bed in her pyjama’s sipping the complimentary champagne the hotel had given us when we checked in.

“I know.” I sighed, slipping my pyjamas on, “I just don’t want to do this.” I confessed.

The two girls knew all about me and Josh and our relationship. They knew everything about Joseph and how he treated me, although I’m sure the guys made sure the emphasised nearly everything to make him seem like the devil.

“Just chill.” Elissa said from where she was standing on the balcony, “I’m sure everything will work out.”

I nodded and the rest of the evening was spent drinking champagne and talking about the day ahead, before bed, I went and stood out on the balcony, telling the two girls to make themselves comfy, one would sleep on the floor and the other on the other side of the bed to me, as this room would be the suite myself and Joseph used tomorrow night.

I checked my phone and saw I had a text from Josh, Enjoy tomorrow as much as you can sweetheart, you will be beautiful and don’t worry about a single thing <3 xxx

I scoffed, I decided not to text him back because I knew if I did, I would be up all night talking to him and I didn’t want the make-up artist to have a hard time getting me ready tomorrow. I sighed and walked back into the room, Elissa was fast asleep on the floor, snoring lightly, but Sarah was sat up in bed, checking her phone.

I slipped my long pyjama bottoms off, leaving me in a pair of knickers and a small vest top. I motioned to Sarah to see if she minded my sleeping attire. Sarah smiled and pulled back the sheets she had covered herself with, to show exactly the same get-up as me. We smiled at each other and I got into bed, moving my pillows about to get comfy.

“You know Paige,” Sarah started as she put her phone down, “You’re a top girl.”

“Thank you.” I smiled, pulling the sheets up to my chin.

“I’ve not really got to know you very well, but I’m honoured that you chose me to be a bridesmaid.” Sarah smiled, doing the same as I had just done with the sheets on the bed, it was December after all.

I nodded, acknowledging Sarah comment, but I was soon fast asleep, my dreams running through every single scenario that might happen tomorrow.

Image

Elissa’s alarm on her phone woke us at exactly half past seven the next morning. We all groaned as the high pitched ringing pierced through the quiet room. Elissa fumbled with her phone and after a few minutes managed to shut the ringing off. We all settled back down into our beds when there was a knock at the hotel door. I groaned, got up, slipped my pyjama bottoms on and went to answer the door. It was Joseph’s best man, his closest friend from work, Jonathan. He was checking on behalf of Joseph that we were all up, before leaving quickly.

Elissa ordered breakfast from room service. Plates of fruit, toast and cereal were brought up, along with two bottles of champagne to help us on our way. We had finished our breakfast and had started on the champagne by half past eight. Sarah decided because we had an hour before the make-up artist and hairdresser arrived to help us get ready, we would all take a quick shower to freshen ourselves up.

We were brushing their teeth when the make-up artist and hairdresser arrived. I told the two women to set up where they wanted and that we would be with them in a few minutes. It was decided that whilst Elissa and Sarah had their make-up done, I would have my hair done and then we would switch so I would have my make-up done and Sarah and Elissa could have their hair done.

My hair was put into an elegant bun, my hair and been pinned around something that resembled a doughnut, to hide the tool that had been used to make my hair look so pretty. My fringe had been pinned into the bun, the shortest pieces fell loose, but I reassured the hair-dresser that I liked the way it looked. Sarah and Elissa had their make-up done naturally; a plummy colour eye-shadow had been swept across their lids, brown eyeliner smudged across their top lash line, which complemented the champagne colour of their dresses beautifully.

My make-up was a little less subtle. A light mid-toned brown had been swept across my lids, with a darker, chocolate brown brushed into the crease of my eye, with a hint of black eyeliner smudged around my eyes. I was more than happy with how I’d turned out, but had requested that the make-up artist do something bold with my lips.

“Are you sure?” The make-up artist asked.

I nodded, “My fiancé will hate it.” I smiled.

The make-up artist did as she was asked and put a dark crimson colour on my lips, which complimented my eyes beautifully.

Once Elissa and Sarah had finished having their hair curled with their fringes plaited and pinned out of their faces, it was time for them to get themselves into their dresses. A one-shouldered knee length dress in a pale champagne colour, with a small belt around their waists and gold, strappy heels to match. Then they helped me get into my dress.

My dress wasn’t anything that I wanted to be wearing on my wedding day. My mother had ordered it for me whilst I was still in hospital, under strict instructions from Joseph ‘to get something she’ll look good in’. My dress stopped just above my ankles. The bodice and parts of the tulle skirt were covered in hand-made fabric flowers which I hated. Around my middle was a sash, a little darker than the colour of the dress that pulled my small waist in.

I slipped my shoes on and grabbed my bouquet of white and red roses. Elissa handed me a thick cardigan that I could wear in the car on the way to the church so I wasn’t a blubbering cold mess by the time we arrived.

The car was a vintage Rolls Royce, covered in ribbon. The driver looked like a chauffeur, with a hat and a suit. I smiled and thanked him for coming, slipping a ten pound note into his hand as a tip. He smiled back and thanked me, closing the door behind us before her started to drive.

I looked out of the window as we drove through the streets of London. The driver dropped us off outside of the church, reassuring me that Elissa’s cardigan would be fine in the back of the car. I looked up at the church, it was big and the outside was decorated with ribbons and roses that matched my bouquet. This was it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time no see, eh? Jesus, I'm so sorry this has taken so long to upload. There really isn't an excuse considering it's been pre-written and everything! I'm such a bad person!

Anyway! After this one, there are only two more chapters *SOB*. I won't get all emotional yet because I'm not even sure if anyone still reads this!

I'm not really the happiest with this chapter, but I don't know, I just haven't got the time to go through and edit it at all right now! I might do it at a later date!

And here we go with promoting new things! So, I've got a new story coming up with my friend Haley. It's period drama set in the Tudor period, but don't dispair, Dan Flint will feature very heavily within the story line! It's called His Majesty's Pleasure and it's going to be pretty kick ass! I wouldn't think it would be long before the first chapter is up, so go ahead and subscribe there!

Comments would be lovely! :D <3