Basically the Scariest Pokemon Out There, and He's My Sanity

Chapter 11

I went to the pokemon center soon after getting my badge.

“Hello, Hannah! How was the match?” Nurse Joy asked. I felt my lips forming a huge grin.

“It went really good! I won! See?” I said, showing her my badge. I had pinned it onto the inside of my jacket, which Professor Oak had borrowed to me before I left Pallet Town. It used to be his grandson’s, according to him.

“Wow! Congradulations, Hannah!” Nurse Joy said as I handed her all five of my pokeballs. Gastly had agreed to be in his pokeball so he could be healed. “So, will you be heading to Cerulean city next, then?”

“Cerulean City? Is that the next city with a badge?” I asked. She nodded.

“Yes, it’s a water based gym so the gym leader will most likely be fighting using water pokemon!” she said.

“Really? Cool,” I said.

“I’ll heal these five right away! Why don’t you wait out here for a while? In fact, here’s a map of the area so you can figure out how to get to Cerulean!” Nurse Joy said, handing me a map. She pointed out which town was Cerulean and walked into a back room. Meanwhile, I sat down and tried to make out the map.

“I guess now’s a good time as any to figure out how to read these things,” I muttered. After an hour of studying the map, I had a pretty good idea on which route I wanted to take. Just as I folded the map, two guys ran in screaming for Nurse Joy.

“Oh my! What’s the matter?” she asked.

“Nurse Joy! Two people just stole someone’s pokemon!” one guy said.

“Yeah! And when we tried to get them back for that person, we had a pokemon battle with those people. They hurt our pokemon really bad!” the second one said. My ears perked. I looked up at them and saw that they were both carrying pokemon that looked exhausted and beaten up.

“Don’t you worry! I’ll call Officer Jenny right away and let her know! In the meantime, I’ll heal your pokemon for you!” she said. They nodded and gave her their pokemon. After she left, I walked up to the two guys.

“Um, excuse me? What did the two people look like?” I asked. They looked down at me and blinked.

“Well, they were both wearing black,” the first guy said.

“Yeah, and they both had a red M on their chests. If it was an R, then I know that it was Team Rocket. But I don’t remember ever seeing a team with an M as their letter,” the second said. I glared at the ground.

So, Team Magma is already making me wanna fight them? Fine! Once my pokemon are healed, we will get those pokemon back for that one guy! I thought, clenching my fists.

“Team Magma,” I muttered.

“Huh?” they asked. I just shook my head.

“Team Magma isn’t from the Kanto region. I don’t know which region they’re from though,” I said.

“Hannah? Your pokemon are ready,” Nurse Joy said, handing me my pokeballs. I nodded.

“Thanks!” then I turned towards the boys. “Where did you last see those guys?” I asked.

“Just outside of town. I think they said they were heading to Cerulean City,” the second said. I nodded and ran out the door.

“Hey! Don’t you try to take them on!” they yelled. I stopped in my tracks and turned towards them with a fake smile.

“Don’t worry! I’m just going to tell Officer Jenny! I promise I’ll keep out of trouble!” I yelled. Gastly
got out of his pokeball just then and floated next to me as I ran out of town.

Now, I really don’t like to lie. But it was obvious they weren’t going to let me go unless I lied and told them I was going to tell Officer Jenny. By now I had run out of Pewter City and started to hear voices yelling.

“Stop! You can’t take my pokemon!” Gastly pointed to the trees and I hid in a bush along the path.

“Tough shit, boy. You’ll catch some other pokemon! This one’s ours now!” someone else yelled. I peeked out of the bushes and saw the two that the guys had described. One of them was carrying a brown leather bag over their shoulder. I looked at Gastly and sighed.

“Gastly. Gas gas gastly,” he muttered. Basically saying that do something if I must. I smirked as an idea popped into my head. Quickly, I brought Weedle out of its pokeball.

“Weedle, do you think you can spit a thread that’s thick enough to trip them?” I whispered. They were getting closer now. Weedle nodded and told me that they would need some help though. I brought out the others and we formed a plan. Not a minute later did it start.

Gastly floated up and made Pichu and Pikachu float with him. Using his power, he made them float in the air in front of the Team Magma guys. Those two scared them enough to stall for time. I had Weedle stay on the ground with me and shoot String shots that stuck from my hand to a tree across the path from us.

“Piiiikkkkaaaa!” Pikachu said in a moaning voice, making her sound like she was dead.

“Piiiiichhuuuuu!” Pichu said, copying what Pikachu was doing.

“Alright! That’s enough Weedle! This should trip them nice and good! Rattata! You ready?” I whispered. Rattata held a rope that the professor had given to me. It was meant to escape from situations but it had its purpose in this one. Rattata nodded. I looked up at Gastly and gave him the signal. He made Pikachu and Pichu float past the string trap which neither of the Team Magma members noticed. They tripped and fell onto their faces.

“Go! Rattata!” I said. Rattata ran around them, tying them up as he did so. “Weedle! Use string shot to get that bag away from them!” Weedle did as I said. When I got the bag, it was wiggling. I let it loosen up and two pokemon ran out of it. One was blue and the other was pink. They both had a needle on top of their heads.

“You brat!” one of the Magma guys said.

“You’ll pay for this!” the other said. They were about to get loose.

“Gastly! Use Hypnosis!” I yelled. They fell asleep. “They finally shut up.” I crossed my arms and glared at them.

“Thank you so much!” two people behind me said. I turned around to see two kids about my age hugging the pokemon.

“No problem, by the way, what kind of pokemon are those?” I asked, bringing out my pokedex.

“This blue one’s a female Nidoran,” the boy said. I pointed my pokedex at her.

“Nidoran, female. Although small, its venomous barbs render it dangerous. The female has smaller horns,” the pokedex said. I nodded.

“And this pink one’s a boy Nidoran,” the girl said. I pointed the pokedex at him this time.

“Nidoran, male. The male NIDORAN has developed muscles for moving its ears. Thanks to them, the ears can be freely moved in any direction. Even the slightest sound does not escape it’s notice,” the pokedex said.

“Cool!” I said. All of my pokemon came around me.

“Say! Since you helped us get back our pokemon, why don’t we treat you to lunch?” they asked. I shook my head.

“Sorry, but I heard someone farther down the road also got their pokemon stolen and I want to help them get it back,” I said.

“Okay! Then we’ll help you look!” they said. I sighed but agreed.