Basically the Scariest Pokemon Out There, and He's My Sanity

Chapter 9

“So, how have you been, Hannah? Any luck capturing any pokemon?” Professor Oak asked. I nodded and took out Weedle’s pokeball.

“Yup! I caught a Weedle!” I smiled.

“Really? Why don’t you bring it out and I can have a look at it?” he said. I nodded.

“Come on out, Weedle!” I yelled and tossed my pokeball. A bright red light appeared and it took the shape of Weedle. The pokeball bounced back to my hand and I put it back on my belt.

“Weedle!” Weedle said. Professor Oak kneeled down and observed my Weedle.

“So, your name is Hannah, right?” Gary asked. I looked at him and smiled friendly.

“Yup, and you’re Gary, right?” I asked. He nodded.

“To be honest your Weedle looks pretty weak,” Gary smirked, crossing his arms. I blinked at his sudden change in attitude.

“Look, I don’t care what you think about my Weedle. All I care about is having my pokemon be my friends. We will train very hard so we can go over anything that stands in our way!” I announced, pumping my fist. Gary’s eyes widened and Gastly’s did too.

“Whatever. It’s not like a kid like you could even win any badges. I mean, really. You are only four. What can you do?” Gary retorted. My hands went back to my sides and I clenched them. I glared at Gary and made a vow to him.

“I will be the person to set Team Magma straight. I will become strong with my pokemon so I can protect my family from those nasty people!” I said through my teeth.

“And how are you going to do that?” he asked. Professor Oak stood up. He was done with his research and I had no answer to Gary’s question.

“Well, Hannah. I don’t know how good this Weedle is since it is still very young. But if you train it right then it should be able to evolve into a very powerful Beedrill,” Professor Oak told me.

“Really? Cool! Then I will train as hard as I can!” I said, my confidence growing again.

“Just not too hard. Pokemon need rest too you know,” he said. I nodded and took out Weedle’s pokeball.

“Weedle! Return!” I yelled. The pokeball opened, a red light shot out of it and hit Weedle, and Weedle went inside its pokeball. I took out the pokeballs for Pichu and Pikachu and looked at them. “I can’t wait to see how strong we all will become.”

“Oh? So you will be training with them?” Professor Oak asked. I nodded.

“I wouldn’t be a good trainer if I didn’t train with my pokemon. Plus I have a lot more to learn about all pokemon. I’ll capture as many as I can and learn everything there is to know about each one!” I said.

“Well stated. Shall we get going?” he asked. I nodded and put my pokeballs away. Professor Oak was on the far left, Gary walked next to him, I walked next to Gary, and Gastly floated next to me.

“Hey Hannah,” Gary said.

“Yeah?” I asked. He pointed at Gastly.

“Why don’t you have Gastly in its pokeball?” Gary asked.

“He doesn’t like to be in his pokeball. I guess Gastly likes it out here with me,” I smiled at Gastly.

“Gastly Gast,” Gastly smiled back.

“He?” Gary questioned.

“Yeah, this Gastly is a boy. My Pikachu is a girl and my Pichu is a boy,” I stated.

“How did you know that, Hannah?” Professor Oak asked.

“I asked them and they told me. Well, more like I guessed and they nodded when I got it right,” I explained.

“I see,” Professor Oak mumbled.

“But why do you treat them like they are people? It’s not like pokemon have feelings once you capture them,” Gary said. Little puffs of air steamed out of Gastly as he glared at Gary. Gary flinched.

“Gary! Stop saying things like that! You have a lot to learn about pokemon before you are even qualified to be a trainer, so hush,” Professor Oak scolded his grandson. Gary pointed at me.

“But she’s the same age as me yet she is a pokemon trainer!” Gary whined.

“She’s the exception. Gary, she has no where to go and she needs someone to look after her. I figured since she was already very close to her original three pokemon then she should be fine with them. Once I find out who her parents are I shall call them immediately and Hannah can decide what she wants to do from there. Is that okay with you, Hannah?” Professor Oak said. I nodded.

“Sounds good to me. But I won’t go home until I complete my vow, no matter what anyone says to me!” I said stubbornly. Professor Oak sighed.

“I was afraid of that,” he muttered. Suddenly the road ahead got straight and Professor Oak and Gary stopped. “All you have to do from here is keep going straight. You should reach Pewter City in a day or so. Good luck, Hannah.”

“Thank you! And Gary, I’ll show you just how powerful kids like us can be when we put our minds to it! Bye Professor! Bye Gary!” I said. I ran ahead.

“Don’t push yourself too much! That goes the same for your pokemon!” Professor Oak yelled. I stopped running and turned around to wave goodbye.

“I’ll come by when I get all my badges! Bye!” I yelled. I turned back around and ran towards Pewter City once more with Gastly by my side.

“Gast Gastly,” Gastly said.

“Come on, Gastly! We have a whole journey ahead of us and I want to get a heads start!” I said. Gastly nodded.

After a while I started to get tired from running. Gastly and I slowed down to a walk.

“I wonder what kind of life lies ahead of us. I’m only doing this so I can become a good trainer and take down Team Magma with my big sis,” I said, putting my hands behind my head.

“GASTLY! GAST GAST!” Gastly yelled. He floated and stopped in front of me, forcing me to stop walking.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. I turned around but no one was there. I turned back to see that Gastly was glaring at me. Then it hit me. I scratched the side of my head. “Oh, I get it. You’re trying to say that I’m letting this journey get to my head and that I should be grateful that I can go on this journey at all.” Gastly nodded. “I’m sorry, Gastly. Let’s try our best and take things one step at a time!” Gastly nodded again in agreement.

Suddenly the bushes started rustling around us. I looked around but couldn’t find the source. Gastly’s eyes suddenly glowed and he lifted a pokemon out of the bush to my right.

“What’s that?” I asked. I pulled out my pokedex and checked it.

“Rattata. A mouse pokemon. Its fangs are long and sharp and it bites anything when it attacks. It is small and very quicik,” pokedex said.

“I see. Okay. Pikachu, I choose you!” I yelled and threw Pikachu’s pokeball at Rattata. I caught the pokeball when it came back and put it away. Rattata got into a defense position and so did Pikachu.

Rattata ran at Pikachu.

“So Rattata is using a Tackle attack. Okay, Pikachu dodge it then use Thundershock!” I yelled. Pikachu dodged Rattata and shocked it with a Thundershock. Rattata somehow got back up on its feet and prepared to Tackle Pikachu again. Again Pikachu dodged and used Thundershock. Rattata looked like it couldn’t stand up. I grabbed out an empty pokeball and tossed it at Rattata.

“Go Pokeball!” I yelled. It hit Rattata and eventually made a cute sound. I ran to the pokeball and held it in the air. “Yeah! I caught a Rattata!” Pikachu and Gastly cheered. I laughed.

“Alright. It’s time to go to Pewter City. I think everyone needs a rest,” I said. I put my new Rattata away and took out Pikachu’s pokeball. “Good job Pikachu! You deserve some rest.”

I now had five pokemon and a gym waiting for me. It was time to go and see what I am made of. Possibly even start training.