Status: Cue long hiatus. Sorry but I can't do it right now. Unsubscribe if you'd like.

Status: It's Complicated.

Am I Dreaming?

Have you ever felt like the world is pointless? Like you don't make anything good happen? Well that was me. I live in a nutshell. My name is Alice. I am almost 15 and I have been living in a mansion my entire life. You think living rich is fun? Not always. My parents, most of the time, just save up for themselves. Every year we get to go on a cruise, but those are all the same. I don't know, personally for me, almost everything is routine. I live a laid back kind of life. I'm also home schooled, so I don't have any friends. I do sometimes make friends with some of the people who stay in this mansion. Oh yeah, and in my house, anyone who wants to stay can stay. My family likes to keep the rent low, because we already have enough money. Yeah like I said, I would sometimes make friends with some of the people who came here, but after a while they would always leave and I would be alone. The kids who are around now just call me emo because of my clothes and hair. I guess you could say I am, sometimes. I don't cut though, I hate pain, but sometimes in my life I just want to die... like today.
I get up every morning like normal. Go to the bathroom, fix my hair, take a shower, whatever. Today after I did all that I made my way downstairs to the living room. I didn't normally watch T.V. but today I might as well. I sat on the new satin couch that was closest to the TV and tried to find the remote. When I turned on the TV I flipped through channels. At one point I stopped on one of the many MTV stations, because there was a Fall Out Boy music video playing. It was Grand Theft Autumn. As I sat enjoying the music and Patrick Stump's hotness I heard an annoying sound coming into the room. Sam. Damn it. He came in with a toy plane getting in front of the TV making those annoying plane noises, spinning around in circles like an idiot.
"Sam, can you move!" I try to keep calm.
"No, hey what cha watchin?" He comes over to me on the couch.
"Nothing you are interested in, now go away and play with your toy somewhere else." I tried keeping my patience.
He whined, "Lemme see what's on?" He grabbed the remote out of my hands.
"Hey." I said, with a louder, firmer voice.
I tried to get the remote back as he climbed all over me to get it for himself.
Okay now I was starting to get pissed, "Sam let go."
"No." He whined right in my ear.
"Give me it!"
"I'm gunna get my mommy." He threatened.
"Oh my god..." I breathed, still fighting for the damn remote.
"Mommy!" He started yelling.
"Shut up." I whispered at him, sharply.
"Alice can you come over here for a minute!" I heard my mom say.
I let go of the remote, defeated by a 6 year old, and went to my mom.
"Someone new is here to stay with us, he's in the bathroom at the moment, but would you take his stuff to the room across the hall from yours please?"
"Yeah sure whatever." I took the luggage, not really thinking or caring.
"Honestly, stop fighting with Sam, Alice! He is so young." My mom said.
"Oh yeah little kids get more privileges, right, knew that." I called to her.
"Alice." She said, totally mad at me, I could tell.
I opened the room with the house key and gently set the luggage by the bed. I also set the extra spare key on the luggage as well because yeah I had to do that too.
As I walked out of the room, about to hit the stairs, I saw someone, someone I hadn't seen before. Was this the new guy? As he came up the stairs I started to see his features a little more clearly. He was skinny, but not too skinny. He wore a red skin tight shirt and black pants. His lips, as he got closer, looked full and plump. His hair was a dark dark brown, if not black. Hell, this guy was attractive. As he came past me I felt really nervous. Then I remembered I had to tell him about the key.
"Excuse me, sir." I said, really involuntarily.
He stopped and walked over to me, "Yes?"
I felt so damn nervous now, I was talking to this guy, "Um, well there is your room" I pointed, "and on your luggage is the key to your room."
"Oh, thanks." He said, a smile prancing on those giant kissable lips.
He then was about to start walking until he said, "Oh sorry for being so rude." He stuck out his hand.... for me to shake it. Involuntarily I went in and took it. Oh my god, his hand was so warm. I looked into his eyes and only noticed now how beautiful they were; a nice dark chocolate color, "My name is Brendon."
"I'm Alice." I got out.
When we stopped shaking he said, still with that sweet smile in his face, "Maybe I will see you around sometime."
"Yeah, definitely." I got out. He then walked to his room. That was honestly the first time I had ever talked to someone as attractive as him.
As I went back downstairs I honestly didn't give a shit about Sam anymore... I just thought about Brendon.
Then all of the sudden there was another boy at the door. He looked a little taller then Brendon, lighter hair parted to the side, his bangs almost in his face, green shirt, jeans, cute face, skinnier, not really anorexic skinny, but close. He was also extremely cute. Where were all these cute boys coming from? My mom then called me over to take this guy's stuff to the same room as Brendon's. Well there were twin beds in there. Such a damn coincidence that 2 hot guys will be in the same room across the hall from mine. God, I'm so lucky.
My mom then introduced me to him as well as herself, "Hello, my name is Carol. This is my daughter, Alice." My mother points to me, I almost feel embarrassed.
"Hey I'm Ryan." He sticks out his hand and my mother shakes first, then me. His hand was also warm. His eyes are really pretty too. They look like a hazel, very lovely.
"Well Alice." She looks at me, that's my cue to take the luggage. I then reach out to grab the handle.
Ryan's words then stop me, "No, I think I can handle carrying my luggage. If you could show me to the room." I quickly get to my feet to start heading up the stairs, I can't keep eye contact with cute boys for too long, I might swoon.
"Right this way." I say. I know he is right behind me, now, following me. Okay, calm, Alice, calm.
I then point to Brendon's room, "You are roomed with someone, if that's okay." I tell him.
"Yeah, that's fine." He replies. I get a shiver. I don't know why, but I love the sound of his voice.
Quickly, before I forget, I say, "Here's the room key." I hand it to him.
"Thanks." He says, I could see a small smile.
Well he seemed like one tough cookie. He didn't smile as easily as Brendon, but he still was nice. Maybe he was kind of like me in a way that our lives suck. Yeah, that would be awesome. Maybe I could talk to him sometime. Well I would also want to talk to Brendon... well maybe both at the same time if they got along! Okay yeah I'm hitting on 2 guys, so what? They were cute and nice and if I become friends with them, maybe my life wouldn't be so boring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment if you like it! Please don't be too hard on me. Subscribe if you want to know what happens next! :)