Status: Working on the next chapter. Just need to find time to write down all of my ideas. Thanks!

Love at First Fright

First Night

**Joey’s P.O.V**

I laughed as Roman began cleaning up the glass Eric had knocked over. Almost as soon as the glass broke Eric became uninterested and went on to annoy Jack who was sitting on the couch staring intently at his laptop screen. I looked around seeing everyone except Rayna.

“Hey Wednesday, did you see where Ray went off to?”

Wednesday sat up from his spot on the couch next to me and laughed.

“Can’t keep tabs on your wife? I think she went upstairs.”

I threw a couch pillow at him and went to the stairs leaving Eric to continue annoying Jack who was trying his best to not get frustrated. As I walked down the empty hallway I couldn’t help but remember all of the fun memories I had in this house. Even before Rayna moved in and we started dating we had some pretty fun times like when Wednesday and I decided to have a mini jam session at 5:30 in the morning and the “Mad Manager” got pissed. Hell, he even asked Wednesday who I was he was so pissed. It was fine with me because later that day I got back at him by antiquing him when he was fast asleep on the couch downstairs. I smiled seeing Rayna’s back turned to me in our old room. I carefully walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist causing her to jump a little.

“What are you doing up here all alone?”
She shrugged and turned around to face me.

“Just looking around. Can’t believe it’s been 4 years since we’ve been here and to top it off you guys have a show tonight at the place we first met.”

I smiled and ran my fingers through her hair as she leaned in and kissed me softly. As her hands wrapped around my neck I carefully pulled her onto the bed as she deepened the kiss and pulled off her shirt. She leaned back and smirked as I reached down and began pulling off my shirt as well. Once it was off she kissed my stomach trailing up all the way to my neck making me let out a low groan when she kissed my neck.

It seemed like forever since we did anything like this. It was difficult to have “couple time” with a crazy 4 year old running around and having your best friend living down the hall. But, as she kissed me and began taking her clothes off me wanted her more than ever. Before I could get my jeans off she stood up and went to the still open door and kicked it closed.

“Good idea.”

She locked the door behind her back before flashing me a sexy smirk and coming back to me. As she twirled her fingers through my hair I pulled her close and let her have me however she wanted. I knew when I made love to Rayna it was unlike any woman I had been with but, as she gripped my back I went harder than ever before.
She laid her head on my chest twirling a strand of my hair around her fingers as I lightly traced her SlipKnoT tattoo on her shoulder. I barely touched the deep red knot work causing her to move in closer to me and kissed my neck before pulling the blanket up to cover her body. I lay my head back and sighed thinking about the days to come. Touring again with Rayna was something I looked forward to very much especially since Eric was with us and he could now see exactly what his dad did for a living.
Rayna jumped as did I when someone began banging on the door.

“What?”

I calmed down a little when I heard Roman’s voice on the other side saying that Rayna needed to do his hair soon so we could get ready and drive to the venue for tonight’s show.

“Yeah we’ll be out in a minute.”

I looked over at the small clock and groaned seeing it was already nearly 2:30 which meant we needed to leave around 4 to get to the venue in time to make sound check and to get ready for the show. I gently nudge Rayna telling her she needed to get dressed and do Roman’s hair. She groaned before sitting up and smoothing her wild blonde hair down. As she walked around the room grabbing her clothes I got up and started to pull on my nearby jeans.

“Joey…can you hand me my…”

I looked over as she pointed down next to my feet. I looked down to see I was standing on the strap of the red and black bra she had been wearing earlier. I laughed and picked it up before tossing it across the room so she could put it on. After we were both dressed we left the room and went into the living room to see that some of the guys had put on ‘1408’ and were all staring at the screen. Eric was sitting on Roman’s lap staring intently as the movie played.

“You know we usually don’t let him watch that stuff.”

Wednesday turned around and started laughing at my bluff before smacking Roman’s leg telling him Rayna was in the room. Roman threw a pillow at him and turned his attention back at the movie as Rayna walked up behind him. She blew in his ear only making him swat her away and continue watching the movie with Eric. Rayna turned and looked at me trying her best not to laugh. She smacked him on the back of the head making him turn around quickly making Eric fall off his lap onto the couch next to them.

“What was that for?”

“If you want me to shave your head then get into the bathroom.”

He laughed a little and headed into the bathroom followed by Rayna who was shaking her head the entire time. I took Roman’s seat which meant Eric took his spot in my lap, leaning into my chest and staring straight at the screen again.

“Man, Joey I feel like I just saw him yesterday yet he’s grown up so much since you and Ray got married.”

I smoothed down Eric’s hair as Jason took the empty spot next to me.
“Yeah I know. He better stop growing or I’m gonna lock him in a box and never let him out again.”

I laughed when Eric finally turned around with a huge frown upon his face.
“Daddee you would lock me up?”

“I finally get your attention when I talk about you?”

Eric laughed and turned back to the movie ignoring everything I had just said. Jason just laughed and rolled his eyes as I tickled Eric making him let out a shriek and squirm all over my lap until he fell onto the floor and ran over to Wednesday.

“Weddy, sae me!!”

Wednesday laughed and picked Eric up telling him to be quiet and finish the movie. As we all watched the ending of the movie Roman came running in and stood in front of the screen showing off his new hair. He still had his signature one side shaved but now instead of the other side being shoulder length it was cut a little shorter in a sort of triangle shape with razored ends.

“So? Like?”
He walked in a circle showing off his new hair as Rayna came in draping her hands on my shoulders.

“Looks good except for the face it’s on.”

“Fuck off Jack!!”

I turned to see Jack walking in from outside holding a jacket and his keys.

“Guys we have to leave…like now.”

I looked up at the wall clock and saw that it was nearly 4. We all left the house and piled our bags into the tour bus as Eric ran onto the bed and began running from end to end trying his hardest to look at every possible thing there was on it. With Jason driving we made our way to the venue I had met Rayna at…hell where we all, except for Jason, met Rayna.
After our sound chick we all made our way back stage. As we all walked down the hallway to the green room, Eric enjoying being on Roman’s shoulders, Rayna looked around as if she half expected Derick to come out of nowhere. I squeezed her hand gently making her turn and look at me as we stopped in front of the dressing room.

“You okay?”

“Yeah. It’s just a little weird. Think if tonight were the last night of the tour it’d be like re-living that night all over again.”

I thought over the tour dates and remembered that the last night of the tour was in New York but was also on Rayna’s birthday.

“Oh shit huh. Funny how things work out.”

I kissed her as we both walked into the dressing room to see Eric lying on the couch snacking on a bag of chips from the tables of food. Wednesday was the only other person in the room; I guessed the others were already getting dressed and so on.

“Come on! We have to fucking hurry up!”

Wednesday grabbed my arm and pulled me into the other room as Rayna laughed and sat down next to Eric. After I got dressed in my stage outfit of a pair of black jeans and my lack leather jacket along with my numerous bracelets and my lucky SlipKnoT and Murderdolls necklaces I began to apply my stage make-up. With KISS playing behind me I began to get into the performing mood. As I finished applying the black line down the middle of my forehead I turned to see Wednesday handing me a drink. We all toasted to the first night of the tour and downed our drinks before going back into the room with Ray and Eric. Both were sitting on the couch watching an episode of “That Metal Show” with Corey.

“Look Daddee!! Uncle Coweee!”

I laughed as he turned his attention back on the TV. Rayna laughed and kissed the top of his head and looked back the show as well.

“Alright you guys ready?”

We all turned to see the stage manager holding a clipboard on one hand and a radio in the other. I looked at Wednesday as he nodded as did everyone else.

“Ready as we’ll ever be.”

I turned around as Rayna turned off the TV and grabbed Eric. Despite his whining of not watching Corey on TV as soon as she said they were going to watch me play he began jumping around singing “I Love to Say Fuck.” Right before going on I kissed Rayna and kneeled down in front of Eric as he hugged me around the neck.

“You do good Daddee.”

I kissed his forehead as he smiled and played with my necklace. I stood up and grabbed my guitar as the lights went off and “World According to Revenge” began playing. As the song ended we all walked onstage and began playing “Chapel of Blood.” I loved how when we started playing the opening riff and Wednesday head banged next to the mic stand the entire crowd began yelling their lungs out and jumping up and down. It was as if they were as pumped up as we were. As we began playing the chorus it sounded like the entire audience sang “Bow down and bleed for me!” with Wednesday. As the song ended I looked over and saw Rayna and Eric cheering as loud as they could for me. Throughout the entire concert I put my all into every song as if it was my first concert all over again. As Wednesday ended the show with “She Was a Teenage Zombie” I looked out into the crowd during my solo and saw someone I could have gone my entire life without seeing ever again.

I would never forget those hazel eyes or long brown hair. They way her eyes seemed to glare at me and the ring on my finger. I stood on stage as long as I could after we finished the set. I handed out the set list that was in front of my mic and I even handed out a few picks that were stashed in my pocket never peeling my eyes off of the girl until I knew exactly who it was.

Kat…