Status: Working on the next chapter. Just need to find time to write down all of my ideas. Thanks!

Love at First Fright

The House

**Rayna’s P.O.V**

It seemed like all of the packing and the drive to the airport was all a blur. Time didn’t seem to slow down until we actually were sitting down on the plane. With Eric between Joey and me bouncing up and down like the maniac he was and Wednesday sitting directly in front of him I felt more secure than any of the other times I ever flew. When I moved from Vegas it was just me sitting on the plane alone with one duffel bag and a lot of hopes.

“You gonna be okay?”
I looked over Eric to see Joey looking at me with a concerned look.

“Perfectly fine.”
Joey laughed and lightly pushed Eric’s head down so he could lean over and kissed me quickly.

After barely an hour of the flight Eric was already bored and bothering Wednesday which I had to admit was quite amusing. Every time Wednesday begin to doze off Eric would smack him with a magazine. Finally, Wednesday began to get annoyed when Eric went to smack him for about the hundredth time Wednesday grabbed the magazine and threw it on the seat next to time.

“You no fun.”

I heard Wednesday chuckle as he leaned his head back and drifted off to sleep. I stared out the window watching the clouds as Joey began whispering something into Eric’s ear that was apparently hilarious. I looked over to see Joey offering his empty cup, well empty except for some ice, to Eric. I laughed knowing exactly what was going on. As soon as Eric took his pick of the biggest ice cube he stood carefully up on his seat and slipped it down Wednesday’s shirt making him let out a rather girlish shriek I had never heard before and I had known him for about 3-4 years now.

“Damn Wednesday your not gonna melt.”

Wednesday un-did his seat belt and cursed Joey out under his breath as he made his way to the bathroom only to be stopped by the stewardess who said we would e arriving in L.A in about half an hour.

“But, I have to pee.”

The stewardess smiled and cocked her head off the side reminding me of one of those puppies you see in a pet store display window.

“I’m sorry sir but the captain has put on the seat belt sign.”

Wednesday growled a little under his breath as he took his seat letting her continue her perky rounds to check on the rest of the passengers including Eric, Joey and me.

“Miss…”

The women leaned down to have eye contact with Eric as she did the puppy head cock again.
“Yes cutie?”

Eric turned around and gave me one of his priceless “Wtf?” looks before looking back the over happy woman.
“If my uncle can’t go pee then why you walking awound?”

Well, he did have a point. The woman once again did the annoying as fuck head cock and simply patted Eric’s head and called his precious before continuing down the aisle.
I made Eric sit back down as Joey buckled his seat and handed him a small bag of gummy bears. As the plane began to descend Eric happily munched on his candy not letting the plane bother him at all. It was almost as if he didn’t even realize we were miles up in the air. Before we landed I head Eric giggling to himself. With a normal kid you would think that they just found a misshapen gummy bear or bit the head off and thought it was funny. With Eric you knew something was wrong. Sometimes it was as if I gave birth to the spawn of Satan himself.

I looked over to see Eric trying his best to close his mouth that was completely full of gummy bears.

“Really? Eric spit them out.”

I can’t say he didn’t obey me but I really didn’t mean for him to spit them out in his father’s lap. Joey slowly turned his head and looked down to see his black jeans covered with slobbery, half chewed, colorful gummy bears and a whole lot of spit. He smiled slowly and grabbed a napkin as he slowly tried to peel the candy off of his lap as the plane landed and people began to grab their luggage and get off.

Finally after Joey had all of the candy off and Wednesday had our bags we got off the plane and began to walk to the luggage claim. To be honest it was rather odd walking through the airport now with these two. Being in L.A meant more people would know who they were so the guys had to try everything they could to not get mobbed by screaming fans especially since Eric was still so small and was on Joey’s shoulders.

As we stood staring at the luggage claim go around and around I was startled by a young girl scream and run over to Joey and Wednesday who, to say the least, were a little spaced out staring at the bags go in circles.

“Oh my God!!!! Joey Jordison and Wednesday 13 and oh my God is that your son Joey? He’s soooooo cute!!”

The girl seemed to be about 16-18ish with bright red hair and her eyebrow pierced. Behind her was a shy looking guy who looked a little older and was sporting a Taking Dawn shirt and black beanie.

Joey smiled and carefully set Eric down and sent him off to me so he could sign the girl’s white shirt and pose for a picture. Wednesday was also, asked to sign the shirt and pose for a picture. The entire time the girl’s, I’m guessing, boyfriend stood a few feet away staring at Eric and me. As the girl asked about a million questions at 100 miles per hour the guy slowly walked over to me and tapped my shoulder.

“Yeah?”

“I’ve seen you somewhere. I think you sang with Taking Dawn a few years back in Germany I think.”

I thought back to the SlipKnoT tour Joey took me on where I reunited with Chris and Mikey for the first time in who knows how many years.

“Oh yeah. Chris is like my brother. That’s awesome you recognize me though.”

The guy held out a white sharpie pen and asked if I’d sign his shirt sleeve. I happily did as Eric started and asked if he could sign also. The guy cracked a smile for the first time since he walked up and nodded.

“Sure thing little dude. With the last name Jordison and a dad like Joey I’m sure you’ll go places.”

I held onto Eric’s hand as he carefully drew out his name like Joey had taught him completing it with a small E.N.J. The guy asked his girlfriend to take a picture of him with everyone before they left. As soon as the girlfriend took the picture Wednesday took off saying he saw our bags. They said their good byes and walked off to get their own luggage.

“He asked for your autograph?”
I smiled and turned to see Wednesday handing Joey his bag.

“Weird right?”

We all laughed and made our way to the front of the airport. It didn’t take long for me to spot the half-shaven, pierced, tattooed maniac I missed. I dropped my duffel bag and ran over to him and grabbed him in a tight hug.

“Roman!!! How the hell have you been?”

“Hey Ray! I’ve been good. Need my hair done again and missed you guys like crazy including…Where is he?”

Roman let go of me and kneeled down looking right at Eric.

“Excuse me Mr. Eric Nathaniel Jordison but, it seems as though you have forgotten something.”

Eric laughed and ran over to Roman to hug him as Roman picked him up and hoisted him on his shoulders. Roman said hello and hugged Joey and Wednesday before grabbing Eric’s backpack and leading us to his car. As we drove to his place I couldn’t help but think how much I didn’t miss L.A. Well, the only thing I kind of missed was Roman and Jack and that was about it. But no matter how much I missed them I wasn’t moving back. With Roman, Joey, Wednesday and even Eric singing “Summertime Suicide” at the top of their lungs I watched as Roman pulled down a familiar street and then into an even more familiar driveway, next to the black tour bus, up to the white house that started it all.

“Bring back memories Ray?”

I looked over as Joey smiled and kissed me softly before getting out followed closely by Eric who immediately went running to Jack’s old corvette parked off to the side. As I got out Roman grabbed my bag and laughed before heading into the house yelling back at me.

“Come inside when you get your kid!”

I laughed as he kicked the door and tried to open it without his hands. When kicking it failed he began yelling for Jack to open the door. As I walked over to Eric and scooped him up and motioned for Joey to follow me I could hear the front door open and Jack yell at Roman about the foot mark he left on the door.

“Rayna! Joey! Wednesday! Snare!”

Eric wiggled out of my arms and ran to Jack before disappearing inside the house leaving Jack without a hug of even a hello.

“Well, that was rather rude.”

I laughed as he grabbed me in a tight hug and gently pushed me inside the house to say hi to Joey. As the guys talked I walked into the living room as memories rushed into my head. My first night with Joey, Wednesday walking in on my in the shower, my first concert as Joey’s girlfriend, and of course skinny dipping in the pool after the show while the guys were watching movies. I never realized how much I truly missed these crazy guys. As the guys, including Eric, all sat in the living room catching up and talking about the first show tomorrow night I made my way to the staircase and up to the bedrooms. I laughed seeing everyone’s creative way of saying whose room was whose. I smirked seeing that Jason had put a poster on Racci’s old room which I was guessing was now his. As I approached the last door I hesitated a little.

“Come on Ray it’s just a room.”

I took a deep sigh and turned the door knob before walking into the pitch black room. I made my way over to the lamp and blinked a few times as the bright light absorbed the room quickly. I looked around and recognized the posters Joey had left when we left. As I sat on the bed I looked over the nightstand and saw a picture peaking out from under the lamp. I carefully pulled it out and smiled seeing that it was a picture from the last show of the tour I met Joey on. It was barely 4 years ago but it seemed like forever ago. I touched the heart necklace around my neck Joey had given me. My heart was always his no matter what adventures this tour might bring.

“Mommee!!!! Man (his nickname for Roman since he couldn’t pronounce his name still) hit me!!!"

“I did not Rayna!! He’s lying!”

I could hear a bunch of arguing as something sounded like it broke. Here we go again.