Status: Completed.

Who Knew? Not Us.

These Boys Are The Death Of Me.

Frustrated, I kicked the boards around me in the rink. There’s no possible way I could manage to do a backwards cross-over. I’ve been trying to attempt this annoying maneuver for at least two hours. The farthest I’ve gone? Three skates backwards and once my left foot goes over the right, I end up falling on my already bruised hips. I turned around, making an angry attempt for the maneuver. C-cutting backwards perfectly, left leg over and as soon as I thought I had it, I didn’t. My right leg got caught under my left, and I tripped myself landing on my back.
I heard a hearty laugh and a pair of skates cutting their way towards me. Sighing inwardly, looked up at the roof of the ice rink. Negative thoughts entering my mind as I stared. This is impossible! I shouldn’t have thought I could of done it. I heard the skates brake near my head. I turned my head over and looked at the skates. I mumbled irresponsive sentences, along with a few strings of curse words. Another laugh in response. I didn’t need to look to see who it was. I already knew who it would be. He’s the only person who would bother me in my practices at nine o’clock in the morning. He’s the one who I first made friends with here. He’s the one who picks me up when I’m down… literally.
A pair of hands reached down to grab mine. Taking the offer, I hoisted myself up and managed to balance myself on the shaved ice.
“ You know, I’m pretty sure you’re the only idiot to be practicing at 9 in the morning on a Saturday,” he said. I felt his blue eyes bore into my back as I skated away towards the bench to sit. I rolled my eyes and replied,
“ Well, you’re the only idiot to manage to see me at this un-Godly hour. And why is that?” I tilted my head to the side in question, waiting for his response. I bent down to untie my skates.
“ Because, I have nothing else better to do on a Saturday,” he said, watching me as I take my skates off. Relieved, I stretch my foot and ankle back and forth, side to side. I reach for the other skate.
“ If I may say so, you pretty much make yourself a stalker. A morning one, where they wake up early and spy on their prey. ‘Cause I mean, why wake up this hour and watch me skate alone in an empty area?” I asked, while stretching the other foot. The cold air pricking at my body, I shiver slightly.
“ Maybe I am one,” he replied. I shook my head at him. I went to look at my right when I noticed he wasn’t there. Confused, I stood up and looked around myself. Checking the ice, the bench, and the seats behind the glass. Nope. Nowhere near me.
“ Max? Where are you?” I called out in the rink. Slightly scared that he randomly disappeared on me, I picked up my skates and walked around the arena in search for my friend. I walked out to the halls and down to the locker room. I pushed open the door and walked in the room. Heading for my stall I put my skates in my gear bag and zipped it up. I walked across the locker room to get a drink from the fountain, when I was suddenly tackled to the ground from a heavy person.
I squealed the most girlish squeal my entire life and landed on the ground with an “oof” sound. The air in my lungs was gone and I tried to get up from the floor. But the person had grabbed my arms and held them above my head and their face was beside mine. Cheek to cheek, the person said, “Gotcha!” and then laughed.
I groaned in realization and rolled my eyes at the figure- Max. I started kicking my legs around attempting to break free. No such luck. A thought struck me, How in the world was I going to lift an almost two-hundred pound man off me? Not anytime soon. I groaned again and asked,
“ Maxie! Please get off me! I need air to live, moron!” His blue eyes stared at me, and for a minute I was lost in the sight of contact. We were just staring at each other for God knows how long. He broke the contact, by screaming,
“ No! Never! You’re my prisoner!” I winced at his loudness and tried to get rid on the oncoming headache. I exhaled some air out, and said,
“ Max, I need to hear also. Stop being loud!” I yelled back. This position was not comfortable. Hands above my head, being sat on my stomach by my heavy friend on the not so comfy carpeted flooring. He just smiled his toothy smile at me. You could spot his smile a mile away. It was breath-taking. The locker room door busted open. Max and I looked toward the door quizzically and noticed the tall blond- Jordan. He gave us a confused look. He opened his mouth to ask, until Max cut him off saying,
“ Dude, it’s a long story. Don’t ask.” How blunt, Max? Scoffing, I smacked his muscled chest with the back of my hand. He turned back to me and smiled cheerily. I shook my head at him. I’m pretty sure if I shake my head anymore it would roll right off. Thanks to Max. Jordan was still staring. He too, shook his head and said,
“ You know, outside this door with all that noise from your goofing off, sounded pretty weird.” He smiled his million dollar smile and stared again. Max and I stared questionably back at him, apparently still not getting it. Jordan shook his head in defeat and was about to say something until he was cut off- again by the door. It slammed open and revealed another tall man with short brown hair, Pascal.
“Get it on, Max!” He yelled in an comical voice. My eyes widen along with Max’s and he jumped off me to tackle Pascal into the door. I got up brushed myself off and tried to get rid of the red on my cheeks. With no such luck I hurried to my bag and slung in on my shoulder to leave. I left my hair in my face to hide the permanent red on my face. But Jordan saw and burst into a hearty laugh, doubling onto his knees. My face heated some more as I mumbled swear words at him, leaving.
All the rest of the team was outside snickering at me, while I pushed my way through them. These boys were going to be the death of me, I swear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, this is the first chapter of my story. I had it on Quizilla.com, but there has been this odd problem going around on the site. So, basically- Half of my story went missing on the site. But, hopefully, you guys here on Mibba, would rate, comment, and recommend? I would love to get responses back! Thank you for reading!