Sequel: Untouchable.

Forgotten Kisses.

Dinner Meetup.

His hand gripped mine tightly as he led me down to the section of the beach where the bonfire was just starting. I glanced up towards the night sky and found the numerous stars scattered across the sky to be calming. I hadn’t wanted to go tonight, as I usually felt severely uncomfortable around crowds of people I didn’t know, but he insisted. So I eventually agreed. He turned his head to the side and gave me a warm smile as we got closer to the group of people sitting around the fire.

“It’ll be fun, Lia. I promise.”

I returned his smile and nodded my head gently. He gave my hand one final squeeze once we finally reached the group of people who each had a beer in hand.

“Josh!” Max called out once he spotted his best friend getting a couple of beers from the cooler. He quickly made his way towards him, pulling me along with him, his grip on my hand never releasing.

Josh turned around, smiling at the sound of Max’s familiar yell, but once we reached him, his smile slightly fell at the sight of the two of us together. “I didn’t know you two were coming together.”

Max’s face seemed puzzled at this and he gave me a quick glance before returning his attention to Josh. “Well, yeah. I mean, since we were both going, I thought I would just pick her up. S’not really a big deal.”

Josh’s eyes shot to me and he seemed even more perplexed than before. “Lia, you didn’t say you were coming, I could’ve given you a ride.”

I shook my head, my small smile peeking out onto my features. “It’s not really a big deal,” I stated, quoting Max’s previous words. “Max asked if I wanted to go, so I thought only right we go together.” I furrowed my brows at his expression. “Why, is something wrong?”

He opened his mouth, readying himself to answer my question, and honestly, I was quite interested in finding out why he seemed to be giving Max and I such peculiar glances, but by the second the first letter of the word flew from his mouth, Hanna had walked up, attaching herself to his side.

“How cute,” her British accent cut through the silent air as she glanced between Max and I and our interlocked hands. “I knew the two of you would eventually get together.” She shot us a disgusted look. “You suit each other well.”

Max’s hand gripped mine tightly, and I squeezed back, hoping this night would just end already. I had had a feeling that tonight was going to be miserable, and end in nothing but bad misfortune, but against my better judgment, I agreed to come.

“Josh, sweetheart,” she turned her attention to Josh, her smile resting on her lips. “What’s taking so long with the beers? I’m getting proper thirsty over there waiting for you.”

“Sorry, love.” He apologized, reaching into the cooler and pulling out two beers. “I was just saying hello to the guys,” he pointed, referring to us. “They just got here.”

“Well, come on Josh.” She whined, tugging on his arm. “You’re taking all day.” He gave us one final look as he was being pulled off by Hanna, and in that moment, I could’ve sworn I heard my heart shatter.

“Don’t worry about her, Lia.” Max said, giving me a reassuring smile as he turned to face me. “She won’t be around long,” he used his free hand to wrap around me tightly, pushing me into his chest. “She’s not exactly his type.” If only he were right, if only she hadn’t stayed around long.

After a few moments, he pulled away from me and reached into the cooler, pulling out a beer for himself. He then dug back in the cooler and his hand resurfaced with a the familiar red can. “Coke for you, right?” he questioned, giving me his large, familiar smile.

I nodded, returning his smile with a cheesy one of my own, pleased that he remembered how I hated beer. “Coke for me.” I repeated.


&&

I sat in front of the mirror in my bedroom, staring intently at my newly dyed blonde strands. I slightly turned my head to the left, and ran my fingers slowly through the strands, and I turned my head to the right, repeating my actions.

“You look perfect, Dahlia.”

My smile waivered a bit at his use of my first name, but I nodded my head gingerly and turned to see him sprawled across the bed in nothing but his boxers. He motioned for me to join him, and I instantly stood up, climbing onto the bed, and taking my familiar post in his left side.

It was still early in the morning and I hadn’t heard any noise going on downstairs, so I assumed both my father and Catherine were still asleep. The sun was shining through the cracks of the blinds and hitting my green eyes. I closed my eyes and pushed my face into Alex’s side who merely laughed.

“I want to go to dinner tonight.” I told him softly as his smooth hand resting on my hip bone, grazing the skin there casually.

He nodded his head and his hazel eyes met mine. “Whatever you want, beautiful.” I smiled at his words. They felt good to hear. After years spent believing you were anything but wanted, words of encouragement went a long way. I leaned up, pressing my lips against his warm, plump ones.

“I want you to meet my friends.” I told him once our lips had separated and I was basically lying on top of him, my face hovering over his.

His perfectly straight teeth peaked out as he smiled, looking up at me. “We can do that.” He told me as his hands came to rest on either side of my hips.

“Tonight at dinner,” I told him as my face inched closer and closer to his. My hair fell forward and acted as a screen, covering our faces from view. His smile only seemed to intensify the closer my face got to his.

“Sure, tonight it is.” He responded and his grip on my hips tightened. I felt my smile becoming larger as I realized I was in charge of the situation.

“I love you, Alexander.” I told him as our lips found each other in an intense kiss. His hands reached up and knotted themselves into my hair, bringing me closer to him as my hands moved from holding me up to resting on his smooth face.

“I love you, Dahlia.” He responded once our lips had pulled apart. “You’re perfect.” He sat up for just a moment, flipping us over so now I was beneath him and I found myself hitching my breath as his hand trailed slowly up from my leg, to my thigh, and finally where it rested right above my panties.

“Think you can keep quiet?” he asked me, whispering in my ear as his hand pushed my sleep shirt up and his finger carefully drew patterns over my thin panties.

“Mhm.” I barely got out as I nodded my head. He grinned and brought my lips slowly to his.

“Good girl.”

&&

Dinner was going to be a disaster. That much was certain as I stood beside Alex in the mirror as we readied ourselves for tonight’s events. Alex was tying his tie at a relaxed but quick pace and I was sliding on the new black dress, which ended just above my knees that Alex insisted he buy.

“Can you zip me up?” I asked him softly once I noticed he was finished with his tie. He turned to see my struggling with the zipper and he placed his hands over mine, ceasing my movements. He stood behind me, his hand slowly dragging up the zipper as I cautiously watched him in the mirror.

“What’s wrong?” Alex questioned once he took notice of my confounded expression.

I turned to face him, sending him a gentle smile. “Just a little nervous, that’s all.” I insisted.

“Why are you nervous?” he asked me, chuckling softly as he pulled my body to his. “I’m the one who should be worried, I have to give these guys a good first impression!”

I shook my head, my arms sliding between the fabric of his dress jacket and button up shirt and resting snugly around his fit form. “I’m not worried about that, you’ll be perfect. I’m worried about them.” I admitted, closing my eyes briefly. “They get a little obnoxious. You give them enough alcohol and they’ll say things you wouldn’t imagine people would say. I’m afraid they’re going to drive you away and wish you never came.”

He said nothing, and instead pulled my small frame away from his and he stared down at me. “You see this?” he questioned, grasping my left hand and holding up my ring finger for us to see the diamond ring sitting snugly. “This means I’m not going anywhere.” He leaned down, his warm lips kissing my forehead. “I promise.”

&&

I could hear Matt’s laughter the moment we set foot in the crowded restaurant. There was no need to search the area for the boys the moment I heard his loud outburst. It led me straight to the group whom were already settled into the two large tables that were pushed together to accommodate our large group.

“Lia!” Dan shouted out once Alex and I had reached the table. Everyone looked up and noticed us and they all joined in a chorus of shouts, welcoming us.

My eyes immediately shot to the two seats that were left open for Alex and I, which were of course across from none other than Josh and Hanna. I held back my eye roll as I smiled to everyone and grasped Alex’s forearm. “Everyone, this is my fiancé Alex.”

Everyone’s eyes seemed to slowly rake up Alex’s body, each and every one of them scrutinizing his every detail. I bit my lip, knowing the horrendous night had already begun.

“Cheers, mate! Welcome to the group!”

I grinned widely at Max’s words and sent him a silent thank you as everyone eased up a bit and politely shook hands with Alex. We then took our rightful seats and I thanked God Max ended up on my right side.

“Lia, your hair looks absolutely sexy! I didn’t have a thing for blondes until now!” Matt shouted out and the whole table bursted into a fit of laughs. Minus the man sitting on my left who let out a small polite laugh, and the man sitting across from me, who didn’t even look up from his glass of beer.

“So,” Hanna spoke up once the laughing had quieted down. “Staying in California did you well.” Her eyes

I smiled politely, trying my hardest to make tonight go by as smoothly as possible. “It did,” I responded and I felt Alex pat my knee softly.

She nodded her head, casting her eyes away from me and Alex to rest on Max. She smirked. “Poor Maxy.”

My brows hunched in confusion and I glanced around the table to find Chris in mid sip of his drink, Dan awkwardly glancing away from the table, Josh in a look more confused than my own, Alex seeming completely lost and wondering what was going on, and Matt with a simply horrified expression on his face. I turned my attention to Max who was glaring back at Hanna.

“Oh piss off, would you?” he barked, returning his attention to the breadstick he was previously munching on.

Hanna’s face held a smug expression as she turned to Josh and ran a hand through his mess of hair.

“So how did you two meet?” Dan questioned, bringing our attention all back to him.

I nodded, deciding to get back on track and ignore Hanna. “As cliché as it sounds,” I glanced to Alex who was smiling at me, his hazel eyes focused on my green ones. “We met at a coffee shop. The first summer I didn’t come to Weybridge for summer vacation.”

“Well fuck me! Look what we got here!”

My eyes shot up from the table to see a heavily tattooed guy who looked about our age, walking towards our table, with Matt Nicholls who I had met about a week and a half ago.

“I didn’t know you mates were going out tonight, why didn’t you tell us?” the tattooed guy exclaimed as he and Matt grabbed two chairs and made a place for themselves at the table.

I couldn’t seem to wipe the shocked expression on my face as these two just jumped into conversation with everyone, seemingly at ease with the situation. I turned to Alex who seemed utterly uncomfortable and I let out a soft sigh wondering how I had luck like this.

“They’re friends of ours from a band. They live in Sheffield but they’re staying in town for a few weeks.” Max explained once he noticed my expression. I simply nodded, knowing there was nothing else I could possibly do about this situation.

“Oi, bird.” Tattooed guy called out, grabbing my attention. He was smirking as his hazel eyes locked onto mine. “What’s your name, beautiful?”

My mouth slightly dropped at this and I took this as a sign of God fucking me over for anything wrong I’ve done in my life. Alex seemed more shocked than I did at his comment and Josh sat before me, eyes closed tightly with his hand covering his face.

“It’s, uh, Dahlia.”

“Dahlia,eh?” he repeated, looking between all the guys sitting at the table. His eyes widened as his friend Matt gently hit his arm and his eyes were back on mine. “Dahlia, as in Lia?” he smirked. “Interesting.”

Dinner could’ve have been more dysfunctional. If someone else managed to walk through the door, or something from the past was brought up, I didn’t think it could’ve made it more dysfunctional than it already was.

Noticing how uncomfortable Alex seemed throughout the entire dinner, even as I knew he was trying his best to seem at ease, we didn’t stay long. I’d had enough and I planned to go back home and throw myself under the covers and pray that tomorrow morning, Alex wouldn’t want answers about anything he heard at dinner tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best chapter, but hey, it's an update isn't it? (;

anyways, i've got a new story idea in mind and pretty much everything is planned out, i just need a guy to put as the main character, so leave a comment telling me who you'd like to see in my next story! (:

also, i posted a new chapter for my Josh Franceschi / Oli Sykes story, so you guys should check it out and leave some feedback! It'll bring more frequent updates! Redemption in the Verse.