‹ Prequel: Wolf's Heart

Wolf's Kiss

Prolouge

Image

Katima smiled as she looked through the jewelry one of the village merchants had laid out. There were pretty colored beads and rocks, and even a few precious jewels. The merchant had bracelets, necklaces and even pins that you could put on your clothing. She picked up a necklace, a simple thin black rope that held a purple gem stone. The stone was smooth against her fingers, a bit warm which shocked her and made her smile grow. She was about to ask the merchant how much he wanted for the necklace – then haggle him down to a more appropriate price- when she heard the most annoying voice in the world.

“Hey, babe! You comin’?”

Katima turned with a snarl, growling at Warrick who was about twenty feet away and walking out of the market “I’m not your babe!”

She was still snarling when sure turned back to the wide-eyed, shaking in his boots merchant. She smiled innocently and placed the necklace back, “Sorry about that…” she backed up slowly, then spun and stalked to Warrick, “Call me ‘babe’ one more time and you’ll find yourself suddenly feminine.”

She speed up her pace before he could comment more, smiling as she reached Alem’s side, “Hello Alem, how are you this fine afternoon?”

Alem smiled at her, “I’m doing good, I see you and Warrick are getting along.”

Katima snorted, “Yeah… when we get back to your Tribe we’re going to paint our toenails and talk about who’s crushin’ on who.”

Alem laughed, “Make sure Rick’s wearing light pink, the color really brings out his eyes.”

Warrick jogged to walk at Alem’s other side, “No, light pink washes out my skin tone… I’m more of a rose red.”

Katima rolled her eyes as Alem laughed louder. When will this trip end?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short... but I hope you all like it