My Heart Yearns

Trip

Everything was perfect. After the wedding, we all dispersed to a beautifully decorated building. It had the same color scheme as the wedding: mostly white with orange hints. The room crowded quickly and I found myself being pulled away to talk to different people. Kakashi was quiet as I did most of the talking.

"Ah yes," I responded, pink coloring my cheaks. "I didn't want them to feel left out! I mean, just imagine how they'd feel!" The elderly couple laughed and nodded, continuing talking and talking….and talking…and talking. I then vaguely noticed them ask me a question. Kami, I wasn't paying attention! Agh!

"We can't tell you all our secrets now can we?" Kakashi said secuctively and then gave a wink. My mouth probably hung all the way to the floor. Since when was he paying attention? And like that, I was whisped away.

"Hana! Kakashi! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!" I was caught in a tight hug by some middle aged women. I had absolutely no idea who she was. Heck, I knew less than half the people here! Gah.

"Oh, thank you," I said sweetly and she pulled away.

"I expect to see children pronto!" she said and I looked sheepishly toward Kakashi then back to the lady. "So you better take a long and secluded honeymoon, you here me? Eh?" She wiggled her eyebrows and I became beat red. Agh! People are so embarrassing!

"Oh trust me, Jiruichi-san, I won't be sharing Hana anytime soon." The lady beamed happily. And again, woosh! I need a nap. Like a month long nap. A lady younger than me came up to me and eyed me suspcisiously.

"So this is her, huh?" she looked me up and down and I squirmed under her intense gaze. "Well if you ever get bored, you know where to find me." I took in a sharp intake of air.

Oh, hell no!

"What's your name again?" I asked her sugar sweetly.

"Ai Ryutzi," she said, putting a hand on her hip. She was a good few inches taller than me. I didn't care. I stood on my tippy toes so I was at her height. Then I jabbed my index finger into her colar bone.

"Well, Ai, you can take your slutty ass away from here and my husband and go find some scum that actually wants you," I said jabbing her with each word. She backed up a few steps but I stepped forward. "If you don't, I will make you wish you did." The girl gulped audibly before turning around briskly and strutting away quickly. Kakashi chuckled beside me and I huffed, putting my heals down and standing at my normal height.

"You're too good looking," I whined to Kakashi, looking over at him. He chuckled again. My body tingled all over and I smiled. I loved his chuckle.

"You should see what I have to put up with."

"Wait, what?"

"Nevermind, Hana."

"No, I want to know."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"Haaanaaa…." A sudden clinking of a glass made Kakashi and me stop arguing. We looked up to a little stage where we were attacked with unnaturally bright green.

Agh, my eyes!

"I would like to make a speech, for my dear friend Kakashi and his beautiful bride, Hana." Oh no. Who gave him permission to speak? I looked over Kakashi who looked guilty.

"How could you?" I whispered to him accusingly.

"He caught me at my worst." I groaned and looked up to Gai. It couldn't be that bad, right?

"Kakashi and I have been bitter rivals since I could remember." Kakashi scoffed. I elbowed him in the side. Be nice, I told him with my eyes. "Our score being fifty-one to fifty—me having the fifty-one of course." Again Kakashi scoffed. I didn't even bother to elbow him and rolled my eyes. "But now, I must say that Kakashi is winning. He has married such a youthful and spirited young woman and I find myself in the shadow. I rememer back when the two didn't even get along. They tried to strangle each other everywhere they went. Now they're youthful and being youthful together." How many times can a person say youthful? "Hana has become a very mature woman—" he cleared his throat. "And my good friend, Kakashi, has become a very formidable enemy. I wish them all of luck. Let us raise our glasses!" Everyone did so. "To Kakashi and Hana, that they be youthful and multiply!"

"Amen!" "Agreed!" "Could'nt have said it better myself!

I blushed darkly again. Is everyone in this village perverted? Kakashi raised his glass and I soon followed, slamming mine gently into his. Then we drank it and I felt instantly refreshed. I looked at my empty glass and then to Kakashi's which was still mostly full of champagne. I grabbed his quickly and guzzled it down, my throat burning as the alcohol went down. I sighed contently. Where can I find more of this?

Then was the cutting of the cake. I went over to it with Kakashi and giggled profoundly when I saw it. See, I left Kakashi to get the cake so I had never seen it before. The two little people on the cake had their hands up in fists, ready to fight. The man, although he didn't have the gravity defying hair that I so loved, had a black mask painted on his face. The woman, although looking nothing like me, had a dark pinkish red color on her cheeks. Yep, that definitely sums it up.

I looked over at Kakashi and smiled. It's perfect. His mask crinkled in a smile back. We cut a piece of cake together and Kakashi caught me when I pushed too hard on the nife and nearly lost balance in the proccess. Then, when he was supposed to get a forkfull of cake and feed it to me romantically, he shoved the cake in my face.

My mouth probably fell to the floor again.

Oh no, he didn't!

I cut another piece, scooped it up with my hand and splattered it across his mask and face, rubbing it in with my fingers. The people around us laughed and I could hear Kakashi's laugh along with theirs. I sighed contently. Perfect.

Next came presents. The first one I opened was a bottle of champagne. Yeah, I opened that on the spot. I took a sip of it before opening the next box. Inside sat things that I really rather not think about. I blushed and pushed the box away, pulling another toward me. I got a bunch of random house things like a toaster, coffee maker, fancy wine glasses, some pots and pans, pillow and bed sheets, other house things, and other more private stuff that I would never use and would forever refuse to talk about.

I took the bottle of champage with me as we went around talking to more people. I noticed a little while later that it was empty and groaned unhappily. Where had it all gone? I disposed of the empty bottle on one of the many tables and Kakashi pulled me over to the large amount of space in the middle of the room. Then started our dance. It was a good thing I had taken dance for so many years as a kid—not a goat! You know, a child. A human child. I was never a goat. Why would I have been? Why wouldn't you have been? Well why wouldn't I have been? That's a good question. My brain couldn't wrap around it so I shrugged and enjoyed the dance.

"Mmm, Kakashi," I said into his ear.

"Yes, Hana?"

"Can we leave?" He chuckled.

"No, not yet."

"But I want to go…and be alone." He chuckled again, his chest purring against mine.

"Not until tonight, Uindo." I put my lower lip out even though he couldn't see it, my head laying on his shoulder. The night was long, filled with more people I didn't know, more embarrassing moments to myself, and more talking of making children. Agh! My face turned red.

After dancing a few dances with Kakashi, someone put his hand on Kakashi's arm and beckoned Kakashi to let him dance with me. Kakasi gestured for the person to and I saw Naruto. My face lit up and I grabbed onto him and began dancing with him.

"Is this as boring to you as it is to me?" I asked him and he laughed.

"Well, Ino's here…so…" I laughed.

"Ah, that's true. I have Kakashi, but the old women keep taking him away from me." Another laugh.

"You may have some competition," Naruto kidded. Is that a verb for baby goats too? Just baby goating! Ha ha. No, I don't think so.

"Nah, they only wish." The rest of the dance with Naruto was quiet but pleasant. That's the kind of aura Naruto gave off. He shown with charisma, a kind spirit, and an atmosphere that just made people want to be around him. Me having competition? I scoffed. Ino is going to be the one worried about competition. It was already starting to happen. Naruto was maturing and maturing quite handsomely at that. But Naruto would definitely have competition also. Ino was turning into a beautiful young woman. She had always been a pretty child, but now…now she was trully blossoming.

I turned to see Tenten leaning against a wall, people talking around her but no one was standing next to her or trying to get her attention. She sat there silently, eyes open and absorbing everything and everything around her. Not one detail got past her and her eyes met mine. She gave me a half attempt at a smile. I smiled back at her. She was Ino and Naruto's opposite. She was pretty, but lacked the longed for blue eyes and blond hair. She had grown a lot from when I had first met her. She used to be shorter than me. Not now, she was a good four inches taller than me. At least. She had a muscle-y kunoichi build, a nearly flat chest, and minimal curves. But she was in no way manly. She had a definite feminine feel about her. She was beautiful in her own way. If only she'd let her hair out of those tight buns every once in a while. I need to find someone for her. She's so lonely seeing all of us with someone else so important. She knows I love her, Kakashi loves her, and Naruto loves her, but she wants more than that. She wants my Kakashi, or Naruto's Ino. She wants that someone. I sighed, turning away and pushing back the urge to fret and stress over her.

I caught sight of grafity defying silver hair and smiled, heading in that direction. I walked up and stood next to Kakashi and he put an arm loosely around my waist. He continued talking to whomever he was talking to and I didn't bother to pay attention. I looked up and mused about is hair. Since it's already silver, what will happen when his hair greys? Or has it already greyed? I gigled. No, he's always had that silvery hair. Oh gosh, I gasped. What if he balds early? My mood dropped and I pulled one of my hands through his hair. I love his hair. I love it. He can't lose it! Gah! Is there a jutsu to reverse it?

"Hana?"

"Heh?" I blinked back to reality.

"I was just telling Iruischi-san about our future plans." Future plans? We really didn't have any. I noticed Kakashi looking a bit anxious and had to stifle a giggle.

"Iruischi-san, we are definitely planning on having children. Several if fate permits. We plan to raise them in the house we bought a shot time ago. Obviously, we will enroll them into the Academy when they come of age. And for Kakashi and I? Well, we'll continue living in that lovely house together until we grey—" If that's possible for him, I mused. "—and grow old. Naruto and Tenten are welcome to stay with us as long as they desire, but I doubt they will want to too much longer. They have such promising futures ahead of them." That struck the chord. The man's eyes lit up. Oh, I'm good.

"Ah yes, indeed. I hear that Naruto is even being considered for hokage!" he said happily, his eyes shutting in a smile. Hokage? Woah.

"Rumors, rumors. But he certainly has the ability and potential."

"Indeed. That boy could have the world if he wanted it. There's just something about him that draws people to him. Just look at him!" I did. I turned to the side and looked at Naruto whose hand was around Ino's. I smiled. Aw, cute! He had many people his age and older surround him and talking to him. Unlike Tenten who simply stood there as a shadow, Naruto was the buzz of conversation and the center of attention. I was happy for Naruto but looked over sadly at Tenten. She had remained where she was. She checked around her, looking for any immediate or un-immediate threat. Oh, Tenten.

"Yes, but the same could be said for Tenten," I said, turning back to the man. What was his name? Iruki? Iruka? Iruchi?

"Ah," the Iru-man said and paused. "But she has a very different path awaiting for her."

"What do you mean?" I said quickly, confusion showing on my face.

"I see her more in the lines of ANBU black ops, criminal investigations, or the torture department hidden beneath Konoha. She has a very different feel about her."

"What kind of feel? I don't notice it."

"That's because you're blinded by your love for her, Hatake-chan. But she has a dangerous feel about her. Almost like the Uchiha had before he left." My gaze darted toward her again. Her eyes were narrowed at a person that was standing near her. He was a young man around her age, who was going to approach her. Probably to ask her to dance. I couldn't tell what either was saying but whatever she said, she said with her eyes narrowed and words tight. The man darted away seconds later. I looked back at the Iru-man.

"She…she just needs some time. Some people to love and care for her," I said, more trying to convince myself than the man beside me.

"I pray to Kami you're right, Hatake-chan. No one wants another like the Uchiha on the loose." The man then walked away and my mood plummetted. Could Tenten…could she run away too? Kakashi wrapped his arms around me.

"She's not going anywhere, Hana. She has a reason to stay."

"So did Sasuke," I sighd. "but he left anyway." I was so afraid of losing another family member. Even all the alcohol in my system couldn't make my thoughts unclear enough for me to not worry. It was always with me. I would always worry about losing my family. Whether it be to another, to revenge, or to death itself.

The after party finally ended and my family left for home. I pushed through the doors first, happy to be home. I sighed happily. "Home sweet home!" I called and practically ran to the room. "Argh! Kakashi, can you help me?" Kakashi laughed and came into the room, shutting the door and helping me pull off the incredibly complicated white dress. Then his lips attatched to mine and I became light headed. All the sudden we were both on the bed and I moaned.

"Ew! At least wait till we're asleep!" Naruto whined and Kakashi and I chuckled, but resumed. Ah. I love you so much, Kakashi.

I love you forever and ever and ever.

Till the end and even after.

Forever after.

---

(Naruto)

I hesitated at the door of mom and Kakashi's room, afraid of what might be happening on the other side. I put my ear to the door and heard no sounds. Here goes nothing! I reach for the handle and it suddenly bursts open. Mom gasps.

"What are you doing creeping at the door? You gave me a heart attack!" she cried, putting a hand over her heart, closing her eyes, and acting faint. If she's feeling faint now! I grinned but then my face became solemn. She already said no once.

"Mom?" I asked, completely serious. She must have noticed and stood normally.

"Yes?"

"I…I want to travel with Jiraiya. It—"

"No! Absolutely not!" She suddenly yelled.

"Please? I don't see why you won't let me go." I'm not a little kid. I need to go on this trip. I need the pervy sage to train me. Why can't she see that?

"Naruto…I…I can't let you go."

"Why not? I'm not a kid, mom! I can take care of myeslf just fine!" Angry was an understatement. Her gaze went to the floor and I suddenly felt guilty. What came over me? Why did I yell?

Why am I so angry all the sudden?

"N…Naruto!" Hana gasped.

"What?" I yelled.

"You…you're eyes, they're different!" Different?" "And your chakra…it's all…weird…not your normal kind."

Shit.

---

(Hana)

Why is he being covered in red chakra? Oh, Naruto! What's wrong?

"Can I help?" I asked, uncertain of what I could possibly do. I didn't even know what was wrong.

"Stop trying to change topics! Why won't you let me go?" He nearly growled. It sounded almost like an animal. I shivered. Where is this coming from? Why is he so angry? The chakra prickled at my skin and another shiver went up my spine. If I don't respond he's just going to get angrier. If I respond wrongly he will get angrier. I need to calm him.

"Because…because I don't want to lose you too," I whispered quietly. The red chakra immediately disappeared.

"You don't want to lose me?" he asked in confusion.

"I already lost Sasuke…I…I didn't stop him from leaving. But you," I said and looked him in the eyes. "I can stop you from leaving. I love you, Kakashi loves you, and so does Tenten. You are the only son I have. It'd be like losing Sasuke all over again. I don't care if I have to fight you to keep you here. I will."

"Oh, mom!" Naruto said and wrapped me up in his arms. He was already huge compared to me but I sighed and breathed in his smell. "I never thought about it hurting you."

"I know, Naruto, I know…" I said and hugged him back. "I love you more than the stars, squirt…and if you have to go—well, I won't stop you."

"What?" Naruto gasped and let go of me, eyes searching my face.

"I said if you go, I will support you. This is obviously something you really want to do. I can't have you forever…that's not fair. You can go with Jiraiya, but just give me one reason. Give me the reason you want to do this."

Don't say to become stronger…don't say to become stronger. I-I can't take that. I can't. It will be too much like Sasuke. Naruto, you have too much of a future! You could capture the stars if you wanted to! You're practically hokage already!

"I…I…" Naruto hesitated, eyebrows knotting. He sighed, then made eye contact. "I want to become stronger—"

No! No, no, no!

"So that I can bring Sasuke back." I felt light headed. I looked up into his sad blue eyes. He still blamed himself for Sasuke leaving. I bit my lip.

"That…it…that's a good reason." Naruto's face brightened.

"Really? You'll let me go?" I smiled back at him.

"It's not like I could've stopped you anyway," I laughed. "But yes, that's a good reason. It's a good intention that is meant to bring about good. There's nothing wrong with it." Naruto pulled me into another bone crushing hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" he yelled and I laughed.

"You're squishing me," I said and he laughed, putting me down. "You better go pack." He smiled and bounded across the house to his room. I laughed at him and held onto the door frame for support. It's like he's moving out and becoming a grown up. Ugh. I sound like a grandma again.