Status: Comments help, but i update as much as possible :)

Carry Us Away

Shown down on them and took them in

Garrett:

The bright lights of the club shown down on our faces. I could already hear the thumping of the loud music from outside. I frowned at the sign, The Biz, It said in flashy pink lights. When I made plans with Gabrielle for tonight it must have slipped her mind that she was inviting us to a gay club.

But a part of me knew she had done it on purpose.

I eyed the other guys and I could already tell what they were thinking. “Look, don’t say anything okay? I know this is—not what we expected, but…”

“If some guy tries to come on to me I will lose my shit.” John groaned as we walked in. “Like seriously, if some guy tries to grab my junk I will not hesitate to knock him out.”

“Hey, straight people go to gay clubs all the time.” Kennedy felt the need to point out.

Jared let out one of his infamous laughs, the one that comes from the depths of his belly. He slapped Kennedy lightly on the pack. “You’d know all about that buddy wouldn’t ya?”

Kennedy opened his mouth but it hung open in thought. “That’s not what I—fuck you.” They both laughed.

I was just focused on finding Gabrielle. The bright clothing around me and the even brighter strobe lights were tripping me out and I was already regretting coming here. We walked through the side of the dance floor just trying to get to the bar. Needless to say, we didn’t fit in. The guys and I were all wearing some variation of black or gray when everyone else had on neon colors.

I felt someone tapping on my shoulder and spun around to see Gabrielle. I sighed in relief when my eyes landed on her.

She smirked at me and leaned into whisper in my ear. “Having fun?”

I swallowed at the feeling of her hot breath warming the sensitive skin of my neck and her fingers on my wrist. “Uh, um, no-not exactly.”

She let out a breathy laugh that almost sounded like a low growl at the back of her throat. It was really sexy, but I tried to push that thought to back of my head. “Not what you were expecting, huh?”

“Yo-you could say that.”

She looked up and eyed the rest of the band. I cleared my throat. “Oh right, this is Pat, Kennedy, Jared, and John.” I said pointing to each guy as I said their name.

Her eyes flashed with excitement and I didn’t like it all. It was as if just being around testosterone turned her into some kind of animal ready to pounce. She eyed John before grabbing my hand and leading us to a table in the back where two other girls where already sitting, sipping on martinis.

“So,” Gabrielle began as she sat down and motioned for us to sit down as well. “This is Jessica and this is Shelby. They’re my roommates.”

We exchanged introduction and sat for a while getting to know each other. Kennedy and Jessica wandered off somewhere, already hitting it off. Gabrielle leaned into me, “Can you get me something to drink? I’m not exactly of legal age.” She whisper-shouted in my ear.

I nodded and got up pulling Pat with me.

“What do you want?”

She smiled. “Rum and Coke, please.”

It didn’t slip my mind when John scooted closer to Gabrielle as soon as I got up, but I figured Gabrielle wasn’t the type of girl to give in easily. Even though I knew what John was capable of and I was a little unsettled by this knowledge.

I ordered the drink quickly and made my way back to the table to find only Kennedy, Jessica, and Jared.
“Where’s Gabrielle?” And where’s John for that matter?

Jessica laughed at what Kennedy was saying before turning to me. “Hmm… oh, Gabrielle went to the bathroom and I think John went after some blonde in a red dress.” She let out a laugh. “Little does he know that she’s a lesbian.”

I laughed with relief and sat down waiting for Gabrielle. It wasn’t long before she came back. She smirked when she saw the drink.

I offered it to her. “So if you’re not old enough to drink yet… how old are you?”

Gabrielle twisted in her seat so that she was facing me. “You know you’re never supposed to a woman her age? Really pisses them off…”

Apologies immediately started leaving my lips.

She put a finger to my lips to stop me. “Garrett, stop. I was just messing with you. I’m nineteen. And I’m guessing you’re twenty-one?”

I nodded. Gabrielle returned to her drink as I watched her sip it, I couldn’t help but once again think about what I was getting into. The last serious relationship I had was with my ex-girlfriend Rachel and I told her I still loved her… that I always would. Honestly, I still don’t think I was over her.

“You looked stressed? Why are you so stressed?” Gabrielle asked loudly. The alcohol was already settling in her stomach and making her giddy.

“I’m fine.” I tried to assure her.

“You, Garrett.” She said stabbing a finger in my chest. “Are no fun. At. All.”

I reached across her and grabbed her drink swallowing it in one large gulp. I let out a refreshing sigh after it went down with a burning sting at the back of my throat. “And now you don’t have a drink.”

She glared at me for what felt like the longest time. I felt like she was about to pounce when all out of no where she let out a laugh. Her body was shaking uncontrollably as she roared with laughter. I tried my hardest to keep my eyes on her face despite the way her low cut top revealed more of her body than usual. She reached over and started to chug my beer. I didn’t think that was a good idea seeing how fast the rum and coke had made her loopy, but she swatted my hand away. After finishing it she smirked and handed the empty bottle to me.

Her eyes grew wide as she focused them on me. “You know the lead singer of your band?”

I tried to decide if I wanted to be sarcastic. Why the hell wouldn’t I know the lead singer of the band I was in? But instead of humoring her I just said, “John?”

“The tall lanky hot one?” She asked.

Okay, so I didn’t agree that he was hot, but I nodded my head anyways.

She started to bop her head up in down to match my nod only hers was looser. She was such a lightweight.

“Yeah, that one. He’s a He-Wolf.”

For the first few seconds I thought Gabrielle was losing her mind, but then I remembered what she had told me the other night about the Manther. This was just another one of her silly guy categories. “How so?” I asked her.

“Well, He-Wolf’s are the type of guys that have to be in a group of other guys like in a wolf-pack. Get it? And if not in a pack, then he always hast to have at least one wingman, but whoever he’s with he has to be the alpha male, the top dog.”

I shrugged. “That does sound a lot like John, actually.”

She shoved my shoulder lightly. “See? I told you I’m good at this stuff. Oh, and another thing about He-Wolf’s they tend to be aggressive when they get mad, like it takes a lot to get them angry, but once they do well then that’s that. Another thing, I’ve noticed is He-Wolfs travel in groups, because they have a lot of guarded feelings that they tend to keep to themselves.”

I looked down at Gabrielle who was toying wit the hem of her skirt. She did seem to know a lot about this kind of stuff. Did that also mean that she had a lot of experience when I have only had one really serious relationship? She looked up at me and smiled.

“I’m right aren’t I?” She asked about John.

I shrugged. “Yeah, you pretty much got him spot on. I-I mean I’m pretty sure that’s why he’s so good at song writing. It’s the only way to get what he’s feeling out.” I knew these words were coming from a far away place as I continued thinking about my previous thought about Gabrielle.

I looked off into the distance my eyes focusing on the club decorations on the wall across from us.

I felt her soft fingers touch my cheek as she directed my face so that I was looking at her. She searched my eyes. “What’s wrong? Something’s wrong I can tell.”

I averted my eyes away from her deep brown ones that seemed to be a lighter shade of brown in the center, an almost hazel gold. I had never noticed them before. “It’s nothing.”

She sighed and let her hand fall from my face. “Rule number—”

“Gabrielle, I don’t want to hear another one of your rules about douche bag guys. I don’t know what type of guys you’ve been with, but just know that I’m not like them, okay? So stop comparing me to them.”

She glared at me. “That’s not what I was going to say.” She ran a hand through her hair and bit her lip as a new facial expression took over her face. It was a look of nervousness.

My face softened at the look on her face.

“Then what were you going to say?”

Image


Gabrielle:

I smiled. “Rule number one when dealing with guys you like: Make sure he knows that you like him.”

I saw Garrett’s blue eyes cloud with confusion, like a stormy day, I couldn’t help thinking. Then his face brightened. “I didn’t know you had rules about guys you liked?”

It was true that he didn’t know, but then again no one did. While I always talked about my douche-bag rules, never had I talked about those other set of rules. I always kept them to myself. Mainly because I knew that I always ended up falling for the wrong guy, the real d-bags. Garrett, however, wasn’t like that. I hadn’t meant to tell him that rule, because in telling him it I had admitted that I liked him.

I spun my straw in my cup of rum and coke that know held nothing but a few melting ice cubs. “Well, consider yourself lucky, because not many people do.”

I looked up to see a grin spreading across Garrett’s face. He shook a hand through his thick hair and looked up letting out a laugh. It sounded like he was relieved. I eyed this new sense of relief taking over him.

“Garrett, do you want to dance?”

He shook his head quickly. “No, I’m not really much of a dancer.”

I let out a laugh as I stared past Garrett at someone on the dance floor. “Well neither is your friend, but that’s not stopping him.”

Garrett turned around to see Jared dancing out of tune with the beat seeping through the speakers with booming bass drops that made the walls shake. He let out a laugh.

“Come on.” I said, pushing him out of the booth. “Let’s dance just as badly next to him so that it takes the attention away from him.”

He let me drag him onto the dance floor and I instantly felt stranger’s bodies pushing against mine. I could tell that Garrett was immediately uncomfortable. I laughed and just brought him deeper into the crowd next to Jared. I leaned up and shouted in Jared’s ears that we where gonna dance with him.

Although, guys were my main topic of interest, I had spent my fair share of time observing girls since they were my competition after all. I knew the way they liked what was taken, what they couldn’t have. I gripped both of Garrett’s hands and centered him in front of me and then let go to reach up behind me to grab Jared’s hands. I placed them on my hips. I saw the look on Garrett’s face so I placed my hands on top of Jared’s so that he wouldn’t let go and brought him with me so that I was closer to Garrett.

“I’m just trying to help him get laid tonight.” I told him with a laugh.

Garrett frowned, “By letting him dance with you?”

“No, but by letting him dance with us.” I started swaying my hips to the music. I let go of Jared’s hands and wrapped them around Garrett’s neck bringing him closer to me. He pressed his forehead against mine and smiled.

“This is the weirdest thing I’ve ever done.”

“Stick around, you’d be surprised.” I said as I nibbled on his ear.

We pushed our bodies closer together so that I was straddling one of his legs and he was straddling mine. I was like a scene from dirty dancing, but we didn’t care because everyone around us was dancing just the same or even worse. I felt Jared come up closer behind me just letting the music dictate his dance moves. I leaned my head back onto Jared’s shoulder.

And my eyes landed on a brunette that was eyeing us. “I think there’s someone over there that wants to dance with you.” I told him. I felt the pressure that Jared had been putting on me weaken and soon he made his way over to her and started dancing.

“Thanks.” He grinned at the two of us.

I turned around so that now my back was to Garrett. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and kissed me below my ear. “Do I get you to myself now?”

The flashing lights were beating down on us, the music was way too loud, but I liked the way my body felt up against Garrett’s. I could feel beads of sweat breaking out across my forehead knowing I desperately needed to cool off, but the way Garrett held me… it was like he never wanted to let go.

I couldn’t hold it back the way I was feeling anymore. I twisted around, our bodies pulsating against each other and kissed him roughly. At first he was so shocked that he just froze, but soon he started kissing back. His lips were rough, but it felt good against mine. I clenched my fists on his chest letting the fabric crunch under my hands and his hands were roaming my entire body. Our tongues made their way into each other’s mouths and soon I was getting lightheaded.

I pulled away and grabbed his hand. Swinging it lightly, I wanted to whisper to him in my raspy voice, but because it was too loud I had to yell. I didn’t care though. At this moment, I wanted him and I wasn’t about to let that feeling fade too quickly.

So with a tug of his hand I told him.

“Let’s get out of here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is by far my favorite story to write. I just wish more people read it :( Anyways, I'm really sorry about taking so long. It's kind of been a crazy week. This next chapter is sooo good!

Thank you to commenters and readers <3