Computer Lovers

The Confession

Derik's P.O.V.

I had returned to Maine a few days after Alba's graduation. I love her so much. She looked gorgeous sporting her baby bump. It would only be a matter of weeks before I would be spending time with Alba. She was sort of pissed at her doctor for putting her on bed rest. Her doctor feels that her pregnancy is high risk. I walked into the living room of the tiny worn down trailer that I shared with my mother.

"Mom I was wondering do you know any movers that I can afford with about two hundred dollars." I asked as I lit up a cigarette taking a long drag. She pondered for a minute and then looked at me.

"Oh what? Sick of me already? Riky you don't have to move, you can stay with me as long as you want." she offered, as a loud crash sounded in the living room as she started to exit I blurted my secret that I had be keeping for seven months.

"Torrance is pregnant. I need to move out, because I need to be with her and my daughter." my hands shook as my mother approached me. He face twisted in an almost demented look.

"I'm going to need you to repeat yourself. You said you need to move because why?" she grumbled as she poked out her chest. I was almost too afraid to speak, but I figured since I hid my fiancé’s pregnancy for this long, my mother need to know, she was going to be a grandmother...again. See when my sister was eighteen or nineteen she got pregnant with my niece McKenzie. My mother always thought that me and Alba were going to wait.

"Mom, Torrance is pregnant with my child. We are having a baby girl." my voice cracked as I looked into her eyes. I stumbled backwards a little and soon felt the sting of her hand coming across my face. I knew that her reaction to my fiancé’s pregnancy was going to be bad but I didn’t think it would be that bad. Soon I heard the sobs of my mom. I looked at her awestruck, of all the things I thought she was going to do, crying was not one of them

"Derik! Why didn't you tell me sooner! Why would you keep that from me!" her body shook with each sob that left her lungs. It soon hit me that she was not angry that I had gotten Alba pregnant at seventeen, but that I had kept her one joy from her, her grandchild. The one thing that my mother took so much pride in. I then knew what I had to do. I disappeared into my room and dug through all my belongings. I soon found the ultrasound picture that Alba had given me from her last appointment. I walked out and tapped mom's shoulders lightly, and I held the picture out. Her hand wrapped around it and her mouth curved into a smile and she looked at me.

"This is my grandchild?" she asked as she wiped her nose with the back of her hand. I sighed a yes and I sat down in the chair feeling shitty about keeping the pregnancy away from my mom.

"Mom, I'm-" I hesitated. My mother looked me in my eyes and smiled.

"I know Riky. I know." She agreed as she gazed at the picture that gave her more joy than anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guy's enjoy the chapter!

Any suggestions for what should be in the next chapter?

Please subscribe!