Status: On Hold.

A Life as a Pirate

The Battle

I awoke to cannon fire. I jumped up out of my bed and ran out onto the deck. I saw that we were not side by side with the Black Pearl. I grabbed a gun from one of the lost crew and started to shoot across.
“We could use a few more ideas, lass,” Gibbs called to Elizabeth.
“Your turn!” Elizabeth shouted to Will.
“We need us a devil’s dowry.” Said Gibbs.
Anamaria grabbed Elizabeth and pointed her pistol to Elizabeth’s head, “We’ll give them her.”
“She’s not what they’re after,” whispered Will.
“What are they after,” I asked him.
“Us and…”he turned to Elizabeth.
She touched her chest, “The medallion.”
Will stood up and ran to the port hole to the lower deck. “Us,” I squeaked to Elizabeth.
“You’re both Turner’s,” said Gibbs. “They need your blood.”
A cannon ball hit one of the sails and sent it sideways, connecting the ships with its mast. The pirates threw over the grappling hooks and started to board our ship. I shot as they came over and cut down others with my sword. Someone caught me from behind and threw me down to the floor holding a gun to my head. A boot came into view and kicked them over. I looked up and saw Jack swinging acrossed. I smiled as he swung back wards knocking a guy that had Gibbs as sword point over the edge of the boat.
“Jack!” Gibbs and I cried at once.
Jack smiled at me and then turned to Gibbs and handed him his rum container, “Bloody empty.”
“Jack,” I smiled grabbing his arm.
“You,” he said grabbing my arm, “come with me.” We ran down towards the wheel where Elizabeth was fist fighting with pirates. One grabbed her and held a sword up. Jack caught the man’s arm, “That’s not very nice.” And Elizabeth then knocked him over the side with her shot gun. Jack grabbed us and pulled us down away from the gun fire. “Where’s the medallion?”
“Wretch!” shouted Elizabeth as she tried to slap him.
He grabbed her hand, “Ahh. Where’s dear William?”
We both turned to where Will had disappeared under the ship. “Will,” whispered Elizabeth she then got up to try and get him out.
I went to follow her but Jack grabbed my arm, “Le’ me go!”
“Promise me something first,” he said in all seriousness. “Do not tell them your name.”
“What? What does…”
He cut me off. “Don’t tell them your name.” He turned. “Monkey!” he then ran off chasing the monkey. I shook my head and ran over next to Elizabeth.
“Will!” I cried.
“Help!” he cried back up.
I started to push away everything that was on the trap door but someone grabbed both me and Elizabeth.
“Will!” we both cried.
“Elizabeth! Jezabell!” he shouted back at us.
“No! Let go of me you filthy pirates!”
“Shut up, wench,” one of them yelled, slapping me.
“Gents, our hope is restored!” cried Barbossa and the pirates all cheered.
The pirates pulled all of the crew over to the Black Pearl and tied us up against the mast, rather poorly at that. But Will was still over there.
“If any of you so much as thinks the word ‘parley,’ I’ll have your guts for garters,” said the pirate who had been shot before. I ducked under the rope the same time Elizabeth did, just to watch the Interceptor explode.
“Will!” I screeched.
“You’ve got to stop it!” Elizabeth yelled running up to Barbossa. “Stop it!”
“Welcome back, miss,” he said turning around and holding her arms. “You took advantage of your hospitality last time. It holds fair now you return the favor.” He then pushed over into the crowd of pirates.
I turned around with tears in my eyes to watch Will climb up onto the ship. “Will,” I whispered running over towards him.
“Barbossa!” he shouted. He jumped down next to me and picked up a pistol and held it pointed at Barbossa. “She goes free.”
“What’s in your head, boy?”
“She goes free,” he hissed.
“You’ve only got one shot, and we can’t die.”
I frowned instantly knowing what he was going to do next. I grabbed my dagger from my boot.
“Don’t do anything stupid,” Jack hissed with his hands together.
He ran over to the railing and jumped back onto it, “You can’t,” he put the pistol to his head, “I can.”
“Who are you?” asked Barbossa.
“No one.” Jack said quickly. “He’s no one. A distant cousin of my aunt’s nephew twice removed. Lovely singing voice, though. Eunuch.”
“Jack, you’re an idiot,” I snapped.
“My name is Will Turner. My father was Bootstrap Bill Turner. His blood runs in my veins.” Shouted Will.
“He’s the spitting image of old Bootstrap Bill,” cried the pirate with a wooden eye, “come back to haunt us.”
“On my word, do as I say, or I’ll pull this trigger and be lost to Davey Jones’ locker.” Will commanded.
“Oh, but I’ve heard that there was two Turner’s,” Barbossa said looking to Jack.
I glared. He had told him about me anyway. I saw Jack shake his head at me furiously. “I’m Jezabell Turner,” I said slowly.
Barbossa turned to look at me. He smiled, “What a lovely girl. Get her!”
I placed the dagger at my throat before any of the pirates could move. “Touch me and I will follow Will to Davey Jones’ Locker.”
Barbossa’s eyes narrowed, “Name your terms, Mr. and Miss Turner.”
I looked up at Will as he spoke, “Elizabeth goes free.”
“Yes, we know that one. Anything else?”
“The crew,” I said. “The crew are not to be harmed.”
“Agreed,” he smiled. “Now put your little toys down so we can go.”
I placed my dagger back into my boot and Will put his pistol back down. The pirates grabbed us and bound our hands. I saw Jack look at my sadly.
“What the bloody hell are you looking at, Sparrow,” I snapped. “You were gonna give ‘im my name anyway.”
Jack shook his head and looked away. He too was bound. We sailed to a nearby island and Elizabeth was pushed out onto the plank once we had stopped.
“Go on, poppet, go!”
“Walk the plank!”
Elizabeth turned and looked down at the water. Will broke free of the pirates that were holding him. “Barbossa, you lying bastard! You swore she’d go free!”
“Don’t you dare impugn me honor, boy. I agreed she’d go free, but it was you who failed to specify when or where.” He chuckled. The pirates then placed a gag in Will’s mouth. Barbossa turned back to Elizabeth, “Though does seem a shame to lose something so fine, don’t it lads? “
“Aye,” said the crew.
“So I’ll be having that dress back before you go.”
Elizabeth pulled off the dress and threw it at Barbossa while the crew whistled, “Goes with your black heart.”
“Ooh,” smiled Barbossa, “it’s still warm.” He threw it to the crew.
Elizabeth walked to the end of the plank and turned and looked back at Will.
“Too long!” shouted one of the pirates and he stamped his foot down on the board making Elizabeth lose her balance and fall.
The pirates laughed and then pushed Jack forward. He turned and looked at Barbossa, “I’d really rather hoped we were past all this.”
“Jack…Jack. Did you not notice? That be the same island we made you governor of on our last little trip.”
“I did notice.”
“Perhaps you’ll be able to conjure up another miraculous escape. But I doubt it.” Barbossa then drew his sword and Jack started to back up. “Off you go.”
“Last time, you left me a pistol with one shot.” Jack said shakily.
“By the powers, you’re right,” shouted Barbossa, “Where be Jack’s pistol? Bring it forward.
A pirate walked up and handed Jack’s pistol and sword to him. Jack looked over the side and then back to Barbossa, “Seeing as there’s two of us, a gentleman would give us a pair of pistols.”
“It’ll be one pistol as before. You can be the gentleman and shoot the lady and starve to death yourself.” Barbossa then threw Jack’s things over the railing and into the water, and Jack jumped in after it.
Barbossa turned to the crew. “Weigh anchor! Hoist the sails! Let us be rid of this curse once and for all!” The crew cheered. “Pintel, Ragetti, take the Turners and the prisoners to the brig.”
The pirate with the wooden eye grabbed my arm and Will’s while the one who had been shot by Barbossa nudged the crew down to the brig with his pistol. Will and I were shoved into one cell while the rest of the crew into one across from us.