Status: BRAND NEW!

A Promise to Keep Until I Die

Chapter Four

I yawned widely, leaning against the wall. We were witting for our sensei to show up and he was already half an hour late. All the other teams had left and we were the only ones left. I was bored and being stuck in a room with Sakura was about to make me crazy. It was irritating to watch her try and suck up to Sasuke even though she knew he thought she was annoying.

I was becoming sorely tempted to use my power and see what Sasuke was thinking. The power was barely known to anyone in my family except in old family stories. It was said tht the ten tails awakened in someone it deemed worthy. Apparently, I was worthy. It gave me a few special abilities. I could form mental connections with people, remember anything I needed to, hear better than most humans, and I could see in the dark, and I could copy blood line abilities. I had only formed mental connections with Sasuke and Naruto. Neither one of them knew about the connection because I had never told them and I rarely used it. Of course the connection would allow me to see into Sasuke's mind and hear what he was thinking. If i chose to, I could talk to him mentally as well.

I closed my eyes and opened the connection.

Why is Naruto an idiot? A jounin would never fall for that stupid trick. He'll notice the eraser right away....

I opened my eyes just as our sensei opened the door and the eraser fell on his head. I snickered as Naruto cracked up.

"You fell for it! You fell for it!" Naruto said.

"I'm so sorry sensei!" Sakura said worriedly. "I tried to stop him but..."

Our sensei just looked resigned and bored. He had the lower half of his face covered and his forehead protector covered his left eyes. His hair was white.

"My first impression of you guys is... I don't like you."

I rolled my eyes. This guy was really probably going to get on my nerves.

******

"Okay, let's introduce ourselves."

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Well, your likes, dislikes, dreams, hobbies, and things like that."

"Why don't you introduce yourself to us first," Naruto said.

"Yeah, you seem kind of suspicious," Sakura said.

"Oh, well... My name is Kakashi Hatake, I have no desires to tell you my likes and dislikes. My dreams for the future...hmm. I have lots of hobbies."

"So all he told us was his name," I said irritably.

"Now it's you turn. Start on the right."

"Okay, my name is Naruto Uzumaki. What I like is cup ramen and what I like even more is when Iruka sensei pays for my ramen. What I dislike is waiting for the ramen to cook and my dream is to surpass the Hokage and then have all the people in this village acknowledge my existence. I guess pranks are my hobby."

"Next..."

My name is Sasuke Uchiha. There are lots of things I dislike and I don't really like anything. I wouldn't call it a dream but I have an ambition to resurrect my clan and kill a certain man."

Sakura looked like she was going to faint, Naruto looked a bit worried, and Kakashi didn't seem surprised. I just rolled my eyes. That was his one and only goal ever since his clan was killed by his brother Itachi.

"All right then. Next person."

"My name is Sakura Hanuro. The thing I like is...well the person I like," she fell silent and blushed, looking at Sasuke. "Dream for the future is..." More blushing and looking at Sasuke. This girl has got serious issues. "What I dislike is Naruto," she continued, scowling at him. I glared daggers at her. "My hobby is..."

"Stalking Sasuke," I muttered. She glared at me but I smiled sweetly.

"I guess it's my turn. My name is Hazuki Minati. I like training, having fun with my friends, and hanging out with Naruto. I dislike Ino and Sakura and their obsessiveness with Sasuke. My hobbies are none of your business and my dreams for the future are to see Naruto as Hokage, help Sasuke, and keep the promise I made to someone."

"I don't need your help," Sasuke said coldly.

"Say what you want Sasuke. I still plan on helping you," I said cheerfully.

"What promise did you make?" Naruto asked.

Sakura seemed surprised he didn't know. "She goes on about it all the time Naruto. How can you not know? It was some promise to-"

I kicked her and she shut up instantly. "It was just a promise to live a long life," I said cheerfully.

"Well, tomorrow we'll start our duties as shinobi. We'll start with an activity with just the five of us. It will be survival training."

"Why is our first duty training?" Sakura asked. "We did a lot of training at the academy."

"This will be different," Kakashi said. "Your opponent will be me."

"There's more to it than that," I said irritably. "Only nine or ten of the twenty eight graduates will pass right? The rest get sent back to the academy."

Kakashi seemed surprised I already knew. "Yes, that's true. It is an exam with a sixty-six percent failure rate."

Naruto looked ready to panic, Sakura looked like she was going to be sick, and Sasuke was the same.

"All your training at the academy was just to see who had the chance of becoming genin. Tomorrow we will test your skills. Bring all the shinobi tolls you have and skip breakfast. You might puke if you don't. The details are on this paper."

I took the paper and put in my pocket, not bothering to look at it. I stood up and stretched, yawning widely. I didn't care if I puked I would still be eating breakfast. Besides, if it was that difficult I would need all my strength.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it?
-WF