‹ Prequel: Maid of Honor
Sequel: The Newlyweds
Status: Complete ♥

The Bride

Two ♥

“Hey lady,” I stated as soon as I stopped her at a booth.
“Hey,” Julie stated as soon as she saw me. “Working hard or hardly working?”
I giggled.
“Definitely hardly working…they’re basically paying me to eat all of the donuts they have for us to eat,”
“Why does that not surprise me?” She asked, laughing.
I joined in and shook my head.
“Me either.”
“You seem happy.”
“I honestly am. I’m happier than I have been in a really long time. What about you?”
“As happy as can be,”
“Oh really?” I smirked.
“Yeah, which is weird because my ex actually let me at the alter,”
“Sounds like a douche.”
Julie shook her head.
“Nah, he’s a total sweetheart. It’s okay though because his girlfriend is this really sweet and gorgeous model. I don’t know if you know her or not but her name’s Dorinda, but her close friends call her Dia.”
“Hmm…sounds familiar.” I laughed. “God…this is fun.”
“It is,” She laughed. “I totally wish that you were in New York more. My city misses you!”
“I’m sorry, but my work takes me everywhere and then some,”
“I know.” She giggled. “But I’ve got great news,”
“And what would be?” I asked, curious as to what my friend was referring about.
It’s weird I know. Julie actually turned out to be the sweet girl that everyone thought that she was. She didn’t hold a grudge against me in any form, obviously. We’ve gotten pretty close over the last few weeks, despite the fact that John chose me. She was a good sport about it.
“This girl has a new boyfriend…officially.”
I smirked.
“That girl bounces back fast.”
“Well…you know how I do,” She stated, playfully popping her color on the winter coat she wore.
“Where did you meet him?” I asked.
“Believe it or not, I actually met him from my supposed to be wedding reception.”
“You dog!” I stated playfully, causing her to giggle. “So he must be from Arizona, right? That means you’re going to move out there soon?”
“Not from Arizona, and I don’t really plan on moving out there anytime soon. It’s too hot, even during January.”
I shivered, holding my winter coat closer to me.
“I don’t see how you can live here with it being this cold. I’m fucking freezing!”
“See…we couldn’t last.” She laughed.
“So he’s not from Arizona…but he was at your wedding? Gees…make my brain work extra hard, why don’t you?”
“All a part of my master plan,” Julie stated, wiggling her French fry at me. “I ordered you a chicken sandwich and some fries. Is that okay?”
“Yes, ma’am,” I giggled. “With a coke?”
“I sure did.” Julie agreed with a smile.
“You’re amazing!” I stated with a small laugh. “So…if he’s not from Arizona….”
“He’s not but he spends time there…a lot.” She replied. “In fact, I’m going with him to introduce me as he girlfriend in a few weeks,”
“No way!” I stated, finally realizing who it was. “That’s super adorable! Why couldn’t you just tell me who it was?”
“Did it finally click?” She asked me playfully. “You may appear as a brunette, but are certainly a blonde, my friend.”
“You’re one to talk, blondie.” I retorted with a smile on my face.
Julie flipped her blonde locks.
“Psh, I’m not a natural.”
“So?” I retorted. “So it’s Nick right? I’m not just jumping to conclusions again, am I?”
“You are correct.” She blushed. “He’s super sweet, and we’re not that far apart, so he can visit more often than he used to be able too.”
“That’s great.” I beamed.
My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I pulled it out.
“What about you and John?”
“Speaking of the Devil,” I stated, holding up my phone. “He decided to text me.”
Julie rolled her eyes playfully before I looked down at my iPhone and read the message.

I miss you beautiful. I’m counting down the days until I get you back in Arizona all to myself. I love you Dorinda <3
I blushed like a mad woman as I stared down at the screen.
“You’re blushing! How cute,” Julie cooed.
“Shush.” I hushed the girl, whom just giggled. My smile widened as I typed back a simple message.
One more day and I’m all yours handsome. I love you too John <3
“You are so in love.”
I rolled my eyes, trying to control my reddened face.
“I feel like such a school girl.”
“Honey, this isn’t some crush.”
“I know that,”
“And if he doesn’t propose to you sometime soon, I’ll get down on one knee myself and do it.”
“I would love to marry you, Julie.”
“Score!” She stated, jokingly and my phone vibrated again.
I’ll be waiting.
My heart fluttered again, and my insides melted. John always did have that effect on me.



“Will you please chill, baby doll?” Maria asked me with a small laugh. “The plane is about to land, and they’ll be waiting at the airport.”
“We’ve been gone for foreverrrrrrr, Mar.” I whined.
She rolled her eyes at me.
“We’ve been gone for a week. It’s not that bad.”
“That’s five days too long!” I sighed heavily. “I wish we were unloading from the stupid ass, flying object.”
“Of course you do.” She giggled. “Come on, we’re going to be there in like ten minutes tops.”
“That’s nine minutes too long,” I grumbled. She just shook her head and turned her attention straight forward while I stared out the window. I just wanted to be home and in John’s arms again. We both realize that being apart will probably be the majority of our relationship, but it’s always been that way. John and I had always dealt with separation, but this time it was a little worse. Now we’ve got to work around both of our schedules since I started modeling for other agencies. It’s tougher, but as long as I’ve got him by my side, I feel invincible.
Soon enough, Maria and I landed and went through all of the painful airport security shit that we did before we left. I was nearly bouncing up and down when I saw a familiar lanky figure standing there awkwardly. I knew that it was my caring boyfriend that took time out of his day to send a random text message with the words I love you tagged to it. I smiled and led the way over to two of the men that made of The Maine. John spotted me first, so I hurried toward him.
“There they are!” Kennedy chuckled.
“Sorry that it took forever.” Maria apologized before they kissed. I dropped my bags quickly and tossed myself at John. He laughed loudly, but caught me easily. I wrapped my legs tightly around his skinny waist, and nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. I placed a soft kiss there before I pulled away and looked into his gorgeous green eyes.
“Are you just going to stare at me or are you going to kiss me hello?” John asked me playfully before my lips were pressed to his. I used both of my hands to hold his head to mine while his hands supported my weight. “I love you,” He whispered, looking at me right in the eyes.
“I love you too,” I stated, getting that feeling in my gut that I always got when I was around John. Slowly, he sat me down on the ground in front of him.
“Come here, cutie.” He stated again before we kissed one more time.
I laughed and pulled away quickly.
“Enough PDA for one day, Johnny,”
“You always ruin my fun.” He pouted.
“You’ll get over it, man,” Kennedy stated, patting his back. “I like your shirt, Dia.”
I smirked, looking down at the ‘The Maine’ tank top I was wearing under my open cardigan.
“Me too…I kind of have this huge crush on the lead singer,” I stated, winking at John. He shook his head but grabbed one of my suite cases. My hand latched onto his free one as we walked with The Brock’s out of the airport.
“Are you guys hungry? I’m kind of hungry.” Kennedy stated.
“Babe, you’re always hungry.” Maria laughed.
Kennedy rolled his eyes.
“I want to go grab some In-N-Out. You two coming?”
I was about to speak up when John did for me.
“Nah, man. We’ve got plans actually.”
“Okay. We’ll catch you later.” He replied. I hugged them both quickly before John and I ended up at his car. He carelessly put the suitcases in the backseat. I giggled at the action before I slipped into the car. John eventually got into the drivers seat, and his hand quickly linked itself to mine. I smiled widely.
“So, what kind of plans do we have exactly?”
“You’ll see.” He smirked.
That smirk meant that he was up to something.
It makes me nervous as to what he’s got up his sleeve.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWE! How cute are Dorinda and John?!

Seriously! I love them!

Check out Bruised and Beat Up!

xoxo Rae Marie