Status: depends...

Shape of My Heart

Chapter Five

“Damn.” I mumbled as I looked at the clock. It was three in the morning. I tried to turn over and go back to sleep, but that seemed to be impossible. After about fifteen minutes of tossing and turning, I decided to give up and get some chocolate ice cream. Knowing Nick, it was hidden on the very middle shelf, back right corner, covered by the chicken in his freezer. I walked downstairs to the kitchen, flipped the light on, and saw Nick sitting on the counter with a spoonful of chocolate ice cream halfway from the tub to his face.

“What are you doing up?” He asked and quickly sat the ice cream aside.

“I woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep.” I walked toward him. “The real question is, what are you doing up?” I grabbed a spoon from the dishwasher and jumped onto the counter beside Nick.

“Well… I can’t think of a good reason. I just wanted some ice cream.” He grabbed the tub of chocolate ice cream and took another big spoonful and shoveled it into his mouth.

“That’s so disgusting!” I laughed and took a bite of ice cream.

“What?! Just because you take small, wimpy, baby bites, doesn’t mean I’m going to!” He shoveled more ice cream into his mouth. I laughed at him and went to the fridge to grab the whipped cream. “Oh, you wouldn’t.” He whispered and stared at me wide-eyed.

“Oh, I think we both know very well I would.” I shook the can and took off the lid.

“Katie… put the whipped cream down…” Nick slowly got off the counter.

“Nah.” I shrugged and pointed the can at him. “I think I’d rather…” I sprayed the whipped cream all over Nick.

“Oh, it is so on!” He laughed as I continued to spray him. “Anderson! Get over here!” He yelled after me as I ran around the corner into the living room.

“No!” I laughed and threw the empty can of whipped cream on the ground.

“Katie! Seriously! Hold on.” I turned around to see Nick clutching his chest.

“Oh, crap.” I ran over to him. “Are you okay?” I was freaking out. I had almost forgotten Nick had a weak heart. “Nick… Nick! Are you okay?” I looked at his face as he smirked and tackled me.

“Gotcha!” He laughed as he covered me in the cream that I sprayed him with.

“Oh, God, Nick! Gross!” I laughed and pushed him off of me. I looked down at my shirt that was now covered in sticky whipped cream.

“I win.” He laughed as we lied on the floor of the living room out of breath.

“What is going on down here?” Nick and I turned our heads to see Marcy standing at the foot of the stairs.

“Oh, hey Marce.” Nick got up quickly. “I came down for some ice cream and Katie did too and she brought out the whipped cream and sprayed me and… this is sounding a lot worse than it really was.” He bit his lip and helped me up. “I’ll be in bed.” Nick mumbled and went to the stairs.

“I’ll see you upstairs, Nick.” Marcy smiled and kissed Nick before he went upstairs to their room.

“It was really nothing, Marcy.” I smiled. “We didn’t mean to wake you.” I wiped my hands on my pajama bottoms.

“Right.” She rolled her eyes. “Look, I don’t know what game you’re playing, Katie, but it needs to stop. Ever since you showed up here yesterday, all Nick talks about is how much he’s missed you and how you guys used to be best friends.” She let out an angry sigh. “So let this be your only warning, stay away from Nick, okay?”

“Nick and I are only friends, Marcy. I’ve never seen him as anything more than my best friend.” Wow, I can’t believe that lie came so easily. “He’s like a brother to me.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yes, really.” I snapped. “I just got out of a relationship with his brother, okay?” Marcy rolled her eyes again. “I’m going to bed.” I pushed past her and went up the stairs. “And let this be your only warning, Marcy, you try and destroy Nick and I’s friendship, you’ll regret it.” I smiled sweetly and went upstairs to my room. As I shut the door behind me, I mumbled ‘bitch’ and climbed into bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for reading! and thank you to my three subscribers! I would love comments and feedback on the story from everyone. It would mean loads!
xoxo
Lindsay!