Status: Active - Writing

Forgotten Faces

Bars Are Wonderful Places to Meet New Friends

Sitting alone at a bar might make people look pathetic. That’s probably how I looked but how was I suppose to know? I’ve never really been into drinking but I felt like I needed one. Turns out I didn’t because my drink was still to its fullest. So, I just sat there as my pathetic self not enjoying time as it was.

“Hey sweetheart, why don’t you come over here and give one of us a good show?” a drunken man called from the left end of the bar. He had two other friends with him who also looked drunk. I quickly rolled my eyes to myself and looked away but they wouldn’t shut up. “Babe, come one. You know the only reason you’re here is for a certain something; especially dressed like that.” The same man called out.

“Ignore them.” Another man to my right said to me. I turned my attention towards him and saw that he was just sitting down.

“What do you think I’m doing?” I asked with a skeptical look. When he turned his face towards me I gasped to myself and stared at his features with amazement. His eyes were an almond color, his hair was cut into a Mohawk with a few blonde streaks, and he had his left nostril pierced.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to offend you. I was just trying to help a beautiful girl out.” He said the last part softly and turned away and ordered himself Jack Daniels.

“No, you didn’t offend me. I’m sorry for sounding like a jack ass though… uh, I’m Janelle Tyler.” I said as I held out my hand.

He looked back at me and slightly smiled as he shook my hand and said, “Johnny Seward…” he pulled his hand away from mine, “So, Janelle why are you here by yourself? I’ve never really seen you around before?”

“I just finished college last year and decided to move away from San Diego. So, I’m living in a new apartment and decided to relax at this lovely bar.” I smiled.

“How do you like it out here so far?” he asked.

“It’s alright, I guess? Haven’t done much lately, I just finished unpacking today.”

“Well, that’s no fun. How about I give you a tour around town?”

“It’s one in the morning. What’s there to show?” I giggled.

He smiled, “Well, not at the moment…” he grabbed a napkin and marker from the bar and wrote down a number, “This is my number. Just give me a call after noon tomorrow.”

“Yea, okay. I’ll be sure to call you then. But, I have to go now anyway. So, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I smiled.

He nodded, “Goodnight, Janelle.”

“Goodnight, Johnny.”

Image

After that night Johnny and I hung out everyday. We learned a lot about each other and had a lot in common. I learned that he’s always wanted to be a cowboy but is frightened of horses; he gets picked on a lot by his friends because of his shortness (which, I completely understand since I’m 5’4 at the age of 24) and he plays bass in a band called, Avenged Sevenfold.

He was completely in shock with me when I told him I’ve never heard of them. He showed me pictures of all of his friends and what each of them did in the band. Matt was the singer, Zacky was rhythm guitarist, Brian was the lead guitarist, and Jimmy was the drummer. I was a little upset when Johnny told me that he had to go on a three month tour but he promised to call and text me when he got the chance. We’ve talked every day for the entire three months he was on tour and tonight would be the last set they play.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard my phone ring. I grabbed it off of my nightstand and without reading the caller ID I answered, “Hello?”

“Janie! I have to ask you something!” Johnny yelled through the phone.

“Whoa there tiger! Put the claws away.” I joked.

“Oh, sorry…” he laughed, “But, guess what?”

“Um, your last set got cancelled because no one wanted to see you guys play so you’re at my door right now to surprise me with a hello?” I said while opening my front door. “Well, I guessed wrong. So, what’s up?”

He laughed, “That one hurt but yeah you definitely guessed wrong.”

“Well, then what is it?!” I asked.

“I was wondering if you wanted to come to the show tonight. It’s in Laguna at the Verizon Amphitheater. Do you think you can make it?” he asked.

“I’d love to. What time should I be there?”

“Uh, be there around 9:40 and go to the front doors to meet Jason Berry. He’ll be with you through the whole concert. And when we’re done he’ll bring you backstage and I’ll see you then. Alright?

I laughed, “Okay. I guess I’ll be there soon since it’s already 8:35. Good luck tonight.”

“Thank you. See you soon. Bye.”

“Bye.” I said as we both hung up. I took a deep breath as a big smile came across my face. I got up off the couch and went straight to my room. I went to my closet and grabbed a cotton tank, my grey cardigan, and my light blue shorts. I stripped out of the pajamas I put on an hour ago and put on the outfit I just grabbed. I then slid on my socks and gray vans. When I was done with that I put on a few bracelets, a necklace, and touched up my make up. When I was finished getting dressed I looked at the time which read 9:03. I then rushed out the door grabbing my purse and keys.

I made it to the venue at exactly 9:40. I walked to the entrance and saw a few people. I didn’t know who this Jason guy was so I was a little confused on how I’d know which person was him. But then this guy walked up to me and asked, “Janelle, right?”

I looked him up and down to take in his appearance before I said, “Yeah, I’m Janelle. But, how’d you know it was me?”

“Johnny said you were a beautiful girl about 5’4” and had pink hair.” He smiled.

I laughed, “Yeah, that’s me. Are we going to go watch them play now?”

“Yes, we are. Let’s go, they’re on in like two minutes.” He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. The concert was just beginning once we sat down. The guys looked like they were having a lot of fun and when Johnny came over to the side where Jason and I were sitting he looked up and I’m guessing he saw us because his eyes started to glow and a big grin came across his face. He continued to play and I just stood and cheered. I loved there entire set. The songs were amazing and the way they played made me want to see more. Soon enough the concert came to an end and I was being pulled by Jason once again. We passed through a huge crowd until we came to a stop that led backstage.

“What’s the password?” the guard said with a devilish smile.

“Seriously Matt, let me in. I have Johnny’s girl with me and he wants to see her.” He complained.

“Then she can go through, but you can’t because being the idiot you are, you forgot your pass on the bus.” He said while dangling a backstage pass in his face. I laughed at there fighting when the guy Matt looked at me and said, “Sorry, you had to go through the night with my brother. He’s kind of stupid I think he was dropped when we were born.”

“Thanks man. I appreciate it. Now, can we get through now?”

“Yes, she can. You can’t.” he laughed. I rolled my eyes and went passed the two boys as I called out, “Thank you!” They didn’t say anything back but just kept arguing. I giggled at the sound of them and continued walking. I finally found the stage and before I could look around for Johnny I heard my name being called.

“Janie! You made it!” Johnny called from behind me as he picked me up and spun me around.

I laughed, “Of course I made it. I told you I would come.” He finally set me down and I turned to face him embracing into a hug. His arms wrapped around my lower waist and his face nuzzled into my neck. “I missed you so much, Janelle.” He said softly into my neck.

“I missed you more.” I smiled. He pulled his face out of my neck and looked up at me. His eyes studied my face quickly as he said, “I don’t want to miss you anymore, Janie.”

“What do you mean?” I asked. Our eyes locked on one another. I tried reading them to figure out what he meant but it wasn’t there. Just the same soft looking eyes I’ve known since the day we met.

“Can I try something?” he asked.

“Sure?” I asked still confused. His face hesitated debating on weather or not he should do what he wanted to try. And that’s when I knew what he meant. He wanted to kiss me. With him still thinking I smiled and sang, “I’m waiting…” he smiled back and finally leaned in softly pressing his lips to mine. I felt a sparks fly through my body when we both deepened the kiss. He pulled away too quickly to my liking which made me give him a puppy pout. He laughed and slowly pecked my lips. When we pulled away a smile grew on my face.

“Janie, can I ask you something?” he said as we pulled out of our hug.

“Of course.” I smiled.

“Well, I know we’ve only known each other for a short amount of time. But, when we hung out with each other I felt like you were always mine. And when I was on tour and I couldn’t see you for three months it got me thinking why I didn’t ask you to come with. But it was only because you were just my friend and I don’t want you to just be my friend.” He stated.

I smiled, “Then what do you want me to be?”

“I want you to be my girlfriend, Janelle.”

“I like that. It sounds nice.”

“So, will you…be my…girlfriend?” he asked nervously.

“Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend.” I smiled and he gave me another hug and spun me around. I laughed and yelled at him to put me down and when he finally did he kissed my cheek and said, “Now, I want you to meet the guys.”

“Let’s go!” I smiled and started walking towards their dressing room. Johnny laughed at me and came into step and laced his fingers with mine. My smile got bigger and I leaned my head on his shoulder when we stopped at the door.

“Ready?” He asked. I simply nodded and he opened the door. In the stood four men laughing and drinking as a girl with long dark hair sat on the ground doing the same. When the men’s eyes locked onto ours they smirked at Johnny when they saw his and my hand laced together.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! new story!

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE, please :3

Well, this is the first chapter and first POV.
This POV is Janelle's which is written by me, Jennabobeena

and the next chapter is by the lovely, Bree_Vee_Vengeance
Her character will be that POV!
Well, hope you guys like it and thank you to our pre-subscribers<3

OUTFIT(S):
Bar Outfit
Concert Outfit