Status: Active - Writing

Forgotten Faces

I Didn’t Think I Would See You Again

“Blake that was amazing!” exclaimed my boyfriend. I turned unto my side and looked at him, grabbing his face in my hand. Zack had little sweat beads dripping from his whole body from the act we just committed together. His hair was matted with sweat and was sticking to his head. I found it somewhat sexy. Hopefully he did as well, considering I looked the same way.

“Babe, when was the last time we’ve done it that long?” I asked him as I laid a sloppy kiss on his collarbone. Zack groaned and closed his eyes as I continued the kisses going all the way down his body, stopping right bellow his belly. I looked up at him and smiled slyly.

“Stop teasing me, babe, unless you plan on continuing what you started,” he warned me, giving me a stern look to match his tone of voice. I rolled my eyes and slid my body back up his.

“You take the fun out of everything! Fun-sucker! That’s what I’m calling you from now on!” I stuck my tongue out at him. Zack rolled his eyes and put his arm around me, bringing me closer to him. I inhaled his scents; he smelt of axe, cigarettes, sweat, and something else I couldn’t pinpoint. It smelt amazing though!

“I missed you being this close to me, Blake,” whispered my boyfriend into my hair. I sighed with delight. Nothing could get ruin this moment I was having with my boyfriend. Absolutely nothing could ruin this day, nothing!

I spoke too soon.

Just then my cell phone went off. I groaned and so did Zack. I got up and brought his sheets with me as I walked over to my purse and pulled out my phone.

“Hello?” I sat on the edge of the bed and I felt the bed shift as Zack turned around to look at me.

“Hey, is Blake Walker there?” asked a nervous man, he sounded young. I should have checked my caller ID!

I sat up straight before answering. “Yes, this is she.”

Zacky got up and sat next to me, he looked worried. Despite the situation I got a shit-eating grin because Zack was letting it all hang loose. Not that I minded it, though.

“Oh, hey Blake!” the male chuckled nervously. I cracked a small smile. “It’s Carter, Carter Davis.”

I let my mouth slide open and the phone slip out of my grasp. It fell to the floor and my Zacky case fell off. I got a case of Zacky for my phone a while back when he was on tour because I missed him and I haven’t changed it since.

“Blake! Blake! Who is it?” Zack picked up the phone and put the case back on; I didn’t move.

“It’s him! How did he get my number?”

Zack answered the phone. “Who is this?”

How on Earth did Carter get my number? I don’t talk to anyone back at home except a few people. I don’t talk to or visit my parents so they didn’t give it to him because they don’t even have my number. I sure as hell didn’t give it to him. I don’t have anything like this on any of my online accounts. My boss wouldn’t give out anything like that. I don’t know where else is an option!

“Zack, give me my phone,” I demanded. I got to get to the bottom of this! If it’s some kind of joke, it isn’t funny!

Zacky looked questionable but after self-debate he handed the cell over. I let out a huff and gained composure before I wrapped the sheets around me tighter, and walked out of the room and into the guest bathroom for privacy.

“Hello? Carter?” I managed to saw in a somewhat cheery voice. “Yes, sorry about that. I was a little shocked. I didn’t expect a call from you! Oh, and that was my boyfriend who answered, his name is Zacky!”

Carter laughed his signature laugh and I felt like I did when I was in high school; helpless. I was usually a very confident person but whenever I was near Carter, I was different. I acted different. I had the same personality and all but I was nervous a lot and anxious. Exactly how I used to act when I was with Zack and he didn’t know I liked him.

“That’s alright, Blake. I shouldn’t have just called like that, it was rude! I just wanted to talk to you, I miss you, you know. You just stopped talking to me after senior year, not a goodbye or anything. Then I heard you moved or something—you know how word travels in our small town.”

I smiled, reminiscing about my old town. I hated it there but I liked having seasons. It was so pretty there during autumn and winter. I absolutely loved it.

“Yeah, sorry about that; I just heard some rumors and let my anger get the best of my better judgment. I did drop some dead weight though!” I chuckled without humor. “So how have you been?”

“I’ve been fine actually. I’m here in California for a while and I walked into Janelle about a week and a half ago! She gave me your number! Janelle said something about how you two aren’t friends anymore because you heard she slept with me and you apparently liked me. Then that you slept with her boyfriend during the time.”

That little bitch! Not only did she give my number out without my permission, but she also told Carter lies and things I would have preferred him not knowing. Janelle just had to come and ruin everything, didn’t she? How sweet of her to take her needs over others.

“First of all, Carter, yes I did like you for a very long time. I didn’t stop talking to her because of that. It was because she accused me of something and didn’t even let me say my side! Yes, I did accuse her too but I listened to her side. She didn’t even let me say what happened or if it was true! Janelle doesn’t give a fuck about anyone else. I haven’t talked to her in about five years and maybe she did change, I’m not sure, but I don’t forgive easily. Especially when it’s been this long, I just don’t care anymore. Why should I care?

“No. I didn’t sleep with her boyfriend! I thought Dean was disgusting! I never really liked him because I heard about his reputation of playing girls, but Janelle really liked him so I didn’t say anything! I would not have slept with him! Never ever! That’s like asking to get herpes! I’m clean,” I told Carter. Yes, I was getting a little upset with him. Not my fault, I didn’t expect this at all!

“Don’t try to tell me to be friends with her, Hun. You may have been one of my best friends but that was about five years ago! I’m different! I have my same ‘fuck you’ attitude but I’m happier and I see the world differently. In high school I was a big bitch and I admit it, I know you thought I was a bitch some of the time. When I get pissed then I get my high school attitude again, you know why I have it, and when someone does something that gets me mad then I just don’t give a hell no more! Why should I? Sorry for sounding like a douchebag but I had to let you know. I’m not staying on the line to hear you preach to me about being wrong. To me, I’m doing what I need to do, you don’t know the situation and I doubt you ever will. You may learn about it but you won’t understand it.”

The other line was quiet. I didn’t even hear him breathing. Did he just hang up on me? I stood up and held the phone to my ear by squishing it between my ear and shoulder. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed, I’ve changed a lot since high school. I actually like myself now. I hated myself during high school and while I was growing up. I have my reasons.

“Sorry Blake, I didn’t mean to offend you like that. I didn’t even mean to take her side, which was a douche move on my part. I heard part of her story and I wanted to hear yours too, and I figured since we used to be best friends that you’d just spill. You somewhat did though. I want to meet up with you, if it’s still an option? Let’s go out for lunch!”

I thought about it for a second. I was hungry and I did miss Carter. I would like to know how home was and what has happened since I left. I’m not too sure how Zack will like the idea since he knows I used to be in love with Carter but he can tag along if Carter wants to bring someone.

“Sure? Why the hell not? How about we go to Duke’s?” I suggested. I love that restaurant so much; it’s delicious.

“I don’t care, I’ll trust your opinion if it’s good. You’ve lived here for a while so I suppose you know what’s good and what’s not!” he chuckled, I smiled despite myself.

“Yeah, how about we meet in an hour and a half?”

“Alright, it sounds good to me! Oh, will your boyfriend mind it?”

I was sort of relieved that he asked me. I would like to know as well.

“I’ll call you back in five minutes. Let me run it by him!”

“Okay, bye Blake!”

I hung up and opened the bathroom door. Zack was leaning on the door frame in his room. He looked worried and I smiled, I walked up to him and laid a small yet heated kiss on his juicy lips. I sucked on his bottom lip and nibbled on it a bit. Zee smiled and moaned slightly. I pulled away and giggled.

“Who was it?”

I sighed. “It was Carter. You remember him, I’ve told you about him! The one who slept with Janelle, the one that was one of my best friends and I was basically in love with,” I bit my lip nervously, not knowing how he would take it.

Zack looked calm; he walked over and sat on the edge of the room. “What did he want?” he rubbed his face.

“He just called to say hi. Carter said he ran into Janelle and she gave him my number, he wanted to know what happened to us because Janelle mentioned it and didn’t explain that well. I sort of yelled at him and he apologized. Carter wants us to go to lunch today in about an hour and a half.”

Zack looked up with me, I couldn’t read his eyes. “Do you plan on going?”

“I wanted to make sure it was okay with you before I gave him an answer,” I stated, nervously.

Zee smiled. “Babe, I trust you and I know you love me! Yeah, I mean I’m not in love with this idea but he’s an old friend! I know you want to know about what’s been going on back home but you don’t keep in touch with anyone so you can’t do that, he’s this chance! If he does anything else to piss you off then I will beat his ass in! Or if he does something I don’t like!” I smiled up at him and gave him a smooch.

“I’ll slap him if he does and I will tell you! I promise!”

“I’m going to drop you off, okay? I want to meet this guy!”

I rolled my eyes. “Fine, if it’ll make you happy! But I’m going to get ready. We’re going to Duke’s so I’m dressing nice. But I have to call him back telling him I can go!”

*******


“Blake! Over here!” called a very attractive young man. My boyfriend and I walked over hand-in-hand. I saw Carter’s smile shrink in size a bit.

“Hey Carter!” I hugged him and kissed his cheek, he did the same. “Long time no see! You look good, as usual!” I smiled and so did Zack.

“You look beautiful!” Carter exclaimed then quickly looked over at Zack, he let it slide. I was wearing a pink-ruffle dress with a black bow on the hips, black platforms with cute bows, a brass-knuckle clutch, some makeup, my hair was teased, and some jewelry—oh, and my Zacky phone!

“Thanks,” I said politely and smiled. “This is my boyfriend Zacky, Zacky this is Carter.”

The two males said their hellos and shook hands. Good enough for me! They were being polite to each other!

“He just wanted to meet you—he isn’t staying!” I turned around and kissed Zack on the lips, I told him goodbye.

“Bye babe. I love you. Call me and I’ll pick you up,” Zack said and then started to walk away.

“Bye! I love you too!” I called back. I turned to Carter and smiled at him. He smiled back.

“Let’s eat!” he said as he sanded his hands together.

*******


“That food was amazing! Oh, I could just eat here for the rest of my life!”

I giggled and put money down for my half of the bill and tip, Carter did the same and we called the waiter over. His name was Derek and he had big brown eyes, long brown hair in some sort of fohawk, some tattoos on his arm, and he had a nice lean built. Derek was very nice and polite but not too good looking, he was just okay.

Carter and I laughed as we walked out of the restaurant. We were walking down by Main St. and it was a really nice night.

“Want to walk on the pier?” I suggested. Carter looked over at me and had a giant shit-eating grin spread across his lips. He nodded. “WAIT!” I screamed as I stopped. Carter looked at me quizzically and then laughed when he saw I was taking off my black pumps.

“Why do girls where heels that hurt?”

I laughed as I ran to the beach and fell face first in the sand. Carter was standing over me, laughing with his hand out to help me up. I took his offer and then ran to the ocean; I jumped into the tiny waves breaking by shore. The water was just bellow my knees so I wasn’t getting my dress fucked up. I ran back to shore and the sand got stuck all over on my legs but I didn’t care!

“Let’s just walk on the pier, you psycho!” laughed Carter. I followed him to the pier. We talked about more personal things than during dinner. We talked about my feelings towards Zack, how my home life was, and my feelings towards myself. I asked him if he had a special someone, how back home was, what happened and what was said when I left, my family, his relationship with his dad, and what he’s doing here in California.

“If you don’t mind me asking, what happened with Janelle?” Carter asked, looking into my eyes as we sat on a bench on the pier. I let out a huff and cracked my fingers.

“We both heard rumors about the other that hurt us and assumed it was real. I haven’t seen her in five years until a few weeks ago. She’s dating Zack’s good friend Johnny and I saw her. I guess all those feelings just busted when we saw each other again. We said some rude comments and she pressed my buttons too much and I pounced on her. I got her pretty badly—you know me—and we hang sometimes because we are in the same group now. We are just somewhat polite to the other now. But she pisses me off greatly. My best friend Ariel thinks she’s really hot but wants to beat the shit out of her,” I chuckled to lighten up the atmosphere.

Carter smiled his signature smile. I couldn’t help but shoot a toxic one back his way. I turned around and stared at the pitch black, rolling waves. Huntington is so pretty during the day, I live in a vacation spot and I love it! PCH is always busy with locals and tourists. Brian lives a mile away from the pier! Lucky duck!

“You want a smoke?” I offered as I pulled out a pack of Marlboro from my clutch.

Carter shook his head. “No thanks. I don’t do cigarettes but I do some weed every now and then. I think it’s relaxing but I never do too much or anything. Maybe once or twice a year, depends,” he rambled. “You still smoke, huh?”

I lit my cigarette with my lighter and puffed. “Weed is alright, it taste okay but I like nicotine better. Obviously I still smoke! I maybe do a pack once a month. Nothing like how I used to be; I would do one pack a week! I’m way too broke to keep that shit up!” I laughed and puffed.

It got silent for a while. I just continued to smoke then threw it over the ledge and into the ocean to burn itself out. I sat back down and sighed. I looked over at Carter and he looked deep in thought—I wonder what he was thinking?

“Do you love him?”

I did a double take. Did he just ask me if I loved Zacky? What kind of question was that? I know we used to best friends and all but you don’t go out and ask someone if they love someone else! Who does that? I don’t have a problem answering, though.

“Yeah, I do love Zack. I really do. He understands me and doesn’t judge me. That kid has been there for me for a long time, I don’t even know if I’d be here without him. Zacky means the world to me and I would do anything for that kid. He’s my best friend and my boyfriend. I’ve known him for maybe three years now…possibly longer. I’m not sure. I knew Jimmy then I met him a year or two later. But Zack is the one for me, I just know it. I feel it. I get tingles when I see him, I feel weak in the knees when he smiles at me, I feel a electricity serge through me when he touches me, I feel heat all over my body when he kisses me. Zachary James Baker is the one I want to be with for the rest of my life.”

Carter smiled and pulled me into a hug. “I’m glad you found someone, Blake. You deserve someone, you’re a good person.”

I smiled and told him thanks. After talking for about ten more minutes we decided it was getting late so I texted Zacky to come pick me up by the pier. He told me he would be here in less than ten minutes. Carter agreed to stay with me until I was picked up.

“I hope you and Janelle become friends again, I really do. It may not have made a difference when you weren’t seeing each other but now you guys are in the same group so it affects everyone. Plus, you guys were the best of friends; I’ve never seen anyone closer.”

I smiled up at him. “Thanks, Carter. Maybe we can hang again? Or you can come hang with the whole group!”

“I’d love that, Blake.” Carter smiled down at me and leaned close to me. Before I could react, our lips were connected. I tried to pull away but he just grabbed my face into his hands and pressed harder. I became agitated with him and started to hit on the head but he didn’t stop, instead he shoved his tongue into my mouth and I started to gag because he stuffed it down to far. Carter didn’t care; he just continued what he was doing. I bit down on his tongue really hard that it drew blood.

“What the fuck was that for?!” Carter screamed at me as he instantly pulled away. I slapped him and then glared at him. “My tongue is bleeding! It hurts like a bitch! What the fuck Blake?”

“You deserve it, you prick! Why would you kiss me? I just got done telling you that I love Zack and you told me I deserve someone! Why would you do that? Then you wouldn’t let me pull away? That’s like rape! You penetrated my mouth without my consent! You are now a rapist!” I screamed at him.

Carter scoffed. “Quit overreacting, Blake! I just kissed you! Plus, that Zack guy looks like a douche! You mentioned he is a famous guitarist? I can bet you five-hundred dollars that he’s gotten some tour pussy more than once while you guys were together!”

That hit a nerve, a bad one. I punched Carter in the face and he fell back with either pain or shock. I yelled a couple profanities at him then stormed away. My knuckles were throbbing with pain and were bleeding but I didn’t give a hoot! I ran inside of Jamba Juice’s bathroom and called Zack. I told him to pick me up at Jamba instead and he said to wait outside. I walked outside and Zack’s red Dodge Challenger was down the street. Could he have moved any slower?

As soon as he pulled over I jumped inside the car and buckled in. I told him to drive and he did, sensing something wasn’t right. Zack didn’t ask anything until we were more than half way home.

“What happened?”

I debated with myself whether or not to tell Zack. If I told him I knew without a doubt that we would turn around and look for Carter so Zack could give him a piece of his mind. But I didn’t want to go find him, I wanted to go home. I also didn’t want Zack to get out of hand and get arrested. But I knew that Zack wouldn’t drop it and I don’t want to lie to him either.

“Why are your knuckles bleeding?” Zack asked as he snatched my hand into his, worry filling his eyes.

I sighed. “I punched Carter in the face, probably giving him a broken nose.”

Zack took the next right and parked in the first parking spot he could. I gripped onto the oh shit bar and then lunged forward when he stopped to a halt. Zachary was gripping so tightly on the steering wheel that his knuckles were white.

“Babe—“

“What the fuck did he do to you?” he asked through gritted teeth. I was scared and he wasn’t even mad at me!

“It’s fine, babe, forget about it!”

Zack turned to look at me, I didn’t make eye contact. “Tell me what he did.”

I sighed; I knew he wasn’t dropping this. “Carter kissed me and I tried to pull away but he didn’t let me. I hit him and there was no effect. He stuffed his tongue down my throat and I bit him, he finally stopped. I slapped him and he freaked. Carter was pissed I slapped him and bit him. He said some things and I punched him.”

There was no turning back now! Zack’s common sense was shot to hell! He is going to murder Carter then go to jail for thirty years. Avenged is going to stop and the fans will hate me. Zack will turn gay in jail and blame me for him going in there. The guys will all hate me for putting their best friend in the slammer. Carter ruined my life. Not really, but this isn’t going to be pretty at all. Not one bit!

“That fucking prick is going to get the shit beat out of him!” Zacky fumed. “Carter had no right to kiss you and stuff his tongue down your throat! How fucking dare he! He is going to regret that he ever even called you!”

With that Zack pulled out of the parking space and drive back to PCH. It felt like he was driving seventy miles per hour! This wasn’t ending well and it was all my fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blake
Duke's
Carter

I am sorry it took so long to update! School is kicking my ass! I am trying to update all of my stories and do good in school AND read! Difficult! Again, sorry!
Hope you all liked it though! Since it was our tenth one (and took my so long to update) I wanted it to be on the longer side. (:
Enjoy! Comment