Status: Active - Writing

Forgotten Faces

You Don't Even Know My Side

I woke up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I looked at the clock and it was ten in the morning. I jumped into the shower and put on some skinny jeans with a Captain America shirt and a bikini under it all. I stuck with some moccasins and put on my makeup. I dried my hair and straightened it as well before I teased it.

I decided to be my weird self today. I stuck some Minnie Mouse ears on top of my hair and smiled at myself. Next, I put on my mustache earrings, ring, and necklace. I put on a swagg bracelet as long with an Avenged Sevenfold one too. Then I grabbed my rose ring and stuck it on my index finger for my right hand. I slung my “Jealous?” necklace around my neck and smiled at myself.

I did the rest of my restroom essentials before I went into my living room to see Johnny sleeping away. I smiled at myself. He is such a cutie! I shook him until his chocolate eyes fluttered open.

“Blake? Why am I here?”

I smiled. “You were piss drunk last night so I was going to take you home but you insisted on coming here.”

He nodded as we made some coffee for ourselves.

“What are you doing today?” he asked as he sipped his beverage.

“I’m going to Ruby’s with Michelle and Val. We will probably hang at the beach afterwards then I got to go to work.”

“Oh cool. I’m pretty sure that me and the guys are going to the pier or swimming. Maybe we can meet up?”

I sipped at my coffee and let out a blissful sigh. “Sure, why not? Is Zacky going…?”

Johnny looked a little shocked by my question. “Yeah, why wouldn’t he be?”

“Oh never mind. I was just wondering. That’s all.” I shook my hand, hoping he would drop it.

Johnny reached for my hand and looked me in the eyes. “Blake, you know you can tell me anything! C’mon, spill it. What happened?”

I sighed with frustration. “Ok, fine! Well, it’s just that I’m mad at him right now. I saw him dancing with some other girls last night and talking to a lot. I know I shouldn’t be jealous but I am! I know I sound dumb and clingy or whatever but I don’t care. That’s how I feel.

“I can’t help it with Zack; I honestly love the kid more than life. He is my rock and my best friend. Zack makes my life worth living! When he gets mad at me I feel my heart hurt, I never want to lose the kid. Whenever I see him he makes my heart flip and I feel like nothing could be better. Zacky makes me fall in love with him every single day. He is the best guy I have ever been lucky enough to meet. That’s why I get jealous! Others see it and want him! I don’t want him to fall out of love with me.”

Jonathon stood up and wrapped me in his tattooed arms. “That’s how I feel about Janie! She really is the one for me, Blake! I can’t remember how I lived without her. She is my everything and I’m so grateful I can say she’s mine! I know you don’t like her and she doesn’t like you either, and that kills me! I want my girlfriend to like one of my best friends and vice versa!

“Blake, don’t be silly! You know that Zacky loves you more than anyone else on this planet! You are his life and everything! He can never shut up about you! You are his love, his soul mate. I know the kid is dumb but he is not dumb enough to let you slip from his grasp. I won’t let it happen. Nope. Not anytime soon! Never! That kid will die for you; he will kill someone for you! Zacky is absolutely crazy about you!”

I couldn’t help but smile. Johnny was right. I know Zacky loves me but I just can’t stand seeing him dance with someone else. It legit kills me on the inside. The kid is my everything and I can’t remember a happy time of my life without him!

“Thanks, Johnny. I needed that.”
*******


“Back!” I yelled as I reached Janelle, Michelle, Val, and Leana. They all looked happy to see me, even Janelle. Maybe it was because I had beer.

“Hi, Blake!” yelled an excited Leana. I smirked at my tan friend.

“Who wants some…oh shit!” I dropped the cases of beer right on the sand. Are my eyes seeing correctly? I can’t believe it! The guys, Zacky, and Jake were all together. Coming this way!

I saw Janelle look behind her and then back at me with wide eyes. My eyes started to plead at her. Janelle jumped up and covered us with her towel as we made our way to hide behind the lifeguard tower.

“The night might not end well but bare with me, okay?” she asked.

I nodded my head.

“Jake has a huge crush on you. Has been and I don’t know when it will end. Please, don’t do anything to hurt him tonight, like ignoring him completely or sucking face with Zacky. It’ll crush him. I don’t even know if he knows that you’re dating him yet. Did you tell him?”

“Yes, I told him. He called me at like three in the morning. He told me that your parents were kicking him out of the house. He said because he dropped out of college?” I questioned. I didn’t know what happened exactly.

“He did drop out of college. He said he couldn’t handle the stress. He thought our parents would understand and let it slide but of course they didn’t. They did the same thing to me after high school. Why do you think I’m…?” She cut herself off. “God, forget that, that’s not what you were asking. Anyway, Jake dropped out, had nowhere else to go and asked me. I don’t want him to live with you. He’s my brother and I’d like for him and I to get a long for once.”

She nodded, “I get it, Janelle, and don’t worry he’s not coming to my place to stay anytime soon. I want him to realize that I can’t always be there for him. You’re his sister and I’m not. He needs to understand.”

She smiled, “Looks like smart Blake came out. How long has it been since she’s been out of the shell?” I laughed along with her, but then it got awkward.

“What are we going to do when we get back so they don’t act all suspicious and shit?” I asked.

“The bathrooms are just up the hill so we’ll just say we went there, and one more thing.”

“Yeah?”

“For tonight, we’ll act okay with each other. But we’ll keep our distance, like it’ll just be an awkward thing.”

“Like right now?”

I smiled nervously, “Basically…”

I took a deep breath and said, “Let’s go then.” She nodded her head and we both went back to the group. The guys noticed that we arrived and most of them smiled but were a little confused.

Matt was the first to speak, “Where did you two go off to?”

“We went to the bathroom.” I stated bluntly.

Janelle nodded and walked over to Johnny. She smiled at him and he stood up. “Come on, I want to show you something.” he said sweetly.

I sat next to Zacky and put on a fake smile for everyone.

“Since when do you like her?” asked Brian. Can’t he just drop things? He just has to make things difficult.

“I can be polite to her if I choose too. Is there a crime with that? No.” I snapped. “Or would you rather have me beat the living shit out of her?”

Brian rolled his eyes and everyone smiled.

“Blake…I didn’t expect to see you here,” Jake said coolly. He wasn’t happy. Oh well, my life doesn’t revolve on making him happy all the damn time. He needs to understand that.

“Neither did I. How are you, Jake?” I plastered the nicest smile I could on my face. I looked into the ocean and laid back into the warm Californian sand. I thought about putting tanning oil on my half naked body but decided against it. I don’t plan on being in this bikini for long, I need to work soon.

“I’m fine. You know, being kicked out just made my year,” he stated tartly.

I sighed. He was being really mean. I know that he’s mad that I said he can’t stay with me but he has to get over it. I also know that its worse I have a boyfriend. He probably knows its Zacky too. That’s great!

“Can you pass me a beer?” asked Jimmy. I passed everyone a beer and the atmosphere soon relaxed. We all chilled out.

“Babe, where were you this morning?” asked Zacky as he lied down next to me. I checked to make sure Jake didn’t hear it. It didn’t seem as if he was because Matt was keeping him distracted with a conversation.

“What do you mean?” I asked neutral.

“You weren’t next to me when I woke up.” Zacky sounded disappointed.

I turned over to my boyfriend and stared into his jade orbs. I got lost for a second and felt some of my anger diminish. I reached over and grabbed his hand and waffled them. “Babe, I had to play chauffer last night.”

He nodded and kissed my hand, sending chills down my spine. “Why are you mad?”

I can never keep a thing from him, I swear. “You got me mad last night,” I mumbled as I sat up, still holding onto him.

He got up too and put and arm around my shoulder. “What did I do?”

I sighed and looked into the water. It was beautiful. It’s a sight you can never get in Illinois. This sight is one of the things that have drawn me to come here. I love the ocean. It calms me and relaxes me. It’s a good place for the family, to read, to work out, and for a romantic time. It’s an amazing place overall.

“You were talking to other girls and dancing with them,” I stated flatly as I turned to look at him.

Zachary sighed and pulled me into a hug. “I’m sorry. That was dumb of me! I know how pissed I’d get if I saw you dancing with other guys. That wasn’t cool of me. I’m sorry, babe. You know I love you.” He kissed my cheek.

“It’s okay. I shouldn’t get so jealous. I love you and nothing will change that.” I kissed the Deathbat on his chest. “I’m sorry I got mad for a stupid reason.”

“Blake! Get your hot ass over here!”

I looked behind me to see Leana smiling. I kissed Zacky on the cheek and ran to her and tackled her. We both giggled as I got off of her.

“We need to hangout soon, baby!” she yelled.

“I know! I miss out girl’s night out! You, I, Chelle, and Val need to hangout soon!”

“What about Janelle? We can’t leave her out!”

I sighed and rubbed my temples. “I suppose she can come too.”

Leana hugged me. “That’s my girl! She isn’t that bad either!”

“I know her better than you.” I smiled for her but it wasn’t very convincing. “If she comes than so does Ariel.”

“So be it!”

I looked at my phone for the time. It was almost four and I have work at five. I should get going.

I stood up and announced that I had to leave.

“Yeah, I think it’s time to pack up anyway,” Matt said. We all helped to bring camp down and carried things to the cars.

Jake asked me if we could talk alone. Damn it! I told Janelle I wouldn’t do anything to hurt him but he’s asking for rejection! Great! What am I supposed to do now?

He brought me by the steps of the pier and immediately said, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

I thought about playing dumb and asking what he meant but I know Jake will only get even more pissed. He is like a little brother to me, I can’t be too mean.

“Are you going to answer me? Or should I ask my sister?” he threatened.

”Please, don’t do that. I didn’t tell you because I was with Zacky. I’ve been with him for 5 months now. I didn’t even think of the possibilities of running into Janelle again. What made you think that my door was always open for you? We’re not kids anymore Jake. I’m twenty-four years old, I had to change and the only thing I could think of was leaving that shitty ass home,” I told him. Jake was a sweetheart but he was also intimidating. I’m not afraid of the kid but I just don’t like him to be mad at me!

“That’s not what I meant. Why didn’t you tell me earlier that my sister was dating your boyfriend’s best friend? Did you think we would’ve never run into each other? Or did you think avoiding me while I lived with her was a better option?”

Wow. Jake is playing a really low blow right now! He knows I didn’t tell him because it wasn’t my place to tell him who his sister was sleeping with. Nor was it her business to tell him who I was dating. The best thing was to tell him I was sorry.

“Jake, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you where I lived but I thought it would’ve been better to keep you out of my life because keeping you out of my life meant keeping her out of it. I had no clue that Johnny and Janelle knew each other till three days ago. I knew he liked some girl but I didn’t know it was her. I didn’t even know she lived here.”

“Thanks Blake, I’m glad you thought of yourself rather than others. Did you even notice how much I cared about you? I cared more about you than I did of anything else. I made mine and Janie’s relationship all fucked up because of how I felt towards you. I held it all in, thinking one day, just one day, maybe you’d come back and fix everything with her. But it never happened. You hurt my sister and she hurt you but when you two fought, neither of you noticed how hurt I had been,” he retorted at me, venom dripping from his words.

I can’t believe he is turning this around to me! I didn’t do anything! He’s lucky I even said sorry to him! I know he made his and Janelle’s relationship fucked up and all but he also knew I didn’t like him. I didn’t ask him to do that shit; that was on him. He just needs someone to blame, like always, he has never had a backbone to take responsibility. I’m surprised he didn’t make up an excuse about not going to college!

“Jake—“

“I don’t want to hear it anymore. Tell Janelle, when you see her, that I’m at the car.”

I watched as he walked away, what a tool. Whatever, it’s not like I plan on seeing him that much. He doesn’t have to like me if he chooses not to! Jake can stay with his sister and when they get into a fight- and I know they will because they always do- my door will not be open for me.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned suddenly. I saw Janelle walking with Johnny; she was giving me a cold glare. That bitch is lucky I don’t go over there and slap the damn look off of her dumbass face.

I was about to speak but she cut me off, bitch.

“Save it, I already told you not to talk to him about that stuff. Now, look at what happened. I knew this night wouldn’t end well.”

I gave her a look saying Bitch, please and then everyone came back.

“Hey, Janelle, your brother is at the car. He said he wanted to go home and sleep.” Jimmy said politely. Janelle told him thanks and hugged everyone besides me. Not that I gave a hell, she isn’t of importance to me. I don’t want to have aids from touching her, anyways. She kissed Johnny and then got into the car with her brother and they drove off.

Good ridden. I was about to go all ninja-bitch on her! I need to like cool my jets, which is hard to do when I’m by Janelle or thinking about her.

“What did you do now?” asked Brian as he put his hands on his hips.

I rolled my eyes. “She’s just being a dumb bitch, no offense Johnny. She’s getting mad at me because Jake got mad at me and she told me not to talk to him about something. What am I supposed to do if he corners me and asks? No shit I’m going to tell him!” I seethed out. “Plus, she doesn’t tell me what to do. If she tells me to jump I’m not going to ask her how high, nope!”

Johnny sighed and just walked away. I felt bad, I hate having him in the middle and all but he needs to tell his girlfriend when and where to get off. Especially around me, I don’t take shit from people. She’s lucky I didn’t do anything- this time!

“Blake, Hun, you need to be nicer about Janelle! Especially when Johnny is around! You know he really likes this girl! She isn’t half bad, anyways.”

I gave him an Excuse me look and everyone else just made an, “Oooh!” noise.

“You are going to get your balls chopped off for that one!” screamed Matt. Everyone laughed at his comment. Except me and my boyfriend, that is. I continued to give him my look and he just gave me an innocent smile in return.

“C’mon! Do it already, Blake! I don’t want to be here any longer! You know I have pasty-white skin and I can’t stay out in the sun too long! Make it quick!” pleaded Jimmy as he jumped up and down.

“You have one chance to make it better,” I warned Zacky. “Choose your words carefully.”

Zack reached for my hand but I snatched it away. I know I probably sound like a bitch but he already was walking on thin ice and he made it worse for himself. He knows when I’m in a bad mood and then he tries to compliment Janelle when I’m in a bad mood? Bad choice and he knows it.

“Babe, you are over reacting! Janelle is a nice girl and she is really cool! I like her,” Leana stated. “I know you think that Zack is taking her side but he isn’t, and you know it. He just wants you to give her a fair chance, like the rest of us! Plus, just because you don’t like her doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t!”

I looked at her, astonished. I let my mouth hang ajar. Is she really picking Janelle over me? She’s known me for years and she’s known Janelle for about two or so days! I can’t believe she would do this to me! Leana takes Janelle’s side, nice!

“Wow you guys. Just wow!” I screamed at all of them. Everyone cringed. “Exactly, you can all like her, I’m not saying not to! But for you guys to take her side over mine when you don’t know my side is pretty shitty. I’ve known you guys for years and she’s known you for a couple of days! I would expect that I can count on all of you to at least listen to my side, or is that too much to ask? Sorry that I’m not good enough like she is!” the venom dripped from my words and I can tell they all felt it go into their systems.

I gave them all a cold glare and then turned around and huffed away. I went to my car and locked the doors because I heard someone chasing after me, probably James, Zack, or Brian. I held onto my composure as they tapped on my window. I looked at the window and gave it my best scowl. Brian and Zack were outside of my window. Brian motioned for me to roll it down. I rolled it down a few centimeters.

“What do you guys want?” I asked, tartly.

Brian sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “You know that’s not what Leana meant.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “That explains why she didn’t come after me and denied it, huh?” I rolled up the window and started the car. I grabbed my iPod and scrolled down to “Always” by Erasure. This was an old song but a very good one. Brian tried hitting the glass again but I flipped him off and started to backup. I bet I sound like a drama queen, oh well.

I went home and screamed into a pillow. I was so pissed off! They were my friends and they won’t even listen to my side. Who does that? I went into my kitchen and grabbed out the ingredients for a strawberry daiquiri. I smoked as I drank some.

My phone rang and I was tempted to throw it across the room. I decided against it and looked at the caller ID, it was my boss! Kory Grow, senior editor of Revolver Magazine!

“Hello?” I asked as I answered.

“Blake! Where are you? You’re fifteen minutes late and you have to interview Disturbed!”

I slapped my hand on my forehead. How could I forget about work? I groaned.

“I’m so sorry, Kory! I’ll be there in ten minutes or less, I swear! Tell them I’m sorry!” I hung up and chugged my drink, grabbed my essentials and was out the door in record time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm SO sorry it took forever to post this up! I've been busy with school and everything and I have not had time to write. It's difficult because I must run everything over with Jenna. Sorry, we are trying to do better! Also, we are sorry that the story is going by so slowly. We are working on it and it will no longer be one day is two chapters; one in Janelle's POV and one in Blake's. They'll change! :D

Also, this was sort of a filler. Sorry! I know that Blake is a total bitch in this but that's how I wanted her to be. So please refrain on commenting about her being a bitch. That's how I wanted the chapter; she will change!
Blake
Always by Erasure