Status: Active - Writing

Forgotten Faces

I'll Follow You Into the Dark

I woke up the next day to the sound of my phone going off. I opened my eyes and started searching for my phone. When I finally found it I answered without a checking caller ID. “Hello?” I asked with sleep still in my voice.

“Janie, it’s me Jake. You’re apartment number is 2B right?”

“Yes, it is. Why?”

“Because I’m opening the door right now.” He said and then hung up. I heard the door open and then close with a bunch of stuff falling to the floor. I’m hoping those were his bags. They sounded heavy. “Janie! Where are you?” he called from the loft.

“I’m in my bedroom.” I yelled. He walked into my room and laughed to himself. “What are you laughing at?”

“How much did you drink at that BBQ?”

“The BBQ soon turned into a party and I had probably two beers and I took three shots.”

“Did you drive yourself home?”

“Yes, I did. I was barely drunk. I know how to hold my liquor.”

“But, you still get hangovers?”

I groaned, “Fuck yes. But they don’t last long, if only I had a wonderful brother to get me a glass of water and Tylenol.”

“Fine, I’ll get it.” He mumbled and walked out of my room. He quickly came back with the two things I asked for him to get. He handed me the Tylenol and water and I gladly took it.

“So, how was the flight?”

“I hated it.”

“Why?”

“Because it was overly crowded and the flight attendant kept bugging me.”

I laughed, “Well that sucks…” he rolled his eyes and turned then I noticed a tattoo I’ve never seen before. “Jake…?”

“Yeah?”

“When did you get that tattoo?”

“This one…” he pointed to the one on his arm. I nodded my head and he said, “I got it when I was drunk.”

“They don’t give drunken people tattoos.”

“Yes, but I grew up with you who knew how to make sure our parents didn’t sense that you were drinking so, I used those skills to get the tattoo.”

“True. What does VLE stand for anyway?”

He shrugged, “Beats me, my friends said that I told the guy to put those letters on my arm and no one questioned me till I was sober.”

“Nice Jacob. I’m guessing you’re going to keep it?”

“Like I have the money to get the laser shit done, plus it’ll hurt, so fuck that.”

“I have to agree. Well, what do you want to do today?”

“I don’t know I haven’t been down here in a while.”

“How about we go down to Huntington beach pier?” I suggested. His face lit up and said, “Yes, sure. Sounds like fun. Are we going swimming?”

“If you want to, I was thinking maybe surfing?”

“You surf?”

“Yeah, I kind of picked up on it after living in California for a while. What about you?”

“I can’t do that fancy shit but yeah, I can surf. That’s what happens when you go to college in Florida.” He chuckled. The room grew quiet and I felt the need to know why he quit so I asked, “Jake…”

“Yeah?”

“Why did you drop out of college?” I asked. He didn’t answer for about a minute until he final said, “I couldn’t handle it.”

“Handle what?”

“The stress, I couldn’t handle the thought of flunking every test I got. So, I dropped out. I knew mom and dad wouldn’t agree but I didn’t know they’d kick me out. I thought I’d be able to get an affordable apartment and get a decent job but it was too hard trying to do that within a week. Do you know how it feels to have both parents so ashamed of you because you mess up on just one fucking thing?” he snapped.

I didn’t answer back because I knew exactly how he felt. When he noticed I didn’t answer he looked at me. I quickly turned my head towards the window not wanting my brother see me cry. What he said really hurt. Of course I know how he feels. Our parents disowned me when I didn’t walk down the fucking aisle for high school graduation. They disowned me when I needed Blake to tutor me and they disowned me when I partied every Friday and Saturday. I knew exactly what it felt like, but I had it worse.

“I’m sorry Janie, I didn’t mean-” I cut him off, “Jake, its okay. I get it. I feel the same exact way. Feeling like you’re not good enough, feeling the stress to try to make your parents proud, trying to be just like your ex-best friend just to have at least one family member like you enough to know that they care for you. I get it, we all have problems.

' But what I did happened five years ago and none of them ever once said to me, ‘I’m proud you at least got to walk the graduation at college.’ Or ‘I’m proud that you changed your old ways.’ But no, none of them did. None of them ever did.” I broke down; crying harder then I had in years. I then felt two arms wrap me into a hug and pull me onto their lap. I cried on my little brother’s shoulder. He may be younger but he’s still bigger.

“Janie, I’m sorry. I’m proud of you, I know I haven’t said that to you but I am. I really am. I wish I could’ve been like you… well smart wise. I wish I could’ve finished school but I just couldn't. I’m glad you did. You’re more successful then I will ever be. I love you so much Janie. I always will.” He said sympathetically. I pulled away from his shoulder and looked into his eyes. They were glossy and tears were starting to form. The look on his face told me that everything he said was true. I gave my brother a tight hug and we stayed like that for a while. Then my phone started ring.

“That phone just ruined our brother/sister bonding.”

He laughed, “Are you going to answer it at least?”

“Yes…” I said and grabbed my phone. I looked at the caller ID as it flashed Johnny on the screen. I smiled and answered, “Hello?”

“Hey Janie, are you awake?”

I laughed, “Obviously, I don’t think I would answer it if I was asleep.”

“Oh, sorry.” He chuckled, “Well, I was wondering if you were home. Are you?”

“Yes, I’m home. Why?” I replied and then heard my doorbell. I got up off my brothers lap and walked to it, “Johnny could you hold on a second, someone’s at my door.” I told him. I only heard him laugh but I heard the same laugh outside my door. I quickly opened it to reveal my lovely boyfriend. “Johnny! What the hell?” I laughed, “How did you even get here?”

“Zacky drove me. He, the guys, and Leana wanted to know if you would like to come down to Huntington Beach Pier with us.”

“I guess they want me there more than you do?” I joked.

“Hell no, I want you there more than they do, actually I’m demanding you to go so I suggest you go grab your stuff quickly before I kidnap you and make you go in your underwear.”

“Who said I was wearing any?” I laughed.

“Please don’t say stuff like that, it turns me on too quickly.” He said shyly.

I laughed, “Okay, I’ll stop. But yes, I’ll go with you guys. I was actually going to head down there with my brother. He just got in not so long ago. As you haven’t noticed there are about three bags on my living room floor.”

“He’s already here? Where is he?” he asked.

“I don’t know, hold on…” I said as I turned around and yelled, “Jacob Tyler! Come in here right now!”

Johnny laughed from behind me and Jake showed up muttering, “Geez, Janelle you’re so fucking demanding.”

Johnny laughed and I turned and glared at him, “Like you would know.”

“Janie, I’ve known you for like three months and for two weeks we were inseparable. I think I would know if you’re demanding or not. You have your moments.”

“Thanks John I’m so glad you already find me demanding.”

“It’s alright, I find it kind of sexy.” He winked.

“Okay, hi. Remember me? Yeah, minor still in the room” Jake joked.

I laughed, “Jake you’re twenty-one. You’re not a minor anymore.”

“Yes, but I don’t like it when I hear my sister and I’m guessing, her boyfriend have that kind of talk when I’m present.”

“Okay, we’ll stop. Any who, Jake this is Johnny, my boyfriend, and Johnny this is Jake, my little brother.” I said to both of them. They shook each others hands and I was amazed at how nice Jake was being. He usually hated every guy I dated and he just happened to be in town.

“Well, Jake. Johnny’s here to ask me if I wanted to go down to Huntington with him and since we already planned to go there we’ll be going with him, and his friends.”

Jake shrugged, “Fine by me. I guess we won’t be surfing then.”

“You surf?” Johnny asked.

“Yes, I do. It kind of just stuck with me when I moved here. Most of my friends from college surfed and they taught me.”

“Wow, I didn’t know that.”

“You’ve never surfed before?”

He shook his head, “Nope, I haven’t.”

“Well, looks like you found yourself two amazing teachers.” I laughed.

He smiled, “Sounds good to me. I’ll meet you guys downstairs. Do you just want to follow us?”

“Wait! They’re all in Zacky’s car?”

“Well, no. Zack, I, and Brian are in his car and Matt, Jim and Leana are in Matt’s car with all the shit.”

“Oh cool. Jake can you go and find your stuff and when you’re done; the boards are in the closet. Can you put them in the trunk of my car?”

“Yea, sure thing sis.” He said as he walked over to his bags and picked them up like they were nothing. He carried them to his room and disappeared while he went searching through his bags.

“We’ll be down shortly.” I smiled and kissed Johnny’s cheek as I went off to my room. I changed out of my pajamas and into my black Roxy Swimsuit, I put a dark grey romper over my suit and put my board shorts in my beach bag so I can put them on when I get to the beach. I then brushed my hair and put the brush in my bag, brushed my teeth, and then I put on top of my head. I put my wallet, phone and keys in my bag and adding my towel in and headed out the door with my brother, who had been ready before me. I locked the door behind us and we walked down to my car. I saw Matt and Zack’s as well as the others in the cars and waved to them telling we were ready. I waited for both of them to pass as I pulled out of my spot and drove behind them.

Image


“Janelle!” Leana yelled as she knocked me down onto the sand. We both laughed and got up and gave each other a nice, tight hug.

“It’s good to see you too Leana, I’m surprised you don’t have a hangover.” I laughed.

“Well, if you stay up till you’re sober and drink water then you won’t have one.” She smiled. “So, who’s this?” she asked staring at my brother.

I laughed, “You’ll know him once when we get everything settled.”

“Fine by me… Guys! Hurry up, I want to know this guys name!” she yelled at the six guys setting up our spot. I laughed as she yelled at them to pick up the pace. I walked back to my car with Jake by my side and we grabbed our boards and my bag. We headed down to the spot where everyone was setting up and I was surprised to see it was finished. “Wow, you guys set up quickly.”

“Well, we don’t want to get on Leana’s bad side. Trust me you do not want to meet it.” Matt laughed.

I held up my hand and nodded, “Scouts honor. Anyway… Guys this is my little brother Jacob, but you can call him Jake. Jake, this is Matt, Brian, Jimmy, Leana, and Zacky.” I said pointing to each person. “And you’ve already met Johnny.” I said with a smile. All the guys said a bunch of ‘what’s up.’ Except for Leana who said, “Oh my god! This is your brother. And he’s younger! But he’s so much taller than you! Dude, how old is he?”

Jake laughed, “I’m twenty-one and it’s nice meeting you guys.”

“So, Jake what are you doing here in California?” Matt asked.

“I decided to move out here with my sister. I barely see her as it is and I thought it would be better to just come out and stay.”

“So, you didn’t go to college?” Brian asked.

“Well, I did. I just dropped out.”

“Oh, well good choice. I hated school. I don’t see why people go.” Johnny laughed.

“Says the one who dropped out of high school to be in a band.” Zacky joked.

“You guys are in a band?” Jake asked.

“Yeah, we are. And we’re getting a lot more fans, which is good.” Jimmy smiled.

“What are you guys called?”

“Avenged Sevenfold, Janie did you not tell him you’re dating a sexy bassist?” Johnny asked.

I shrugged, “I didn’t think it was important.”

Johnny faked a hurt gasped, “You don’t think my sexiness is important.”

“Nope.” I said popping the ‘p.’

“Oh, you’re going to get it now.” Johnny said smiling and standing up. I stood up quickly and laughed, “I’d like to see you try.” And I took off running. Johnny was close behind me and soon enough he grabbed my wrist and we tripped over our feet and onto the sand. We burst out laughing and in a far distance we could hear everyone else laughing. I looked over my left shoulder to where Johnny was lying and I looked over at him with a huge smile on my face. When he turned his head towards me our eyes met and the same smile I had was plastered on his face too.

“What would I do without you?” he asked in a dream like voice. Instead of replying I leaned over, straddling him and kissed him on the lips, cupping his face into my hands. We slowly kissed each other as he sat up and wrapped his arms around my waist. The kiss was cut short when someone’s volleyball hit the side of us and sand flew on us. I looked around to see who threw it and to my surprise it wasn’t from where the others were set up. It was from a face I didn’t expect to see in California.

Dean Smith.

“Oh shit, I’m so sorry.” He said as he came into view. Johnny and I got up and brushed the sand off of us. I picked up the ball and handed it over to him. “Its fine, we’ll be okay. Just be careful where you throw the thing.”

He laughed and grabbed the ball from out of my hand. “Thanks…” he paused and studied me closely. “Wait a second; do I know you from somewhere?”

“I don’t think so? Why?” I asked knowing I was lying, but then my brother came over.

“Hey, Janelle did you bring wax for the boards?” He asked. I maintained myself from cringing and replied, “Yeah, it’s in my bag. You’ll see it.”

“Okay, thanks.” He said and walked away. When I looked back at Dean he looked at me with shock filled through his eyes. “Uh… I’m going to go now.” I said with a confused tone.

“Wait, is you’re name…uh, Janelle Cassadee Tyler?” he asked with my back turned I stopped dead in my tracks and this time I did cringe. Johnny’s hand wrapped around me tighter reassuring that he was still there and I turned my head towards Dean and stuttered, “Y-yes. How do y-you know my name?”

He smiled, “We went to high school together! I guess you don’t remember me, but I’m Dean, Dean Smith.”

“Oh, no I don’t remember you. I’m sorry.”

“Of course you do. I think we dated in senior year. You were best friends with that smart girl, uh, Blake, I think her name was?”

Now, I knew I couldn’t lie. The anger from that year just came boiling back, so I snapped, “Oh, Dean! Now, I remember you. You were the asshole that dumped me because I wouldn’t put out for you. So you ended up cheating on me, behind my back for two months. Damn, I wish I could’ve seen that coming. You weren’t even worth my time…” I paused and looked at him. I swear if I had a camera I’d take a picture because his face was drop dead priceless. “…I guess we all learn from our mistakes.” I shrugged.

“Janelle, I’m so sorry, I really didn’t mean to cheat on you. It was a mistake. After I broke up with you I learned that I was an ass”- I cut him off right where he was.

“Oh, please no need to apologize to me. What’s done is done and we can’t go back to the past now. So, if you excuse me, I’d like to go enjoy the rest of the day with my boyfriend and our friends.” I said confidently and walked back over to our setup with Johnny. When I sat down everyone looked at me and Johnny with confusion.

“Who was that guy?” Leana asked.

I laughed and stated, “That guy was Dean Smith.” Brian, Jimmy, Matt, Zacky and Jake’s eyes all snapped towards me with their eyes wide and filled with questions. “That’s the guys you dated in high school? That’s the guy that dumped you and cheated on you for two months?” Zacky asked.

I nodded my head, “Yup, that’s the one.”

“What did he want?” Brian asked looking towards Johnny.

He shrugged, “He didn’t want anything. Once he realized who Janie was he started to apologize, but she basically told him to fuck off and that he wasn’t worth her time.”

“Oh wow.” Jake scoffed which caused me to turn all of our heads towards him with confusion. He didn’t even acknowledge the stares because all he did was stand up with his board and walk to the shore line. I sighed to myself and Johnny placed his arm around me, “He doesn’t know, do he?” Zacky asked.

I looked over at him, “Doesn’t know what?”

“He doesn’t know that you and Blake are kind of in the same circle now, does he?”

I shook my head, “I haven’t told him anything about Blake. I don’t think she did either because knowing him he would’ve called her and told her the whole dilemma about him moving here. And if she said that she was dating Zacky Vengeance, Rhythm Guitarist for the band Avenged Sevenfold, then he would’ve said something.”

“He knows.” Jimmy said staring out at the ocean.

“How would you know?” I asked.

“Because when Johnny said Avenged Sevenfold his face turned to stone as if he was angry at someone for lying to him.”

“So, you’re saying that Blake told him about Zacky, but just kept out the part that I’m dating Johnny and that we’ve already had a fight.”

He nodded, “To the looks of it, yes. And she and the twins are coming down here soon. They said that they saw us setting up while they were walking the pier, but they went for lunch.”

“Oh, sounds like this day is going great already.” I sarcastically said. Zacky, who has been sitting next to me silently, chuckled after I said that. I looked at him and said, “Why are you laughing?”

“Just laughing at your sarcasm, but to be all serious, go enjoy the beach and don’t let this bug you. Relax; go surf and when you come back the mood could have changed.” Zack said calmly.

“Are you on something Vengeance?” Matt laughed, he didn’t reply though he just stared at me with a soft smile. I nodded my head and stood up. I took off my romper and put on my board shorts. When I turned around I noticed Johnny staring at me with wide eyes and he swallowed heavily. I smirked at him and just when he noticed his face turned red and whipped his head around. I walked over back to the group and sat on Johnny’s lap.

“Whoa, I didn’t know you had a tattoo.” Leana stated.

“What does it say?” Brian asked as he tried reading it.

“It says, ‘we accept the love we think we deserve.’ I got a week before I moved out here for college, after graduation.” I paused, “I have another one on my foot.” I smiled. “It says, ‘happiness is just a step away.’ I got it three years ago. I was having more family problems but my friend told me this and I got it tattooed.”

“Is that it?” Matt asked.

I shook my head, “I have an appointment in a few weeks for a new one. I’m getting wings on my back, except with no feathers, and a lot bonier looking.”

“I can’t wait to see how that turns out. It sounds pretty cool.” Johnny said in my neck.

I laughed, “Well, I’m going to go catch some waves, anyone want to join?” There were a bunch of no thank you, but luckily Brian said he would. We both got up and grabbed our boards. Then we went out to the water. We were both sitting on the boards as we waited for a wave to come when he said, “Did you tell him yet?”

“Tell who what?” I said looking at him.

“Did you tell Johnny what you said to my dad and I remember?”

“Oh…” I paused, “I haven’t gotten the chance to. I was going to last night, but we got interrupted.”

“I see… What about your brother? Why is he really here?” he asked.

“He’s here because he’s being treated the way I was being treated. He dropped out of college, came home, and expected our parents to be okay with it. Obviously not, so when he couldn't find a place or a job, he came crawling to me. If he knew where Blake lived he would've been with her instead of me. And I probably would’ve found out if we ever crossed paths in town.”

“At least he’s here with you now. You do know he loves you right?”

“Johnny or my brother?” I asked becoming confused.

“Well, both, but we’re talking about your brother. He loves you no matter what. You’ll always be there for him and he knows it. He just wants what he can’t have.”

“And what he wants is Blake, but can’t have her because she and I aren’t friends and she’s madly in love with Zacky?”

“Exactly.” He stated simply. It was quiet for a moment until we saw a wave. Both of our faces brightened up and we started paddling towards the wave. I got to it first so he gave up and dove under. I was happy when I was on this wave, I felt free. I know I’m not the best, but Zack was right, I needed to relax and that’s exactly what I did.

After about an hour surfing with Brian, we decided it’d be best to go back to shore. When we walked up to where the group was I noticed that the twins were there. “Hey, Janie!” they said in unison.

I waved, “Hey, guys. How was lunch?”

“It was good. Oh and when did you surf? You were amazing out there!” Val answered.

“Thanks, but I’m not a professional, I started surfing when I moved here though…” I paused, “Where’s Jake?” I asked.

“You mean that tall blond guy?” Michelle asked I nodded. “He went with the guys to go get everyone some food.”

“That’s nice of them to invite me.” Brian mumbled. I laughed and pushed him away. I threw my board down and sat crisscrossed on my beach towel. The girls laughed but then I noticed something odd, “Wait, I was told you two went to lunch with Blake? Where’s she at?”

“Oh, she went to the shack to get us beer.”

“All of us?” I asked.

“Yes, as in a case.” Michelle laughed, “Hey babe, can you put some sunscreen on my back.” She said to Brian. He smirked and said, “Of course dear.”

Val, Leana, and I all rolled our eyes at the two and decided to converse amongst ourselves. “So, does Blake know that my brother is here?” I asked to Leana. Val gave us both a confused looked and I explained, “My brother, Jake, has always had a thing for Blake. To me he wants to be with her but all through our childhood his excuse was that he’d rather have her as a sister than me. If he knew where Blake lived, he’d be living with her now and not me. There’s more but too much to explain.” She nodded understandingly.

“She hasn’t seen him yet because when the guys left, the girls came like 5 minutes after. Then before you and Brian came back Blake left to go get some booze.” Leana explained.

“Okay, well she better hurry because I’m going to need one soon.” I said worriedly.

“Love, you should calm down. Who knows what will happen. Just relax. Okay?” she said.

“You’re right, I need to relax. Nothing wrong will happen, nothing at all.” I said breathing calmly.

“Back!” A female voice yelled from beside us. We all turned our heads towards the voice and it was Blake, for once in a very long time I was happy to see her. Or maybe it was because she was carrying two cases of Heineken.

“Hi, Blake!” Leana yelled excitedly.

“Who wants some… oh shit.” She said and dropped the cases. Luckily, they were already close to the ground, but I was kind of confused on why she dropped them. Her eyes weren't set on me, but were set on a sight from the distance. I turned my head in her direction and noticed my brother, Johnny, Zacky, Jimmy, and Matt walking with food bags and laughing. I turned towards Blake and my eyes grew wide when she looked at me with pleading eyes. I then got up with my towel and walked over towards her, wrapping it around both of us and walking quickly towards the life guard shack. When I was sure we were hidden I turned towards her.

“This night might not end well but bare with me okay?” I asked her. She nodded for me to continue, “Jake has a huge crush on you. Has been and I don’t know when it will end. Please, don’t do anything to hurt him tonight, like ignore him completely or sucking face with Zack. It’ll crush him. I don’t even know if he knows you’re dating him yet. Did you tell him?”

“Yes, I told him. He called me at like three in the morning. He told me that your parents were kicking him out of the house. He said because he dropped out of college?” she said as a question.

“He did drop out of college. He said he couldn’t handle the stress. He thought our parents would understand and let it slide but of course they didn’t. They did the same thing to me after high school. Why do you think I’m…?” I cut myself off. “God, forget that, that’s not what you were asking. Anyway, Jake dropped out, had no where else to go and asked me. I don’t want him to live with you. He’s my brother and I’d like for him and I to get a long for once.”

She nodded, “I get it Janelle and don’t worry he’s not coming to my place to stay anytime soon. I want him to realize that I can’t always be there for him. You’re his sister and I’m not. He needs to understand.” She said.

I smiled, “Looks like smart Blake came out. How long has it been since she’s been out of the shell?” she laughed along with me, but then it got awkward.

“What are we going to do when we get back so they don’t act all suspicious and shit?” Blake asked.

“The bathrooms are just up the hill so we’ll just say we went there. And one more thing.”

“Yeah?”

“For tonight, we’ll act okay with each other. But we’ll keep our distance. Like it’ll just be an awkward thing.”

“Like right now?”

I smiled nervously, “Basically…”

She took a deep breath and said, “Let’s go then.” I nodded my head and we both went back to the group. The guys noticed that we arrived and most of them smiled but where a little confused. Matt was the first to speak, “Where did you two go off to?”

“We went to the bathroom.” Blake said bluntly. I acted like I didn’t care and walked over to Johnny. I smiled at him and he stood up. “Come on, I want to show you something.” He said sweetly. I giggled and took his hand he held out for me and followed him to the tide pools. “Why are we over here?” I asked in confusion. He didn’t answer; instead he climbed on top of a boulder and helped me on it, sitting next to him. We were facing the ocean and that’s when I noticed how beautiful the sunset looked as it was slowly fading in the distance. I smiled at the sight and looked over at Johnny who was staring at me with a soft smile. “What?” I asked.

“Where do you think you’d be, if we never met?” he asked.

“Honestly, I have no clue. It all depends on what would’ve happened… I wouldn’t change it though. You were meant in my life for a reason. I just have to learn what it is.”

He smiled, “I wouldn’t change that night either. When I walked in the bar, I wasn’t thinking I’d meet a girl that I’d fall in love with.”

“You love me?” I asked with a happy smile forming on my face.

He nodded, “Yea, I do. I’m so fucking in love with you that I can’t even describe how much I love you…” He paused, “…We’ve only known each other for such a short time and I’ve already fallen hard for you and the sky just keeps getting deeper and deeper.”

I was speechless. He said almost the same thing I had said to Brian and Papa Gates. Instead of saying anything I pulled my face to his and our lips crashed together. I loved him so much I knew I wouldn’t know what to do without him. I was so lucky to have him. When we pulled away I smiled before I opened my eyes. I looked into his light brown orbs as he looked into my pale blue ones. I saw a light in his eyes that made me even happier. I finally found the words I’ve been longing to say to him, “I love you too, Johnny. I love you so fucking much.”

His smile widened and we softly pecked at each others lips. I then decided to cuddle into him. He wrapped his arm around my waist for me to get closer to him (if it was possible). We stayed like this till it was just the stars outside. Then Johnny’s phone rang saying he had a message. He groaned and checked it. “Jimmy said that everyone is heading home. Do you think we should go?” he asked.

“As much as I want to say no, we have to. My brother is with them and it’s his first night in. So, yes we have to go.”

“Okay, I guess you’re right. Come on.” He said as he helped me off the rock. We walked up the steps to the pier and just as we were about to turn the corner I heard Jake, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Who was he talking to? I thought. I looked over at Johnny who had the similar expression.

“Are you going to answer me? Or should I ask my sister?” he asked. Finally, the voice that I have not heard yet spoke, “Please, don’t do that. I didn’t tell you because I was with Zacky. I’ve been with him for 5 months now. I didn’t even think of the possibilities of running into Janelle again. What made you think that my door was always open for you? We’re not kids anymore Jake. I’m twenty-four years old, I had to change and the only thing I could think of was leaving that shitty ass home.”

“That’s not what I meant. Why didn’t you tell me earlier that my sister was dating your boyfriends, best friend? Did you think we would’ve never run into each other? Or did you think avoiding me while I lived with her was a better option?”

“Jake, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you where I lived but I thought it would’ve been better to keep you out of my life because keeping you out of my life meant keeping her out of it. I had no clue that Johnny and Janelle knew each other till three days ago. I knew he like some girl but I didn’t know it was her. I didn’t even know she lived here.”

“Thanks Blake, I’m glad you thought of yourself rather than others. Did you even notice how much I cared about you? I cared more about you than I did of anything else. I made mine and Janie’s relationship all fucked up because of how I felt towards you. I held it all in, thinking one day, just one day, maybe you’d come back and fix everything with her. But it never happened. You hurt my sister and she hurt you but when you two fought, neither of you noticed how hurt I had been.”

“Jake”- Blake said sadly but was cut when Jake said, “I don’t want to hear it anymore. Tell Janelle, when you see her that I’m at the car.” And with that he walked away. When he was out of sight I took a deep breath and turned the corner with Johnny. I all the sudden became angry. Angry with myself, but more angry with Blake. She sounded so pathetic. I haven’t seen that girl since seventh grade. When she heard our footsteps she turned towards me and I shot daggers at her. She was about to speak when I said, “Save it, I already told you not to talk to him about that stuff. Now, look at what happened. I knew this night wouldn’t end well.” She didn’t say a thing since the rest of the group came back from the parking lot.

“Hey, Janelle, your brother is at the car. He said he wanted to go home and sleep.” Jimmy said politely. I gave him a soft smile and a thank you and gave him, as well as the others a hug (minus Blake). As I got to Johnny I gave him a kiss on the lips and told him I’d call him. He nodded and we kissed one last time and I walked towards my car to find my little brother sitting in the passenger seat of my car. He was smoking a cigarette and when he saw me walking his way his eyes grew wide and he stomped it out. I looked at him with confusion and asked, “Why did you do that?”

“I didn’t think you’d want to know I smoked.” He said nervously.

“It’s alright. I don’t mind. I don’t smoke, but if you want to go right ahead.”

“You’re not going to get mad and tell me how bad it is.”

“Do you want me to?” I asked and he shook his head no. “That’s what I thought, but Jake what you do with your body is your decision if you chose to smoke, then you can smoke. If you want to do pot, ecstasy and all the hard stuff, I suggest you not because then I will kick you out of my apartment and you can live on the streets. Do you understand?” I said sternly.

He smiled weakly and said, “Yes, I do. I promise that will never happen. Now, can we get home I’m really tired.”

I smiled, “Yeah, we can get home.” And with that we went back to my apartment. As I drove home, the only thing that was being heard was Death Cab for Cutie softly playing in the background.

If there’s no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I’ll follow you into the dark…
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit goes to Death Cab for the amazing song called, I'll follow you into the dark.

I liked this chapter. Sorry for such a long wait, I've been so* busy. I don't know when it'll end. I promise though once everything gets settled and orginized i'll be a better updater (;

DON'T BE A SILENT READER, PLEASE! Yeah, i'd LOVE to know your opinions on the story. Please Leave a comment and if you really like the story please subscribe !

I hope you guys like this one. I do (:

Outfits:
Janelle- wake up call
Janelle's Beach Outfit

People:
Jacob 'Jake' Tyler
Dean Smith

TATTOOS:
Love We Deserve
Step Away
Broken Wings

UP NEXT IS BRYANNA! Get ready for it, i know it'll be amazing :D

oh, and please read my other stories! i hope you guys will like them (: