Love Song of the Sea

Half-blood is such a degrading term.

Image


Camp Halfblood.

I scowled at how degrading that term sounded.

“So, this is home, huh?” I inquired with a quirked brow.

Percy and Goatboy nodded as I scoffed, deciding to voice my earlier opinion.

“How degrading.”

“Hey, man, it’s better than Hell.” Goatboy teased as I immediately perked up.

“Definitely!” I chirped out in agreement.

After a moment or two, I remembered something.

“Hey, where’s Sk—I mean, Annabeth?” I questioned, glancing around.

“She, uh. . .” Percy began, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

“She doesn’t like you~” Goatboy replied with a careless shrug.

“Oh, feeling’s mutual then.” I replied with a scoff.

“Anyway, shouldn’t we, you know, enter the camp?” I inquired, staring up at the entrance.

“There’s something we need to talk to you about first.” Goatboy said seriously.

“What is it?” I questioned eagerly.

“Nobody can know who you are, heck no one even knows we were gone. . .” Percy stated meekly.

“You left without telling anybody? They’ve got to be worried sick---” I began loudly.

“Shh, Andromeda. Don’t draw attention to us just yet. . .” Percy stated quietly, clamping a hand over my mouth.

At this, I felt my cheeks heat up.

I attempted to say something, but it came out muffled, so I merely nodded.

“Nobody can know that you’re the daughter of Hades. . .” Goatboy interjected as Percy gently removed his hand from my mouth.

“Why? Isn’t that kind of the point for me going to a Demigod camp. . .?” I drawled, looking at the both of them in confusion.

“Well, normally. But your dad broke the oath---” Goatboy began to say, but I interrupted.

“Oath? What oath?” I questioned in confusion.

“The big three agreed not to have anymore Demigod children. Poseidon broke the oath by having Percy, and Hades with you.” Goatboy finished.

“Wait a second, is that why father never let me leave the Underworld? Because he’d get into trouble if anybody knew about me?” I questioned in outrage.

“And why didn’t anyone get pissed about Percy?” I added, shooting a glance at said son of Poseidon.

“They weren’t too happy about me, but you know. I saved the day and all, so it’s okay!” Percy bragged as Goatboy and I rolled our eyes at him.

“A daughter of well, the devil, is not going to be as widely accepted.” Goatboy continued, ignoring Percy’s sudden egotistical mood.

“Plus, Nico might hate it that you’re the big guy’s favorite. . .” Percy added thoughtfully.

Nico. . .?” I asked, having no clue who that was.

“Your brother.” Goatboy answered quickly.

“Is he accepted?” I scoffed.

“Yeah, but man, he’s been alive a lot longer---” Goatboy replied.

“So? If they can accept a brother of mine, they can accept me!” I stated stubbornly before walking through the entrance.

“HEY ANDROMEDA! WAIT!” Goatboy called after me, but I ignored him.

“She’s stubborn.” Percy noted, glancing at my retreating form.

“And she might be a lot more trouble than she’s worth, especially after Annabeth finds out that you snuck out just to bring the girl she hates home from the Underworld. . .” Goatboy smirked as Percy outwardly cringed.

Crap. . ."

- - -


“What’re you doing here?” A voice scoffed rather rudely.

Somehow, I had managed to find my way straight to Skank.

“Oh, didn’t you know. Percy and Goatboy----” I began sweetly.

“ANDROMEDA! ANNABETH! I CAN EXPLAIN!” A voice shouted as the two of us turned to see Percy sprinting in our direction.

“PERCY JACKSON! YOU’D BETTER START EXPLAINING RIGHT NOW!” she exclaimed as I scowled.

“What’re you, his mother?” I replied, rolling my eyes at her.

“No, his girlfriend.” She replied with a smirk, and for some reason I felt my heart sink.

Percy hurriedly attempted to explain the situation to Annabeth who didn’t look the least bit interested.

“Are you even sure it was a good idea to bring her here? She’s dangerous and----” Annabeth began as I stomped my foot in annoyance.

“—she can hear you, you know!” I shouted.

“Good! I’d rather not let you assume that we’re friends.” Annabeth replied, looking me up and down.

“Don’t worry, I wouldn’t~” I spat as Percy looked from me to Annabeth nervously.

“As much as I love girl fights. . .” Goatboy began, grinning at the two of us.

“How are we going to explain all this to Chiron?” He finished.

Before the three of them could think up some troublesome and elaborate fake story, I spoke up.

“Tell them the truth, I don’t really care if it gets father in trouble.”

“You should care! What if he takes out his wrath on us? Because of you?” Annabeth stated smartly.

“He’s already going to be mad that we took her. . .” Goatboy added.

“He’s going to have to take his anger out on somebody. . .” Percy agreed.

I paled at this, “What if it’s mother?”

When they all stared at me with somber expressions, I sighed.

“Fine, I’ll go along with this. . .but only for mother’s sake.” I reluctantly agreed.

“Good girl!” Goatboy replied, ruffling my hair as I simply glared.

- - -


“Perseus! Who’s that you’ve got with you?” A voice boomed as I bit my lip.

“Chiron, sir. This is-----” Percy began, pulling me forward to stand in front of a rather proud looking centaur.

“A-Andy Finch, sir. I’m half-siren and I’ve got no place to go. I was wondering if I could be employed here?” I lied meekly, not making eye contact with Chiron.

“Siren, eh? Well, can you clean?” Chiron mused with a quirked brow.

“I-I suppose. . .” I stated, sending a quick glare in my newfound friend’s directions.

“Then, you’re hired. We could use the extra help around here with these Demigods. . .” Chiron laughed, patting me on the back heartily as I cringed.

Ow, I mean. Thank you, sir! You won’t regret it!” I beamed up at him.

“I hope so. Now, you should probably check with Dionysus for your first assignment. . .” Chiron suggested as I quickly nodded.

“Yes sir!” I chirped before dragging Percy and Goatboy off in search of Dionysus, God of Wine, with a very bitchy Annabeth in tow.

- - -


“There’s Mr. D!” Percy exclaimed, pointing a finger at a man who was seated with a bunch of Satyrs.

When “Mr. D.” noticed our arrival his smile quickly turned into an annoyed frown.

“Peter Johnson, Annie Bell, Satyr. . .” He nodded to each of them individually as I turned to see Annabeth.

“Oh, Annie Bell, you followed us, did you?” I smirked at her.

Bitch.” She muttered as my smirk only grew.

“Who’s that you’ve got with you?” Dionysus/Mr.D questioned, pointing a finger at me.

“This is Andy Finch, she works here now.” Percy introduced me with a smile.

“Oh? She not mortal, I trust?” Dionysus questioned curiously.

“I’m half-siren, sir. Chiron told me to report to you for my assignment or whatever. . .” I piped up, looking at him expectantly.

“S’that so? The toilets could use a nice scrub. . .” he replied, scratching his cheek.

“The. . .what?” I questioned, unsure if I heard him correctly.

“The toilets, Angie Lynch!” Dionysus retorted loudly, the lot of them looking at me like I was stupid.

I sighed at this.

“Wow, he can’t even get fake names right. . .” I heard Percy mutter as Annabeth seemed to be giggling.

“Right,” I began, glancing back at Annabeth with a glare that could kill.

“The toilets. . .”