Love Song of the Sea

Goodbyes don't last forever.

Image


It had officially been three months and twenty-seven days since I had last heard from any of my supposed rescuers. . .and yes, I did keep track. Wouldn't you?

Father thought it was funny, how easily they had given up on me.

But I still held hope, I still believed in a boy I had met by chance one day in the front hall of my father’s lair in Hell.

I wasn’t entirely sure why I was so compelled to believe a teenaged Demigod who was new to everything there was to know about Greece and the Gods themselves, maybe the part of me that was part Sea Siren was what was drawing me to him, Zeus knows that I was friendly enough to his father. . .

I suppose all Sea creatures were.

But then again, I also didn’t hold any distaste for either of them.

Not any spiteful feelings like I should’ve had, I was thoroughly captivated by the boy.

And that has never happened to me before, ever.

“Father. . .” I called out, taking a seat on the arm of his little throne-like chair.

“Yes, Andromeda dear?” He questioned blandly, turning his gaze to look at me.

“What’s so bad about me leaving the Underworld? I mean, really?” I questioned, completely serious about this topic.

“GODS! You know why! I will not have you fraternizing with the enemy! You don’t seem to understand exactly how horrid they are dear. . .” Father explained, stroking my cheek affectionately.

“Then explain it to me, father.” I pleaded.

“Those uh, Olympians and the Earth dwellers, they can’t understand us dear, they don’t know what it’s like to be trapped down here for eternity. To have fire blaze outside your windows and dead souls whisper in your ear. . .” father began coldly.

“Every single one of them are completely selfish! And they call me the corrupt one. Pft. And if I allowed you to leave the Underworld, they would surely fill your innocent little mind with lies about how wicked I am! They’d make you hate me! They’d—” Father rambled on, clenching his fist.

“So what it boils down to. . .” I began stiffly.

“Is that you’re a sore loser, you’re jealous, and you’re terrified that if you let me leave they will convince me never to come back. Because you are indeed the only thing keeping me here in the first place~” I deduced with a quirked brow.

“You’re a sad, sad, little man, father.” I spat, shaking my head.

“Andromeda. . ." He began, reaching out for me as I stalked off to my room.

“I hope you're happy!” I scoffed.

Teenagers. . .” He sighed with a defeated expression and a roll of his eyes.

- - -


An even longer amount of time has passed, and it is now time for my mother to return home.

This was good for me seeing as how she was always in much better spirits on her first few days back.

An~dromeda!” Sang my mother as she came waltzing into my room.

“The sunlight is so lovely, sweetheart! I wish you could’ve been there~” She exclaimed, falling back upon my four poster bed with a blissful sigh.

“I haven’t spoken to father in ages, you know.” I stated randomly, clutching my silky red pillow to my chest.

“What’s that pig done this time?” She inquired with a scowl etched upon her beautiful features.

“Percy Jackson and his friends and even bloody POSEIDON tried to rescue me from this piece of shit castle and father wouldn’t let me leave because he’s a jealous old—” enter a string of Greek curse words here. ;)

“Andromeda darling! Is that any way to speak of me?”

Just like that father came strutting into the room.

“Speak of the devil~” Mother mused.

“Bite me, Hades!” I stated, flicking him off and burrowing my head in my pillow.

- - -


“Andromeda~ Andromeda~ Wake up!” A voice whispered quite loudly as I was shaken awake.

“Get the fu—” I began, as my eyes opened.

It took a minute for them to adjust to the light, but I nearly screamed upon finding two figures towering over my bed.

“P-Percy?” I questioned in disbelief.

“I promised, didn’t I?” He smiled sheepishly and I smiled back quite brightly.

“Yeah, yeah. Lovebirds. I suggest we escape before dear old dad burns us to a crisp!” A voice whispered, trembling with fear.

Is that---? “GOATBOY!” I smiled, throwing my arms around him.

“Shh!” He whispered, becoming a bit red-faced.

“How did you guys get here?” I called as I shoved my few meaningful belongings into a backpack that the boys had brought me.

“Pegasi!” Percy said proudly as I gasped.

“I’ve never seen those before but I—oh! I have to tell mother and Coco goodbye~” I remembered, slinging the backpack over my shoulder.

Coco?” Goatboy questioned with a gulp.

- - -


“Who’s a good girl? Huh? Coco is! Oh, mommy’s gonna miss you! Yes she is!” I smiled bending down to kiss Coco, my favorite little Hellhound’s forehead.

“Yuck!” Goatboy called, making a face at my display of affection with Coco.

“Alright, now---” I began turning around, only to see my mother in her sleepwear, leaning against a pillar.

“Going somewhere, child?” She inquired although her face held a huge smile.

“Mother! I’m finally going to see the sunlight! I’m finally—” I stated excitedly before my face fell.

Oh, mother! I want you to come with me, with us!” I exclaimed.

“You know that I cannot, but I am happy just to be here the day you escape from this place. My little Andromeda, living up to her beautiful name. . .” Mother said somberly, leaning forward to place a kiss upon both my cheeks.

“I love you, mother~” I whispered, hugging her tightly as tears leaked out of my eyes.

“I love you too, darling. Remember that although we are of no blood relation, I will always love you as if you were my own. And, you might as well be.” she laughed, returning the hug before shoving me forward.

“Take good care of her, Percy Jackson!” She stated.

“And you as well, Satyr~” She beamed, bumping hips with the sexually frustrated fellow.

And it was just like that that I left Hell behind, along with my parents, and my pets, and of course Paulo who we happened to pass by as we flew off on our Pegasi.